Reading this make me....

Scratchtown

we have the running backs and o-line, we just choose to run Newby up the gut instead of having him go outside. Then when it never works, we throw it the rest of the game.

Our O-line is barely MAC quality and we do not have a running back that could start for any top 20 team.

The truth is somewhere between the last two statements above. :lol:

If only we had Scott Frost, he'd be the best head coach ever.

Remember, he is a Pac 12 guy, just like Riley

Except Frosty believes in a strong running game.

I think our coaches do to if only we had a line and running backs to do it with.
we have the running backs and o-line, we just choose to run Newby up the gut instead of having him go outside. Then when it never works, we throw it the rest of the game.

Our O-line is barely MAC quality and we do not have a running back that could start for any top 20 team.
I'm starting to understand why people say you're only here to troll...

I think our coaches do to if only we had a line and running backs to do it with.

You're making Pelini look like Lombardi with some of your comments.

Ameer made a poor line look average. He is gone with no one of his talent left on the team.

• Fire 1

I do not troll, I have an opinion just like everyone else.

I wouldn't say that your opinion is just like everyone elses....

• Fire 1

I guess my problem with the Riley hire is there really isn't a long-term plan. Sure, it could be argued that this would be true with any coach we brought in due to how often coaches change schools. However, Riley is 62. If it was thought that this would take some time to rebuild as Eichorst claimed in his press release, why bring in a coach near the end of his career? It doesn't make sense to me.

In regards to Herman, he appears to have a vision and is currently working towards that vision. Houston is currently 11-1, after going 7-5 last year, and Ward has improved steadily throughout the season. It's no coincidence that Ohio St's offense has struggled since his departure. He is a great coach with a high ceiling.

I wouldn't say that your opinion is just like everyone elses....

Hope not, I am not into group think like most of the rest of you but that is what makes it fun, doesn't it?

• Fire 1

I guess my problem with the Riley hire is there really isn't a long-term plan. Sure, it could be argued that this would be true with any coach we brought in due to how often coaches change schools. However, Riley is 62. If it was thought that this would take some time to rebuild as Eichorst claimed in his press release, why bring in a coach near the end of his career? It doesn't make sense to me.

In regards to Herman, he appears to have a vision and is currently working towards that vision. Houston is currently 11-1, after going 7-5 last year, and Ward has improved steadily throughout the season. It's no coincidence that Ohio St's offense has struggled since his departure. He is a great coach with a high ceiling.

That has yet to be proven at a elite power 5 school, but there is promise.

What if the long term plan was to: Get rid of Bo because of his demeanor....not so much about the wins/loses, but because he was an embarrassment to the program and to the state. Bringing in a top coach when firing a nine win coach would just not happen...too much instability in the last three coaching decisions here.(Solich, Calahan and Pelini) Get a decent coach, with a great personality to fix the image issue. Also make sure that coach isn't going to be around long term. Just long enough to fix the image, get some distance between the terrible view most coaches might have about taking the job at Nebraska and then retire. Let's say maybe three years. He retires, it is obvious the storied Husker program needs a savior, the stench of past coaching decisions has cleared, and we then make the "splash" hire everyone is clamoring for? Not saying I like that plan....but strategic planning often encompasses years, not months....

Anyone who still thinks Solich should have been fired is part of the problem.

Solich was a horrible head coach and worse recruiter. He started the downward spiral of Husker football. Part of it is Osborne's fault for picking him as the head coach instead of letting the AD do a real search.

• Fire 2

Who did Solich have a hand in recruiting the 19 yrs he spent as an assistant? Did he bring anyone of our top players in? Serious question. Now, he may not have been able to coordinate an entire program worth of recruits and have TO come seal the deal with the best we needed/got, but I'd bet he brought in/knew how to recruit top talent. Maybe not, once it was his team.

Who did Solich have a hand in recruiting the 19 yrs he spent as an assistant? Did he bring anyone of our top players in? Serious question. Now, he may not have been able to coordinate an entire program worth of recruits and have TO come seal the deal with the best we needed/got, but I'd bet he brought in/knew how to recruit top talent. Maybe not, once it was his team.

DB seems to think that Frank was a pretty good recruiter. All of those guys that made Cosgroves defense look good for a year or two were Frank's recruits. Many found time in the NFL.

Frank was in a no win situation, keeping all the staff on board, that some felt that they were better qualified to be the head coach. Not a tight nit group. Frank also had a couple of other problems, that mainly pushed him out the door. Not so much the win/loss record. BC just did not belong here. A good guy, that wanted to do well, but left with respect, and to this day, never a negative word about Nebraska. Pelini was thought to have saved Frank's bacon, but his wins were never against any power teams. He got run in those.

I am not a Bo fan, never was, for many reasons, but he did do some good things for this program, but his attitude, his position as the face of the University left a tremendous amount to be desired. So in short our to 9 win coaches were fired, but not for the coaching ability or lack there of. As much as I like Frank, he had problems and had to go. Bot took a team with a lot of talent, and made it fly for a couple of years, but then he collapsed under the preasure. Realized he was not getting the dream job, and acted like the childish immature individual he truly was. Again not about wins and losses, and coaches are well aware of why he is gone.

As far as being a good recruiter, I think he was. We had kids that named Nebraska as one of their top 5. But the staff did not work well enough to close the deals.

Bu those that think MIke Riley is only going to be here this year, are going to find next year very surprising I am afraid.