Reading this make me....

Scratchtown

Tom Herman built his staff from the ground up. Brought in guys who shared his vision and mentality.

Read this to get really sick. This guy gets it. Too many quotes to post, but I will leave this one....

The offense is geared around inside zone and power-O, run schemes that look to get downhill and plunge the ball through the A and B gaps. Herman will sprinkle in play action and run/pass options to punish defensive tactics for sneaking run defenders into the box. Herman looks to do less with more, emphasizing execution and mixing concepts in different formations to give his QB answers.

The guy also managed to get a 3rd string QB to 3-0. The B1G championship, the first playoff game and the MNC.....

And we'll we got .500.......

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/16/9329945/tom-herman-houston-cougars-football-offense-defense

How did Houston get Herman and we get Mr. average?

I really have no idea. had we offered, I think he would have taken it.

The bigger question, is the bolded. Can anyone remotely say why the hell we chose Riley. Regardless of record, past performance, culture etc the guy is 62. In the twilight of his career with nothing that screams winner or guy who can get it done.

A buddy of mine said he has watched NU throughout the year and finally watched a complete game (Iowa) and said that Riley instilled no leadership on the sidelines. Walked around looking beat, no emotion, wasn't engaging the kids at all.....

Tom Herman built his staff from the ground up. Brought in guys who shared his vision and mentality.

Read this to get really sick. This guy gets it. Too many quotes to post, but I will leave this one....

The offense is geared around inside zone and power-O, run schemes that look to get downhill and plunge the ball through the A and B gaps. Herman will sprinkle in play action and run/pass options to punish defensive tactics for sneaking run defenders into the box. Herman looks to do less with more, emphasizing execution and mixing concepts in different formations to give his QB answers.

The guy also managed to get a 3rd string QB to 3-0. The B1G championship, the first playoff game and the MNC.....

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/16/9329945/tom-herman-houston-cougars-football-offense-defense

The bigger question, is the bolded. Can anyone remotely say why the hell we chose Riley. Regardless of record, past performance, culture etc the guy is 62. In the twilight of his career with nothing that screams winner or guy who can get it done.

A buddy of mine said he has watched NU throughout the year and finally watched a complete game (Iowa) and said that Riley instilled no leadership on the sidelines. Walked around looking beat, no emotion, wasn't engaging the kids at all.....

I'm stumped on the whole thing. Which is why I wish we had details about Eichorst's decision. Who else was a candidate? Was there another candidate?

This is all just a bad nightmare. I'm convinced.

Solich couldn't recruit, Callahan couldn't develop, Pelini divided the fan base, and Riley is career .500 Mr. Rodgers....

I'm convinced the next guy after Riley is going to be the one. Whenever it is. It's clear that Riley won't win here, and those who think he's going to deliver are truly (intentionally or unintentionally) blind.

I'm stumped on the whole thing. Which is why I wish we had details about Eichorst's decision. Who else was a candidate? Was there another candidate?

Solich couldn't recruit, Callahan couldn't develop, Pelini divided the fan base, and Riley is career .500 Mr. Rodgers....

I'm convinced the next guy after Riley is going to be the one. Whenever it is. It's clear that Riley won't win here, and those who think he's going to deliver are truly (intentionally or unintentionally) blind.

Bolded is false.

Callahan inherited more and higher picks than Bo inherited. A more accurate statement would be that a handful of assistants fell down on the job (with a couple being on the ROAD program). That '03 staff could definitely recruit, though.

Still boils my blood that we destroyed 30 years of history and success because of one man's ego.

Ha ha! Yeah, Cardale Jones was just your run of the mill third stringer. /sarcasm

I doubt if there has been another college football team with a better 3rd team QB in the last twenty years.

Cardale says hello from the bench this year via Tim Beck.

Cardele Jones had a higher completion percentage and more TDs this year.

He has one more TD this year despite playing in 7 more games. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

His completion percentage is up slightly but his yards per attempt is well down, TD/INT is down, QB rating and QBR are both down.

• Fire 1

Cardele Jones had a higher completion percentage and more TDs this year.

He has one more TD this year despite playing in 7 more games. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

His completion percentage is up slightly but his yards per attempt is well down, TD/INT is down, QB rating and QBR are both down.

His stats say he's played in 10 games, I thought.

But yes, he has many more attempts this year.

Of course last year he was less of a known commodity and the team got hot there at the end in general.

Bolded is false.

Callahan inherited more and higher picks than Bo inherited. A more accurate statement would be that a handful of assistants fell down on the job (with a couple being on the ROAD program). That '03 staff could definitely recruit, though.

Still boils my blood that we destroyed 30 years of history and success because of one man's ego.

Do not forget Harvey gave the nod to letting Frank go. Yes, Frank was a good recruiter and I never believe what Pederson said about that. Always remember, people trying to cover their a$$e$ blame the lame duck in the room. I never did like Pederson or his egos.

Isn't Houston's QB like a converted WR? In the games I've watched he looked 5 times better then any QB we have. To me that's due to a good offensive scheme which put the QB into situations to have success and teaching good fundamentals. Herman is a good coach. Maybe he stays at Houston a couple of more seasons and is available to fill a vacancy at DONU. Tough looking back at what might have been.

You're mad because you think you know better than Eichorst and others.

I guess I will entertain you.

However, I guarantee that I pay more attention to the college football around the nation more so than that effing guy. Not that it matters, he's the AD and I'm not. I would just like to understand his process in the search and why he picked Mike Riley over the other good candidates out there.

How on God's green earth does Mike Riley get on a short list of candidates? Forget the well respected in the coaching realm. I bought in at the beginning and I'm still about 4% hopeful for the program to be successful and that all hinges on POB. That's it.

I've seen a lot of speculation about this coach or that coach that was bypassed in order to bring in Riley. Do you have any hard facts or knowledge of top notch coaches that would have come here? Not who you wanted, but known, quality coaches that confirmed they would have come here if offered. I highly doubt that Herman, or any of the other "almost saviors" would have signed on at Nebraska. Face it, Mike Riley might have been the best option we had. We deal with him for 3 or 4 years and mediocre seasons, put ourselves into a real "gotta rebuild a great program" scenario where the specter of firing a consistent 9 win coach has been tempered by those 3 or 4 mediocre years....then maybe the downside of taking this job goes away. Seriously...do you know for sure any coaches that were bypassed, that would have absolutely come here?