It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

Well ... this is ONE possible explanation...

https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/676907953828532225

Do you think apathy is another? Hard to believe there isn't at least 7000 Nebraska fans in Cali that could get there logistically. Could be the want to that is lacking.

Fans can buy tickets cheaper on the open market, there will be plenty more than 2700 but traveling over Christmas will hold down the crowd.

I live about an hour from Levi Stadium and see tickets on StubHub for about $25. They'll get cheaper the closer it gets to kick-off, but the 49ers ownership which runs Levis are still gonna stick you $45 for parking a half mile away on the fairway of a golf course.

I was just telling my kids how a sunny 25 degree day in Nebraska feels warmer than a moist 50 degree day in The Bay Area.

Dress accordingly.

I also used to live four blocks from the Anchor Steam Brewery. That's a fun tour.

But my plan is to crash the Wives Lunch on the 24th.

We are still talking about it, long drive up day after Christmas. We have a new (to us) little roadster that is aching to be driven. May go up early Saturday, spend Sunday in the area, and drive the coast back on Monday. Close to a 1100 miles doing that.

Will see what the weather is forecasted to be. Not into driving in rain the whole way.

Wife is in the 5-7 don't deserve a bowl group. I am they need our support. We will see who wins out.

• Fire 1

We are still talking about it, long drive up day after Christmas. We have a new (to us) little roadster that is aching to be driven. May go up early Saturday, spend Sunday in the area, and drive the coast back on Monday. Close to a 1100 miles doing that.

Will see what the weather is forecasted to be. Not into driving in rain the whole way.

Wife is in the 5-7 don't deserve a bowl group. I am they need our support. We will see who wins out.

I'm solidly in the football season is too short and they don't come to California often enough camp...

Why to watch: Come on: The final minute of any Nebraska game is much-watch TV this season.

Who to watch: Josh Rosen cooled off a bit down the stretch, but he was still one of the country's best freshman quarterbacks. He completed 59.5 percent of his passes for 3,351 yards with 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Motivation for UCLA: The Bruins can win at least nine games for the fourth straight season and win their third consecutive bowl game under coach Jim Mora.

Motivation for Nebraska: The Cornhuskers have to beat the Bruins to avoid losing eight games in a season for the first time since going 1-9 in 1957.

Prediction: UCLA 41, Nebraska 21

ESPN

Would 41-21 be a blowout?

Hard to say. 41-21 certainly felt like a blowout in 2013 when UCLA had 38 unanswered points against a Nebraska team that simply gave up.

Then again, we were told the 30-13 loss to South Carolina in the Capitol One Bowl in 2011 and the 45-31 loss to Georgia there the next year were moral victories, proving Nebraska could hang for almost three quarters with an SEC team.

My prediction?

You won't be happy.

Would 41-21 be a blowout?

Hard to say. 41-21 certainly felt like a blowout in 2013 when UCLA had 38 unanswered points against a Nebraska team that simply gave up.

Then again, we were told the 30-13 loss to South Carolina in the Capitol One Bowl in 2011 and the 45-31 loss to Georgia there the next year were moral victories, proving Nebraska could hang for almost three quarters with an SEC team.

My prediction?

You won't be happy.

I've been feeling a little blue lately. Could you send me a PM and tell me what would make me happy? TIA

• Fire 1