It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

It seems that UCLA hasn't been playing great football the last few games. Of course, we have had our terrible stretches this year too but this team won't have motivation, and frankly isn't good enough to beat us by that many points. They have a few blowouts on their schedule against some good teams and also a bad blowout to USC. We are playing good football right now and that needs to continue because it would feel terrible to lose three straight games to the Bruins in the last 4 years.

Evidently you deserve to go to a bowl if your invited.

I am not excited about (the team) playing UCLA. I would have loved to have seen Utah or Oregon as stated before. But UCLA, if we can beat them, will give us a boost in California recruiting. This is Riley's main area of knowledge it would seem. A loss, well we were supposed to lose. It is a win win situation as far as I see it. The kids get a small vacation, get some junk, we get to see them play again, and they get an extra spring practice. You have to agree they need it at least.

I doubt there is a single person happy about the season, but not seeing how really close this team is to being good is what amazes me.

I watched the last few years, and knew every single tough game we were going to lose, most likely get blown out, embarrassed on National TV. I never felt that way this year, not once. Did no always think we would win, but felt we played well. I know Purdue, but they played a lot of teams close this year. Parity is coming, getting very close. Kids can accomplish a lot that we don't think they can, see Texas knocking off two ranked teams this year

If the weather goes as usual, there will be some Nebraskans leaving wondering how it was so cold in California. It is not the temperature, it is the humidity and the wind.

I live at altitude, we see low double digit regularly in the winter, seldom below, a good bit of snow. Being on or near the coast is a totally different cold. We are just trying to prepare those that come. Of course it could be down right beautiful, NorCal is like a box of chocolates I guess.

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?

I don't know if Santa Clara is the same as frisco, but if it is...ignore the temperature. That place is the coldest place on the planet. I was there one year in the middle of summer and in the middle of the day and nearly froze my azz off. Bring a jacket.

“The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”

The coolest thing Mark Twain never said.

http://www.anchorbrewing.com/blog/the-coldest-winter-i-ever-spent-was-a-summer-in-san-francisco-say-what-says-who/

• Fire 1

Since when has it been anything about ''DESERVING'' to be in a Bowl?

For Most of your (and the current players) lives, there's been so many bowl games, it's pertineer a Participation trophy / great way to get in more practice time...Especially since the Playoff thing for everybody but 4 teams.

I'm much more excited for my old school to play UCLA than who I'd figured we'd ''have to settle for'' Akron?..Still not sure I really want to Leave the freezing Desert here in Phoenix to go to an even COLDER place to watch one of our ''lesser'' teams, but I don't have any plans yet for Christmas...My teenage Husker Fan still hasn't been to one of our games yet...

As bad as our ''Luck'' has been this season, I still think we will beat the Bruins..

The only real danger to our ''Reputation'' is if our fans don't represent like we're known for..

Literally...GO !!! Big Red!!

• Fire 1

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?

I don't know if Santa Clara is the same as frisco, but if it is...ignore the temperature. That place is the coldest place on the planet. I was there one year in the middle of summer and in the middle of the day and nearly froze my azz off. Bring a jacket.

No need to worry about the weather. Worst case is its rainy and in the mid 50s at kickoff. I live a few miles from Levi's and will be going to the game. It's where the San Francisco 49ers play but the actual stadium is a solid 40-50 miles south of SF itself. It might get cold and dip to the low 40s but that wouldn't be until the end of the game. You don't get the stiff breeze and fog like you always do in SF... That being said, if you're making the trip I highly suggest staying in SF and taking the train or getting a hotel nearby just for the game. South Bay is a great place but it doesn't come close to the touristy spots SF has.

You never know with Bay Area weather, it was 72 on Christmas Day just 2 years ago.

So, looking at ESPN early predictions and it says

"Foster Farms Bowl: UCLA vs. Nebraska

(Dec. 26, 9:15 p.m., ESPN)

This game is a major mismatch for the second consecutive year, as Josh Rosen and the Bruins will dissect Nebraska's defense and send the Huskers to 5-8 in Mike Riley's first season. UCLA 45, Nebraska 24"

So, I am glad we get the bowl as we need to continue to get better. Really tough opponent and one we have played recently over the years. With a Pac-12 tie-in, I would have liked to have seen us match up against Arizona St., Arizona, or Cal to get a new Pac-12 team to go against since we have recently played Washington, UCLA, USC and will be playing Oregon soon. That being said we have to make the most of the situation and get ready for a game in which we will be a major dog. I live in SoCal so hear a lot about USC and UCLA. I have come to like USC's program more with the tradition and history. Mora was OK at first but I have come to not like the guy. I have friends that are big UCLA fans (I will say their fan base is usually pretty cool) but lately I have not liked the team led by Mora. Watch him on the sidelines...the guy is one of the worst in college football always cussing somebody out. Will be a contrast in coaches and hope Mr. Nice Guy wins this one!

I was hoping for an opponent we can actually beat. I don't trust that these coaches can actually come up with a game plan to beat UCLA. They have a very good QB and we have Turnover Tommy. That coupled with the fact that these coaches still believe that we have Aaron Rodgers and will air it out to the tune of 50 plays while keeping Jano, Ozigbo, and the rest of our running backs hidden and tucked away, I already see the outcome. Of course, I will be cheering on my huskers and will travel to support them knowing that these coaches are clowns that will never turn things around. However, it never hurts to hope for miracles.

• Fire 3

I was hoping for an opponent we can actually beat. I don't trust that these coaches can actually come up with a game plan to beat UCLA. They have a very good QB and we have Turnover Tommy. That coupled with the fact that these coaches still believe that we have Aaron Rodgers and will air it out to the tune of 50 plays while keeping Jano, Ozigbo, and the rest of our running backs hidden and tucked away, I already see the outcome. Of course, I will be cheering on my huskers and will travel to support them knowing that these coaches are clowns that will never turn things around. However, it never hurts to hope for miracles.

I actually LIKE this coaching staff's chances against a halfway decent PAC team...As opposed to them getting the team up for Akron...Imagine the sheer joy of losing to a MAC team...''Not that there's anything wrong with that''.

Would be a nice way to end the season, if we can win it. Should have beat them at their house a few years ago. Took the family to that one. Watson thought that a 3rd and one, and a 4th and one should be a pass play instead of a Cross run. Sound familiar. Anyway good luck to the Big Red. Time to beat those guys again.

GBR!!!