It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

Can't wait to play the Bruins. They've beat the piss out of Pelini's teams. Let's see how Riley fares.

I like it. We had them beat twice and we let them beat us. Time for payback, revenge or whatever else you want to call it. They are a good team. 6-7 looks much better than 5-8. Plus, it's good for the team. They've busted their collective butts for each other and the fans. A victory would be great way to send the seniors off. Also another chance to let Jano get some touches in his last game as a Husker.

As you said, see how Riley matches up with a familiar foe.

• Fire 5

If true, would be a good indication that the perception of our team's strength does not match our record.

That, or they wanted to lock up our historically good-travelling fanbase.

Either way, I love the bowl and opponent as compared to cold Detroit or Air Force. A lower-profile opponent is a no-win situation for national perception IMO.

Exactly what UCLA is thinking.

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

• Fire 6

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?

The problem is we wanted to get a bowl we could reasonably travel to as this one will be outrageously expensive (too much so I predict). Air fare alone will end up being $450 plus and $250 a night for a motel room. Ticket $45 or more if you don't buy from the ticket office. $75 or more there probably. I am guessing a group travel deal for around $750 plus per person. Most fans are not so electrically charged about the Huskers these days to want to drop $2000 for a couple to go to California again. Now, true many have not been the San Fran so that could be interesting in itself but I would bet the cost to hand out in Frisco is $500 a night. And, then to play UCLA again. We've played them about half a dozen tiimes in the last decade or less time. A good school and good 'name' opponent that will be plenty talented (likely more talent than we have overall because they have 100 D1 recruits within 15 minutes every year. Still, I think if the team goes, it will be helpful for Riley to get a few guys to visit the game that he has recruited on the coast from Ore State days. Maybe this year it turns out to be a blessing as he picks up a couple linemen or a LB.

Nothing but upside/opportunity here for us. For all the negative comments about having to play UCLA again ... think about how much it would suck to play a bad, 5-7 Husker team you've beat up the last few times you played them.

We didn't deserve a bowl and get to play a much better team with a better record, a chance to give them some payback ... and in a good recruiting area against a great QB. I would love to play someone we hadn't played in a while as well but dang ... with how bad this season went I can't believe how many folks think we deserve more/better.

Ya, I know ... you are the greatest fans on earth. Geez.

If true, would be a good indication that the perception of our team's strength does not match our record.

That, or they wanted to lock up our historically good-travelling fanbase.

Either way, I love the bowl and opponent as compared to cold Detroit or Air Force. A lower-profile opponent is a no-win situation for national perception IMO.

It's the Pac 12 #4 vs. Big 10 #7. Why they mismatch conferences that much, I don't know, but it's got little to do with perception of us. We are 9th in the B1G, and with MSU in the playoffs, we are B1G #8. So we got bumped one spot, assuming this is true. I'm guessing they've put Indiana in the closer QuickLane Bowl in Detroit. Hadn't heard if other matchups have been leaked or announced.

Holiday bowl is Pac #3 vs B1G #6 also.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-conference-tie-ins