It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?
Mid 40's to mid 50's after sunset, but it feels a lot colder due to the moisture in the air.

Edit: reading that back I hear my dad's voice in my head "Oh bite me! It's 19 degrees here!"

I had a friend who lived in the Bay Area and she said SF cold is a weird damp cold-you don't get warmed up for a long time.

NorCal has been getting a lot of rain and snow so far this year. Most likely be warmer if it is raining, than the miserable fog, that just soaks through you with the wind. Bring warm, waterproof outer wear. You most likely will be glad you did. The coldest I have ever felt was at Seal Beach, Edison generating plant on the ocean. could not work, I was shaking so bad.

As someone stated, you do get used to the warmer weather. When I first moved here I wore shorts year around, that ended about 5 years ago.

We are getting better than we deserve as far as a competitor is concerned.

Still have not decided whether to drive up Saturday morning or not. Long drive, most likely cold night. Will spend Sunday and drive the coastal drive back on Monday if we go.

Sorry, no tailgate this time.

• Fire 2

It has nothing to do with pity or participation. The conference gets X number or slots. They take who or what ever makes the cut. Not enough 6-6 teams, they take the next team. Money is all it is about. They could care less who plays as long as they put butts in the seats.

I really do not think we could turn the bowl down if we wanted to. 2.2 million bucks added to the giant income they are getting for Iowa, Michigan State and Ohio State. .

Imagine how UCLA players and fans feel about this game. They do deserve better and get stuck with a loser 5-7 team is the way they are looking at it I am sure.

But it seems to me, that most that are really against this are the anti Riley group. How unexpected.

We played a playoff team very close, I really don't consider it a win either, but we were in the game, and got a lucky break. The last several years it would have been a blow out loss. The way I see it, it is improvement. We lost 7 games by less than Wisconsin normally beat us. Or close to it. lol

• Fire 4

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?
Mid 40's to mid 50's after sunset, but it feels a lot colder due to the moisture in the air.

Edit: reading that back I hear my dad's voice in my head "Oh bite me! It's 19 degrees here!"

Thats perfect football weather to play in. And reasonably nice for fans too.

Ha, if you're lucky like me he will just end up a Husker fan all by himself. I have two sons...both adults now, both California born and bred and SOMEHOW they both ended up as Husker fans. I don't know how it happened...it couldn't have been my influence :sarcasm

I got my tickets for the game. I was not thrilled to see UCLA as the opponent. Not because they are "so good", but living in So Cal, I have just seen the Huskers play UCLA more than I've seen them play any other team. But I have never been to Levi and I dig going to different stadiums to check them out, so I am happy that the game is driving distance (about 5-6 hours give-or-take) and at a new venue.

• Fire 1

how chili is chili?

I don't know if Santa Clara is the same as frisco, but if it is...ignore the temperature. That place is the coldest place on the planet. I was there one year in the middle of summer and in the middle of the day and nearly froze my azz off. Bring a jacket.

• Fire 1

how chili is chili?

LOL, as I said to someone else above, the temperature is irrelevant. That place is the coldest place on earth. The cold air cuts right through you. I've been in Minnesota in the winter, we have a mountain cabin and it snows...I've experienced cold, but nothing is as cold as frisco. It's other-worldly. That's what convinced me that no-cal is not actually part of California.

If true, would be a good indication that the perception of our team's strength does not match our record.

That, or they wanted to lock up our historically good-travelling fanbase.

Either way, I love the bowl and opponent as compared to cold Detroit or Air Force. A lower-profile opponent is a no-win situation for national perception IMO.

Exactly what UCLA is thinking.

We now have the advantage Washington had on us back in 2010. We're the ones psyched to be there and they are the ones in a disappointing bowl against a disappointing opponent.

Being the more motivated team makes a difference.

Bundle up matey, where the bowl is not a warm place this time of year. LOL Remember it is located in the Northern part of California, get that wind off the ocean and bay, cold balls! San Francisco - Bay area with Oakland across the bay and Alameda. Stationed at Alameda, Calf for a few months 1982 to 1983 before departing on a world cruise. They have a tunnel system under the bay from San Francisco to Oakland and vise versa - get a chance experience that ride. Plenty to do around San Francisco for sure - I am not sure if the trolley is still running, it had been a lot of years, changes happen. Anyone going to the game, safe trip and wish I could go!