Riley Presser - 12/7

Mavric

Why would anyone want to end the season with a loss just to get young guys playing time? Win the bowl game against a quality opponent and that momentum can carry over to next year. Plus it's not fair to the seniors on the team.

Totally agree...

And as lame as it sounds, no Husker fan wants that 5-8 stench attached to the season. Losing this game and starting next year 2-2 would mean the Skers would be brutal.

• Fire 1

If I'm a senior and I'm told that I wouldn't be playing because the coaches want to play next year's players I wouldn't even practice with the team. If I've earned my playing time then they can earn theirs. One game, or one half as some have mentioned, is not going to make that much of a difference in development.

It's a ball game. Play it to win it or don't play it at all.

It is not the 60 minutes that matters but the 13 practices that could be used to get young players ready for next year. I don't think you go "youth movement" at all position, but you got to give the young OL players, who have not received one game snap and minimal chances in the #1 group at practice, a chance. We losing 3 of our starting 5. You think our OL was a s***show this year, what do you expect next year?

Play to win means to have a champion's mentality. As a HC, that mentality that needs to include foresight.

You think our OL was a s***show this year, what do you expect next year?

And that's not going to change until the philosophy our HC and OC have re: not subbing in Offensive Linemen during the game changes.

Not only does subbing in O-Linemen help prevent gaps in knowledge and provide meaningful snaps to hone their skills on, it provides a valuable evaluation tool to help coaches figure out who needs to go where. Yes, you can evaluate in practice...but there's something to be said about having game film against other teams to help evaluate your players.

When you have few meaningful snaps and few minutes of game film to help evaluate who should be your starters on the O-Line for next year, how do you know as a coach that the starters you've selected are the best choice that could be made? You end up taking it on blind faith (to a significant degree) that it will work...and if it doesn't work, you've set yourself back during the course of a season and wasted efforts.

Is winning this one game really the best priority to have right now? Why not use it as an early Spring practice and open some positions up to develop in 2016?

Does anyone really care if we win the 'Foster Farms Bowl'? No.

Use this time to get some of next years players on the field in a game situation. Yeah the seniors should get to play at least half the game, but this bowl game frankly doesn't matter enough to care about winning it. We should be focusing on how we can get some play time in for guys who hopefully won't go 5-7 next year.

Hell ya people care. It counts on the record and it gives us a potential win against a name opponent. A win puts a positive spin on a disappointing season, something to hang our hat on that gives us momentum going into the homestretch of recruiting. Another loss isn't huge but it does twist the knife in a little farther. These players have battled every week. They haven't always played very well but they've battled. IMO they deserve to go out with a win.