GT: Nebraska at Creighton - 7PM CT - CBS Sports Network

Every time Shields does not get the calls his way, he stops hustling and playing defense. Plus, every time we play in Omaha the officiating stinks. These guys have no idea what a moving pick or traveling is.

Ha! Come on man...McDonkey owns Timmy Miles (away from being a good coach)...it is not the refs.

I agree, but the officiating was not good! We lost the game because of the lack of scoring from our starters: Benny, Ty & Shavon! Creighton is not even close to Miami or Cincinnati, this was our worse shooting game and we were wide open.

I think you might want to get used to that shooting...

I think the worst game of the year will be NU at the Illini...the final score might be like a 4th grade girls game...10-4

We lost cause we didn't play any D for the game except for the last 3 mins of the first 1/2. Every 3 the jays took was wide open.

Oh god...Doug was not the best player in college basketball his last two year...no way no how

I hate Creighton more than the devil himself, but he was. He is a below average pro, but he was the best college basketball player.

No, he wasn't. He wouldn't have even started at Kentucky or North Carolina that season. He would have been the 8th or 9th best player at Kentucky.

Couple things:

1. The MilesUpped/MilesHigh club is getting smaller

2. Miles gets T's because he has played up the nice/funny guy bit so much that when he "gets mad" it seems so out of the norm that he gets T'ed...

3. I will say it again...Miles had a 3 week hot run and since then and before that run it has been a joke

4. Nebraska will still smoke my Illini...god I hate that I like them.

Although I continue to believe Miles is the right guy, this 0-12 streak against McDermott is telling.

It is also telling that we cannot seem to summon the energy to even BEGIN a game ready to play in a rivalry (one-sided, to be sure) match-up like this.

Miles deserves some criticism, but where were our SENIORS?

Shields and Benny with arguably their worst performances at the very time we need senior leadership.

Baffling, but unfortunately predictable.

Hopes:

Huskers 100

Creighton 0

That's from the last time in Omaha except you have the scores turned around

IIRC, both Nebraska and Creighton made the NCAA tournament that year, so even if that happens I think both of us would be okay with it should the same end result hold.

I think both teams are a year away. If Nebraska is going to get a win this would have to be the year. Because next year Creighton is going to be taking a big step forward with two studs they have redshirting this year and not really losing anyone from this year's team.

Funny you say that. I see NU winning 3 of the next 4 with the guys that we have just added......

Still feel that way??

Oh god...Doug was not the best player in college basketball his last two year...no way no how

I hate Creighton more than the devil himself, but he was. He is a below average pro, but he was the best college basketball player.

No, he wasn't. He wouldn't have even started at Kentucky or North Carolina that season. He would have been the 8th or 9th best player at Kentucky.

Now you're just talking silly. The dude was a beast at the college level and would have easily started for either team.

Hopes:

Huskers 100

Creighton 0

IIRC, both Nebraska and Creighton made the NCAA tournament that year, so even if that happens I think both of us would be okay with it should the same end result hold.

I think both teams are a year away. If Nebraska is going to get a win this would have to be the year. Because next year Creighton is going to be taking a big step forward with two studs they have redshirting this year and not really losing anyone from this year's team.

Funny you say that. I see NU winning 3 of the next 4 with the guys that we have just added......

Still feel that way??

That's funny you ask that - get back to me the morning after their next meeting and I can give you a solid answer - but to answer your question I still think i'm 50/50 good on my statement.

Hopes:

Huskers 100

Creighton 0

Still feel that way??

That's funny you ask that - get back to me the morning after their next meeting and I can give you a solid answer - but to answer your question I still think i'm 50/50 good on my statement.

Miles will never beat McDermott...He gets outcoached every time and it's fairly evident

Hopes:

Huskers 100

Creighton 0

Still feel that way??

Miles will never beat McDermott...He gets outcoached every time and it's fairly evident

It sure looks that way...

3. I will say it again...Miles had a 3 week hot run and since then and before that run it has been a joke

So he's basically two great/fortunate/lucky transfers (Petteway and White) from being an abject failure....

Kinda!

Petteway was doing nothing and then it all clicked for him.

White was a legit HS player so getting him was lucky since a player like that doesn't sniff NU out of HS...

But, if Miles had not had that hot run...his pants might be on fire right now.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say a Miles coached team will NEVER beat a McDermott coached team. GMD is a great coach, but I think he's caught Nebraska at the right time if not this year then at least the past two years.

2013-Creighton was regarded as one of the better teams in the nation with one of the best players in the country while Nebraska was still trying to find its rhythm (which it eventually did later in the season). Would've been interesting if NU would've beaten Baylor in the NCAA tournament.

2014-I believe Nebraska was fresh off a loss to Incarnate Word of all teams. I can't remember where Creighton was at, but it's a major shake to the confidence when you can't even beat Incarnate Word.

This year mightve been the most evenly matched teams in terms of talent and chemistry, and Creighton won handily. There were a few big shots that Nebraska missed that Creighton made and you have to wonder how different the game would've been had thpse shots fallen differently. NU played well for spurts but couldn't sustain success like Creighton did, so credit to them. Hope these two teams can meet later in the season.

• Fire 1

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say a Miles coached team will NEVER beat a McDermott coached team. GMD is a great coach, but I think he's caught Nebraska at the right time if not this year then at least the past two years.

2013-Creighton was regarded as one of the better teams in the nation with one of the best players in the country while Nebraska was still trying to find its rhythm (which it eventually did later in the season). Would've been interesting if NU would've beaten Baylor in the NCAA tournament.

2014-I believe Nebraska was fresh off a loss to Incarnate Word of all teams. I can't remember where Creighton was at, but it's a major shake to the confidence when you can't even beat Incarnate Word.

This year mightve been the most evenly matched teams in terms of talent and chemistry, and Creighton won handily. There were a few big shots that Nebraska missed that Creighton made and you have to wonder how different the game would've been had thpse shots fallen differently. NU played well for spurts but couldn't sustain success like Creighton did, so credit to them. Hope these two teams can meet later in the season.

This is pretty spot on. ^^^^

Even McDermott said this Creighton team needed a win last night more than any other team he has had. And, they showed up with the attitude and drilled it. Again, unfortunately, Nebraska did not.

It's got to be mostly mental now. Creighton expects to win and they shot the ball expecting it to go in.

Nebraska was tentative and acted like it had little confidence in making shots.

Have to wait another year now, but Miles needs to get his teams to play with a lot more confidence.