Defensive Line

Go look at Hughes' history recruiting. its laughable. Dude needs to go.

Also, anyone that has been coaching for 35 years and has never been anything more than a D-line coach sans a 2 year co-defensive coordinator role, probably lacks ambition. Must have the personality of a wall.

Also, anyone that has been coaching for 35 years and has never been anything more than a D-line coach sans a 2 year co-defensive coordinator role, probably lacks ambition. Must have the personality of a wall.

What level do you coach at....

What level do you coach at....

Probably the same as you. Seeing as this is a message board, 95 percent of the posters are not involved in coaching and are just fans who want to see this team do well. If I was bashing a coach who had success this year or in general, I could see your comment having some merit. But since you are probably some division one coach, lets hear your actual insight. And next time use a question mark, those periods make you look like a junior high girl texting her bff.

• Fire 1

Personally, if Hank Hughes misses on all his targets this cycle he shouldn't return. Hell I could have coached two NFL caliber DTs. Sure as hell didn't do much with the DEs.

Not defending his recruiting, but he had nothing to work with at DE. A guy 30lbs overweight, 2 walkons, and a rs freshman. And a couple of them were hurt for multiple weeks as well.

Damn Milt Tenopir and George Darlington for not having ambition to be a coordinator and content at being a position coach for 30 years.

Damn Milt Tenopir and George Darlington for not having ambition to be a coordinator and content at being a position coach for 30 years.

The thing is, Tenopir had consistent success. If you want to compare Hughes to him, go for it. I shouldn't have said something so irrational, my apologies. If you think the recruiting and on the field success is sufficient, then good for you. Hughes is on par with milt Tenopir

You can sweet talk a recruit all you want but if his heart isn't for the place, he won't come. I haven't read one OOS DL recruit say that he was in love with Nebraska. Sure, there have been a few within the 500 mile radius that have visited but none of them have come out and said that they really like it here. I just think this year is an anomaly for us with DL recruiting.

Im also not worried about this year so much but next year is a different story. We will definitely need some DL in that class.

The thing is, Tenopir had consistent success. If you want to compare Hughes to him, go for it. I shouldn't have said something so irrational, my apologies. If you think the recruiting and on the field success is sufficient, then good for you. Hughes is on par with milt Tenopir

I am not comparing recruiting or on field success, just pointing out how idiotic it was to say that HH "lacks ambition" and has the "personality of a wall" because he has been a position coach most of his career.

I don't think anyone is pleased with the DL recruiting this year, but to personally attack a coach over it seems a bit over the top imo.

• Fire 1