If you go by average player rankings

1 - Nebraska - 19 commits - .869

2 - Minnesota - 19 commits - .849

3 - Wisconsin - 26 commits - .847

4 - Northwestern - 20 commits - .845

5 - Iowa - 24 commits - .841

6 - Illinois - 21 commits - .819

7 - Purdue - 16 commits - .806

Step 1 - Get the best players in your division (looks to be happening)

Step 2 - Coach the players up to their full potential (to be determined)

Will you be updating those numbers to reflect this on a regular basis?

quote = " We are never going to be able to out recruit Ohio St or Michigan just due to their location"

No offense but as long as you have that attitude you're not going to get very far. It's just another excuse. Elite recruiters don't make excuses.

Don't believe our "elite" recruiters have stated this excuse.

However, it is an opinion of one of our posters and a more then fair opinion at this point. If NU were to get back to finishing in the top 10 standings yearly and finishing in the playoffs on a 1 of 3 year basis then i'm guessing the opinions of our posters would be that we can compete with MU and OSU for top recruits.

In January 2016 finishing 3rd/4th is solid - in future years we can hope/expect better !!!

Actually until this year Michigan state has had similar recruiting classes to ours and have won CCG.

That is true but as you saw I think that was an anomaly, looking at there bowl play. If you consistently recruit 3-4 in leaque you are generally going to finish there

MSU's records since 2010

11-2

11-3

7-6

13-1

11-2

12-2

Over that time they have had bowl wins over Georgia, TCU, Stanford, and Baylor.

quote = " We are never going to be able to out recruit Ohio St or Michigan just due to their location"

No offense but as long as you have that attitude you're not going to get very far. It's just another excuse. Elite recruiters don't make excuses.

Ohio St and Michigan are a lot closer to good talent than us. They can get that talent on campus easier. That alone makes their recruiting easier than Nebraska.

Ohio St and Michigan are going to consistently get top 10 classes for the foreseeable future. If we can finish 3rd behind them that would put us yearly in the top 15. From what you have pounded us over the head with in the last week, you need top 15 classes.

Actually until this year Michigan state has had similar recruiting classes to ours and have won CCG.

That is true but as you saw I think that was an anomaly, looking at there bowl play. If you consistently recruit 3-4 in leaque you are generally going to finish there

MSU's records since 2010

11-2

11-3

7-6

13-1

11-2

12-2

I think that also shows how weak that Big Ten has been...Michigan was kind of down...PSU has been down...OSU is loaded...NU has been down (Ironically beating MSU a lot)

MSU's records since 2010

11-2

11-3

7-6

13-1

11-2

12-2

I think that also shows how weak that Big Ten has been...Michigan was kind of down...PSU has been down...OSU is loaded...NU has been down (Ironically beating MSU a lot)

That doesn't explain the bowl wins.

MSU's records since 2010

Recruiting class rank

11-2 21

11-3 32

7-6 33

13-1 35

11-2 25

12-2 22

Added MSU recruiting class rank per 247.

• Fire 1

However, it is an opinion of one of our posters and a more then fair opinion at this point. If NU were to get back to finishing in the top 10 standings yearly and finishing in the playoffs on a 1 of 3 year basis then i'm guessing the opinions of our posters would be that we can compete with MU and OSU for top recruits.

In January 2016 finishing 3rd/4th is solid - in future years we can hope/expect better !!!

Oh, I agree 100%. All I'm saying is, when we return to the Top 10 (and notice I say when, not if) people won't be using it as an excuse, so why use it now? Heck, Callahan sucked as a HC, but even He landed Top 10 classes.

Depends on what changes between now and then. If all of a sudden we get summer official visits along with paying for parents travel and that allows us to get kids on campus and sell them on what we have here and that in turn gets us a top 10 class.

Well....then complaining about it now and not complaining about it then are both valid.

• Fire 1

Oh, I agree 100%. All I'm saying is, when we return to the Top 10 (and notice I say when, not if) people won't be using it as an excuse, so why use it now? Heck, Callahan sucked as a HC, but even He landed Top 10 classes.

Callahan landed one top 10 class that was propped up by having 30 players, including 12 jucos.

• Fire 4

Callahan landed one top 10 class that was propped up by having 30 players, including 12 jucos.

Well there's your formula then. :D

Just found something interesting.

Iowa has 24 commits so I would assume they are pretty much full.

They have zero 4* players and have an average player rating of .8410 and are ranked 43rd in the nation.

They only have one player rated higher than the average for our class and that's barely. (that won't be the case after NSD)

I guess the good year last year didn't translate into a really good recruiting class.

Just found something interesting.

Iowa has 24 commits so I would assume they are pretty much full.

They have zero 4* players and have an average player rating of .8410 and are ranked 43rd in the nation.

They only have one player rated higher than the average for our class and that's barely.

I guess the good year last year didn't translate into a really good recruiting class.

Did you know Fant is their highest rated player?