Current Ranking 2016 Class

Who do you guys use as your most reliable recruiting site of rankings? I tend to always use Rivals. Not sure why?

based off Rivals I see us finishing anywhere from 19-24. I will be happy with a top 20 class. In fact, a top 20 class after everything Nebraska has gone through this past season would be enough to get me excited.

Who do you guys use as your most reliable recruiting site of rankings? I tend to always use Rivals. Not sure why?

based off Rivals I see us finishing anywhere from 19-24. I will be happy with a top 20 class. In fact, a top 20 class after everything Nebraska has gone through this past season would be enough to get me excited.

247 - they're kind of running the game right now as they have the ability to display an average of the four main recruiting sites and (I feel) better represent classes on a composite level.

• Fire 1

247 composite is the only place I look. Each site has their own biases and quirks. The composite combines them all together to hopefully take some of that out.

• Fire 2

Interesting tweet I saw from last night, read something like this:

Once all is said and done, there will be little wiggle room between 15-25 ranked recruiting classes.

There never is.

Right now on 247 composite, the average player rating is:

15th team = .8753

25th team = .8718

Those teams have anywhere from 17 to 22 players.

There is no way in hell anyone is going to convince me that the 15th rated class is head and shoulders better than the 25th rated class.

Once all is said and done, there will be little wiggle room between 15-25 ranked recruiting classes.

There never is.

15th team = .8753

25th team = .8718

There is no way in hell anyone is going to convince me that the 15th rated class is head and shoulders better than the 25th rated class.

Wasn't aware of that. That's a good sign then if we can get into that group.

I still believe that with this coaching staff in place and recruiting classes in the top 25 we will be back in the top 10 within the next 3 years.

This staff is going to develop kids.

There never is.

15th team = .8753

25th team = .8718

Solid info. I think once you're in the range then you'd probably strive to be the team with more recruits factored into that average. 22 recruits of that quality vs 17 recruits of that quality = better team depth for the team with 22. Of course there are roster limits (kind of).

So I just calculated an average score for the final team scores 2011-2015 on the 247 composite. This is what I got:

rank 10: 267

rank 15: 252

rank 20: 240

rank 25: 228

rank 30: 213

you can use the class calculator on 247 to get a projected final class score based on adding or subtracting recruits. Then compare it against my averages above will give you a rough idea of where we might end up. of course the scores for each rank fluctuate every year, but if you are bored give it a try.