Current Ranking 2016 Class

The matter is simple. At the beginning of the recruiting year, I was told how Riley would finish with a Top 15 class due to all of these new resources he's never had before. When I questioned his recruiting abilities, I was told that I was in the "minority" and to be quiet. As the recruiting period progressed and we hit a slump, once again I questioned things and was told that everything was "fine" and that an Top 15-20 finish was imminent. I made the statement that I felt we'd finish closer to 40 than 15, and was told there was no way that would happen. So now, here we are, close to NSD. Am I wrong for being upset that everything I was told has not been true to this point? Sure I hope we finish strong and finish Top 20. Do I think it'll happen? No. Will I be happy with Top 25? No. That's what Bo did during his tenure and it got us nowhere. So unless we get extremely lucky and have an amazing year with the talent we've recruited (highly unlikely), then the excuse will continue to be that we won't get a top class until we win. And we won't win, because we won't have the level of recruits we need. And the vicious cycle repeats itself, as it has for several years now, and that's why I keep saying that it was dumb to let Orgeron get away from us, and that we need a big-name coach/recruiter to right this ship and not Mike Riley. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I said the same thing during Bo's tenure and people dogged me, and look what happened, and how people feel about Bo now. Riley's going to be no different.

FLU

• Fire 4

LOL -- I like how you two "friends" get together to try to gang up. Funny how my per-post rating is average is higher than both of yours, though, and higher than that of huskerhill as well...

Tell me this: do the two of you go ghost-hunting together? :lol:

The matter is simple. At the beginning of the recruiting year, I was told how Riley would finish with a Top 15 class due to all of these new resources he's never had before. When I questioned his recruiting abilities, I was told that I was in the "minority" and to be quiet. As the recruiting period progressed and we hit a slump, once again I questioned things and was told that everything was "fine" and that an Top 15-20 finish was imminent. I made the statement that I felt we'd finish closer to 40 than 15, and was told there was no way that would happen. So now, here we are, close to NSD. Am I wrong for being upset that everything I was told has not been true to this point? Sure I hope we finish strong and finish Top 20. Do I think it'll happen? No. Will I be happy with Top 25? No. That's what Bo did during his tenure and it got us nowhere. So unless we get extremely lucky and have an amazing year with the talent we've recruited (highly unlikely), then the excuse will continue to be that we won't get a top class until we win. And we won't win, because we won't have the level of recruits we need. And the vicious cycle repeats itself, as it has for several years now, and that's why I keep saying that it was dumb to let Orgeron get away from us, and that we need a big-name coach/recruiter to right this ship and not Mike Riley. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I said the same thing during Bo's tenure and people dogged me, and look what happened, and how people feel about Bo now. Riley's going to be no different.

FLU

Re-f'ing-tweet.

Man, you're on the internet arguing about "per-post rating" compared to other anonymous people while you derail productive conversation.

You're right, the fact that you've never even been warned is a complete travesty. I know the mods have been watching you, the fact that nothing has been done is disappointing. You've literally swooped in and sh#t on everything recruiting a week from signing day.

• Fire 1

Actually, I do, considering I live in BR (where he coached previously) and when he was hired at Bama it was a HUGE ordeal here and it was well-documented what a huge job it would be to get Bama back on track.

Care to try again?

You are so full of sh#t!!!

He took over a team that had plenty of talent. 12 players that played on the '07 team got drafted.

Here are some names on that '07 team you might have heard of:

John Parker Wilson

Greg McElroy

Roy Upchurch

Glen Coffee

Marquis Maze

Andre Smith

Rolando McClain

Javier Arenas

He returned a total of 18 starters from the '06 team (9 offense, 5 defense and 4 special teams).

• Fire 2

Actually, I do, considering I live in BR (where he coached previously) and when he was hired at Bama it was a HUGE ordeal here and it was well-documented what a huge job it would be to get Bama back on track.

Care to try again?

He took over a team that had plenty of talent. 12 players that played on the '07 team got drafted.

John Parker Wilson

Greg McElroy

Roy Upchurch

Glen Coffee

Marquis Maze

Andre Smith

Rolando McClain

Javier Arenas

He returned a total of 18 starters from the '06 team (9 offense, 5 defense and 4 special teams).

Yup.

Also, recruiting rankings:

2006: #11

2005: #18

2004: #24

Obviously Saban turned them around and won championships, but quit making things up.

• Fire 2

Care to try again?

John Parker Wilson

Greg McElroy

Roy Upchurch

Glen Coffee

Marquis Maze

Andre Smith

Rolando McClain

Javier Arenas

Care to try again?

John Parker Wilson

Greg McElroy

Roy Upchurch

Glen Coffee

Marquis Maze

Andre Smith

Rolando McClain

Javier Arenas

Yup.

Also, recruiting rankings:

2006: #11

2005: #18

2004: #24

Obviously Saban turned them around and won championships, but quit making things up.

Quit bringing up facts to discredit GOAT. Oh......wait........continue. My bad. Delta, delta, delta. Can i help ya, help ya, help ya.

So....let me get this straight.

Nebraska talent sucks because we don't have top 15 classes.

Alabama was in despair when Saban took over even though their recruiting classes were better than we have had.

You are promised something on a football message board and now you are going to make everyone's life miserable because you aren't getting the right toys for Christmas.

• Fire 2

I stand corrected regarding the Saban situation.

At least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

I'm not changing my stance on the Orgeron situation, though.

I apologize for clogging up this thread; I am just very frustrated with our lack of success in recruiting on recent years, and I don't see any signs of it improving. I don't see how anyone can be excited or satisfied with a 25-35 type class.

• Fire 1

Better late than never, like you.

And I didn't make a "dozen" posts about Alabama; I made two. Learn how to f***ing count.

Not talking just about the Bama posts, 90% of your posts have been the same recycled crap anout the staff not recruiting well, the staff shouldn't have been hired, you would have hired this guy, the SEC blah blah, etc.
  • Fire 2