5-7

okaive

If we were invited to go to the bowl game, then we deserved it, pure and simple. It might not meet some people's criteria, but those people don't set the bowl game schedules and participants. If that changes, so be it. Until then, if some one calls with an invite, that invite is deserved. IMO

I could not disagree more. After this season, Nebraska doesn't deserve anything except a long offseason. That said, they do have one more game to play.

How would you feel if UCLA runs our team out of Santa Clara like a Wisconsin beatdown? Would the extra practices make it worthwhile?

Has any team not named Turdue done that to this team? I mean, even Wisconsin needed 2 game winning FG tries. Good grief man, enjoy the Holidays and a little football on a Saturday night.

You didn't watch the 2012 B1G Championship, I guess. or their RB hanging an NCAA record for yards in a game on us. I have had a great holiday break and will absolutely watch the game. But that doesn't mean I have to bury my head in the sand and claim that the team deserves to be playing...I don't and I won't, and neither do they. At this point, tonight's game is a gut check. I think they are playing for pride and pride only. Do they have what it takes to play a game and win...when there is nothing on the line and no more games tomorrow? When all they have is the motivation not to engrave the record books with a level of suck rarely seen. That's it. Major suck or minor suck, pick one. GBR

If we were invited to go to the bowl game, then we deserved it, pure and simple. It might not meet some people's criteria, but those people don't set the bowl game schedules and participants. If that changes, so be it. Until then, if some one calls with an invite, that invite is deserved. IMO

I could not disagree more. After this season, Nebraska doesn't deserve anything except a long offseason. That said, they do have one more game to play.

And if you were in charge of bowl games, which you are not, then Nebraska would not deserve to go. But there ARE 40 bowl games, and the DID get invited (they didn't invite themselves), so for this year, for this bowl game, in the minds of those that make the decisions, the Big Red unquestionably deserved this invite.

I don't see what the problem is. One more chance to watch the team we love. Outside of ucla and Nebraska nobody cares about this game, but that's how it is with virtually every bowl game. Like I stated earlier if you don't want to watch then dont. The problem is win or lose you same guys will be here bitching about it. Get over yourself and cheer for the big red or go away.

• Fire 1

They have nothing to play for!!!!! What a load of crap. They play for the University, the state, the people of the state, their parents, families, the pride of Nebraska..

You guys and your stinking we have to win every game to be good. We have had a bad season, some expected, some didn't, but if these kids have nothing to play for, they are not the kids we need here.

My guess each and everyone of them will give everything they have, they are competitors, obviously a lot on this board have never been in that position.

Whining bunch of I hate Riley arse exits.

they deserve fans who cheer for them not fans that piss and moan at every turn about how bad the team sucks.

• Fire 1

5-7 bowl teams are here to stay so long as two-thirds of all teams make bowl games. I say just get the 20 team playoffs going and let anyone outside of those 20 teams just play an unregulated postseason exhibition game if they feel like it. The money from a 20 team playoff would dwarf the bowl system's revenue and be far more exciting for all fans.

How would you feel if UCLA runs our team out of Santa Clara like a Wisconsin beatdown? Would the extra practices make it worthwhile?

Yes. It gets us closer to change.

No it doesn't. 2015 has already been chalked up as a loss and one more loss in a meaningless bowl game doesn't change anything. Riley will be around through at least 2017 barring something crazy like an 0-12 record in 2016.

Yes. It gets us closer to change.

No it doesn't. 2015 has already been chalked up as a loss and one more loss in a meaningless bowl game doesn't change anything. Riley will be around through at least 2017 barring something crazy like an 0-12 record in 2016.

It absolutely does. If we get embarrassed is not like we will forget about it next year. Look at bo. People kept a running count of his books outs. Plus the one thing Riley has done has been competitive even in big games.

I don't want Riley fired....right now at least

Way too much whining lately. No one is ever happy with anything. Yeah it was a crappy season in many ways. But we have the chance to get some extra practices and close the season with a quality win. Plus we play the game on national television in front of a prime time audience. What's not to like about that? So relax, enjoy the football game, and for God's sake, stop with the whining. Life is too short to worry so much about such petty stuff.

• Fire 3