Langsdorf on Patrick O'Brien

Mavric

To me is sounds more like they are trying to prep the fans that if we decided to start POB then don't expect us to win a bunch of games while he figure out things his first year. If they think the skills are even 70% near what TA's are I'd guess we'll see POB in games as a back up early and have a good chance to see him as a starter by B10 play so we can develop for the 2017 season which will be the year the MR is on the chopping block. It think last year and this coming year were designed to be throw away years based on the things that our AD has said to Boosters. He's told them all year that the team was doing bad because they were too heavily influenced by the last staff and that next year could be much worse because the plan is to have a freshman QB to develop so MR can install his system. I hope we give the POB kid a year and TA can improve and we crank out a 8+ win season. I think that would help settle the fan base down some. And honestly I think next year as much hinges on if Ben McAdoo gets the job as the Giants head coach. If that happens there is a higher than likely chance Danny L goes back as the OC for them which sets back the offense some or at least stalls is.

Is it bad that I hope this happens. I would really like to see a OC who wants to run more of a Stanford style offense. Sorry, but I put a lot of this year on Langsdorf. We were told all offseason that they would try to marry the skillsets & playbook of the last staffs to what they want to move to. If they think they did that last year, then we are in a lot more trouble this coming season.

• Fire 2

To me is sounds more like they are trying to prep the fans that if we decided to start POB then don't expect us to win a bunch of games while he figure out things his first year. If they think the skills are even 70% near what TA's are I'd guess we'll see POB in games as a back up early and have a good chance to see him as a starter by B10 play so we can develop for the 2017 season which will be the year the MR is on the chopping block. It think last year and this coming year were designed to be throw away years based on the things that our AD has said to Boosters. He's told them all year that the team was doing bad because they were too heavily influenced by the last staff and that next year could be much worse because the plan is to have a freshman QB to develop so MR can install his system. I hope we give the POB kid a year and TA can improve and we crank out a 8+ win season. I think that would help settle the fan base down some. And honestly I think next year as much hinges on if Ben McAdoo gets the job as the Giants head coach. If that happens there is a higher than likely chance Danny L goes back as the OC for them which sets back the offense some or at least stalls is.

Is it bad that I hope this happens. I would really like to see a OC who wants to run more of a Stanford style offense. Sorry, but I put a lot of this year on Langsdorf. We were told all offseason that they would try to marry the skillsets & playbook of the last staffs to what they want to move to. If they think they did that last year, then we are in a lot more trouble this coming season.

I had a horrible dream last night that he did leave and we brought in Lane Kiffen as the OC and head coach in waiting for 2017.

Anyone that thinks POB will start or play games next season due to TA playing poorly is crazy. If TA goes down then MAYBY just MAYBE but i wont hold my breath. They didnt play running backs that appeared better then what we had until the last game. I dont see POB playing a down next season.

It depends on what their stance is when it comes to QB's needing to pass block.

Seems to me Langs is just stating the obvious.

1. QB is a hard position to learn quickly, cause you have to know so much and it is much more complex than high school. Which is why future saviors like Stanton, Green, Duke, etc, wash out so frequently.

2. If a miracle happens and he is better as a freshman than Armstrong is, of course we'll play him.

Seems pretty logical to me.

Also, no 7 is not enough. They don't have to improve that much to win 9 or 10.

And, please no. Not a new coordinator.

I had a horrible dream last night that he did leave and we brought in Lane Kiffen as the OC and head coach in waiting for 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TvJy2Ot48M

This should make you feel better

Seems to me Langs is just stating the obvious.

1. QB is a hard position to learn quickly, cause you have to know so much and it is much more complex than high school. Which is why future saviors like Stanton, Green, Duke, etc, wash out so frequently.

2. If a miracle happens and he is better as a freshman than Armstrong is, of course we'll play him.

Seems pretty logical to me.

Also, no 7 is not enough. They don't have to improve that much to win 9 or 10.

And, please no. Not a new coordinator.

Sure enough, he is stating the obvious. From my perspective, the issue of debate is that some people do not believe that it would be a miracle for a true freshman to be better than a three year starter (even a three year starter who needs to improve, a lot).