Family fuels POB's rise through recruiting ranks

NUance

Perfect Match: Family fuels Patrick O'Brien's rise through recruiting ranks

By Sam McKewon / World-Herald Bureau POSTED: SUNDAY, JANUARY 17, 2016 12:05 AM

<snip>

His dad, Paul O’Brien, calls him “off-the-charts competitive.” And his mom says you don’t have to tell him to work hard.
“He knows,” said Anna O’Brien, a former Swedish national volleyball player whom all agree is the biggest source of her son’s fire, who’d drive Patrick to sessions with Calhoun and run laps while Patrick threw reps. “He’s not afraid of work. He’s been working his butt off all the time.

I think the last QB recruit I was this stoked about was Blaine Gabbert. And we all remember how *that* ended. :lol:

• Fire 1

<snip>

His dad, Paul OBrien, calls him off-the-charts competitive. And his mom says you dont have to tell him to work hard.

He knows, said Anna OBrien, a former Swedish national volleyball player whom all agree is the biggest source of her sons fire, whod drive Patrick to sessions with Calhoun and run laps while Patrick threw reps. Hes not afraid of work. Hes been working his butt off all the time.

LINK

I think the last QB recruit I was this stoked about was Blaine Gabbert. And we all remember how *that* ended. :lol:

Gabbert never made it to campus. POB is here.

But I get what you're saying.

<snip>

His dad, Paul O’Brien, calls him “off-the-charts competitive.” And his mom says you don’t have to tell him to work hard.
“He knows,” said Anna O’Brien, a former Swedish national volleyball player whom all agree is the biggest source of her son’s fire, who’d drive Patrick to sessions with Calhoun and run laps while Patrick threw reps. “He’s not afraid of work. He’s been working his butt off all the time.

I think Bubba Starling was on campus for a couple weeks before he left for the Royals.

As a starting QB in the NFL?

Bazinga!

Ha ha! Yeah, I always was a fan of Gabbert. He had a great talent set. Good at getting the ball to the open receiver.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what POB does under Danny Langsdorf. Especially considering the WRs that we have to throw to. :thumbs: