Quarterback Development

BRV920

I'd take Beck over Langsdorf any day. For a QB genius he sure did a sh**ty job with Armstrong.

Curious why you like the man who almost single handedly changed OSU's offensive machine to one that often was hit or miss. While Riley and Langs had to install a new system and get their QB to function in it? Tommy has no blame for his own sometimes poor performances?

I'd take Beck over Langsdorf any day. For a QB genius he sure did a sh**ty job with Armstrong.

Curious why you like the man who almost single handedly changed OSU's offensive machine to one that often was hit or miss. While Riley and Langs had to install a new system and get their QB to function in it? Tommy has no blame for his own sometimes poor performances?

It's the path of least resistance. It's easier to be bitter and doubtful.... No one wants to be hopeful and focus on the growth anymore clearly

It's pretty well known by now, or at least I thought it was, that TA wasn't taking direction for Langsdorf very well. He was channeling his inner Farve(who he spent time with last summer) instead and tried to be a gun slinger. Once he finally decided he f'd up, after the regular season, and admitted it he looked different in the Bowl game. Once he decided to finally listen to Langsdorf for the bowl game weren't as many crazy passes, better game management, used his legs more instead of trying to force throws. So, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Don't blame TA being selfish on Langsdorf.

• Fire 1

You have your version of what happened and I have mine. Maybe Langsdorf actually figured out how to call a game that was tailored to Tommy's strengths. The numbers back up my version.

What numbers? His stats were pretty comparable from last year to this year.

Take Abdullah away from Beck in 2015.... Yeah, imagine that dumpster fire.

So Beck doesn't get credit for any degree of Ameer's success?

I mean, how much do you want to give him? How hard is it to call a play where the QB turns and hands it to one of the best RBS in program history. Does he deserve some credit? Of course he does. But, Ameer was a magician. How often did he make a couple guys miss in the backfield? How many cuts did he make that few backs can? Ameer saved that team, more specifically the offense, from being a train wreck last year. Imo, Langsdorf is a much better OC then Beck. Just look at the improvement of guys like Moore, Carter, and Jano... The emergence of guys like Reilly. The evidence is there.

• Fire 1