Eichorst: Building Football Program is "a Process"

Mavric

I highly doubt if Eichorst meant that "being in" games with Illinois and Purdue are the expectations of Nebraska. However, "being in" games with the best teams and having a chance to win those games is and we were also in those. In fact....we did beat the conference champ.

If he didn't mean it then perhaps he shouldn't have said it.

He is looking for any bright spot he can find. We lost to FRIGGIN PURDUE people. LET THAT SINK IN AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... To be honest we were getting blown out by Purdue......

• Fire 5

I highly doubt if Eichorst meant that "being in" games with Illinois and Purdue are the expectations of Nebraska. However, "being in" games with the best teams and having a chance to win those games is and we were also in those. In fact....we did beat the conference champ.

He is looking for any bright spot he can find. We lost to FRIGGIN PURDUE people. LET THAT SINK IN AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... To be honest we were getting blown out by Purdue......

Oh...wait a minute....wait....wait.......OK...it sunk in.........

Shewwwww.........glad I let that sink in.

Now it's time for me to freak out ?????

:ahhhhhhhh

Let me know when I can stop freaking out about losing to Purdue.....this is getting tiring.....not sure if I can keep it up.

• Fire 2

i think that loss to purdue was the "come to Jesus moment" that the team needed. there is no doubt that the Huskers played much better football after that game. maybe something finally "sunk in" for them all.

Can't say I agree with Eichorst here:

We were in every ballgame with a chance to win every ballgame, which I think is the standard here.

You may not like the statement, but what he said is true. Of the seven losses that we had the only game I feel they wern't in was Purdue. Whether anyone likes that or not is there opinion. The BYU, Miami, Illinois, Wisconsin, NW, and Iowa games all came down to the wire and Nebraska could have won them. The fact that NU didn't win them sucks, but his statement isn't false.

• Fire 1

We were in every ballgame with a chance to win every ballgame, which I think is the standard here.

If I were in charge, that statement alone would have gotten him fired. A .500 career coach with an AD that likes a "chance to win every game"........clown doesn't even begin to describe him.

The Nebraska football program is not in good hands.

Nothing will change until we have accountability.

• Fire 1

You may not like the statement, but what he said is true. Of the seven losses that we had the only game I feel they wern't in was Purdue. Whether anyone likes that or not is there opinion. The BYU, Miami, Illinois, Wisconsin, NW, and Iowa games all came down to the wire and Nebraska could have won them. The fact that NU didn't win them sucks, but his statement isn't false.

NU will never get back to the point where the team is competing for conference championships on an annual basis until there aren't 7 games that can go down to the wire. The truly dominant programs have 2 or 3 "close games" a year. Close games can turn on a single play or even luck. Riley was probably unlucky to go 1-6 in "close games" this past year, but it would be nearly impossible to go 6-1 or 7-0 in those "close games". In order for NU to be dominant, the coaches can't be happy with close games. The coaches need to demand 8 or 9 ass-whippings, and then 3 or 4 close games.

• Fire 2

NU "shouldn't be in the ballgame" with teams like Illinois, BYU, Purdue, and even Northwestern. NU should be getting enough talent and coaching so that those are no contests in the 4th quarter and not coming down to the last minutes.

This times infinity

NU "shouldn't be in the ballgame" with teams like Illinois, BYU, Purdue, and even Northwestern. NU should be getting enough talent and coaching so that those are no contests in the 4th quarter and not coming down to the last minutes.

This times infinity

It's not like Bo was beating the brakes off Northwestern or Minny

This times infinity

However, Bo was beating the brakes off numerous teams each year to get to 9 wins. I am not arguing that Bo should have been retained because he wasn't doing enough to get to NU to a championship level.

I am saying that Riley can't be content with 4 or 5 blowout wins and being close (to win or loss) in the rest of the 7-8 games, and say "darn, we lost a few close games this year, that's why we didn't win the division/conference".

Nobody said it was false. Good Lord.

The issue people have is that it is a narrow, contextual, and trite summation.

Much like defending Bo by saying, "he always won at least 9 games". That statement is also true, huh?

"I like our football team."

OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE EICHORST SAY HE LIKES THE FOOTBALL TEAM?

Yeah! I think he's hinting at some homo-erotic fantasies. That makes sense now that I think about it.

Totally agree. Can't believe he'd say that on record and reveal that he fantasizes about boys in football pads.

It's been obvious public knowledge for years around here that Eichorst likes boys. Where have you guys been?

Nah you guys are overreacting. All he meant was that he actually likes losers more than he likes winners. What a joke. We'll never be good under him.

I can't believe the audacity to claim that you like a team that sucks so bad honestly.

Agreed. Eichorst is a joke. If you like losing then go to a bad school!

If he loves losing so much then maybe he should get on the field and lose instead of in his fancy luxury box.

What a joke.

• Fire 2

It to

This times infinity

However, Bo was beating the brakes off numerous teams each year to get to 9 wins. I am not arguing that Bo should have been retained because he wasn't doing enough to get to NU to a championship level.

I am saying that Riley can't be content with 4 or 5 blowout wins and being close (to win or loss) in the rest of the 7-8 games, and say "darn, we lost a few close games this year, that's why we didn't win the division/conference".

I would say Bo's teams were much closer to going 5-7 than 11-2 the last couple seasons. There were some pretty unfortunate situations this year that caused the record (BYU hail mary, Tommy out vs Purdue, Tommy's 3rd down throw vs Illinois) All things that are easily fixable.

For the WE ARE NEBRAKSA WE SHOULD BEAT EVERY TEAM BY 60 people. You guys need to wake up and see that's not happening with anyone anymore. Ohio State with MUCH more talent than Nebraska was skimming by all season with close games. It's a different game than it was 20 years ago it's time you join 2016

This times infinity

I would have liked Bo's teams to beat NW and MN more handily as well. But then again NW and MN are better teams than the perennial powerhouses Illinois and Purdue.

What excuses do you have for them? Even with consideration of TA's play/non-play, those two games were lost primarily due to coaching