Huskers in NFL Draft 2016

Atbone95

The Nebraska DL were beasts against the run last season, but the same guys could rarely make a QB in the pocket break a sweat. That may be an issue.

Do DTs in the NFL normally do that? (I really don't know)

Well they know if the play is a pass play within a second, and often before the ball is even snapped, at which point the DTs are all about getting pressure on the QB. The DEs and blitzing linebackers may log more sacks, but the DTs need penetration to chase the QB, or simply prevent him from planting his feet.

You can always call your rushing play to go away from Ndamukong Suh, but you might have to double team him on a pass play, which creates an opening for the other linemen and any linebacker or DB you might want to blitz.

Last year Nebraska gave mediocre QBs way too much time to plant their feet and watch the routes develop. I don't remember if Collins was constantly getting double-teamed or just wasn't as effective creating pressure.

Collins was double and triple teamed at times last year, because teams had no fear of NU's D-ends. There were plenty of times where Collins got pressure on the QB last year, and I don't get the narrative that he didn't play very good. I think too many people expected him to be like Suh, when that's not fair. There has been only one Suh in the history of NU's program.

Hmmm ever heard of Rich Glover! prob before your time

I loved Glover. He was the hart of the greatest defense of all time. I still think Suh was slightly better.

I am so happy for VV. There were so many fans on this board saying he was making a big mistake by leaving NU early. Hopefully this will shut them up for a while.

Forever, I would hope.

A few posters did recognize that he could go in the 3rd.

Quite of pair of DTs right there.

It was so lame when these fans were bashing these 2 young men for making decisions that they felt was best for them. Congrats to these 2 Huskers.
  • Fire 1

I'll admit I thought Valentine was a 4th or 5th rounder at best. So big congrats to big Vince for going in the 3rd. Hopefully, he'll put in the work and have a great career in New England.

NE is a great fit for VV. They love big bodies to play the middle in their 3-4. I just hope VV can stay healthy and enjoy a decent career.

I'll admit I thought Valentine was a 4th or 5th rounder at best. So big congrats to big Vince for going in the 3rd. Hopefully, he'll put in the work and have a great career in New England.

NE is a great fit for VV. They love big bodies to play the middle in their 3-4. I just hope VV can stay healthy and enjoy a decent career.

One of the better teams he could be on.

I am so happy for VV. There were so many fans on this board saying he was making a big mistake by leaving NU early. Hopefully this will shut them up for a while.

Good lord. We questioned his decision and doc t think he would get drafted or drafted very low.

Good for him.

Get over yourself. You act like you have accomplished something here.