SI: What did each Big Ten team learn in 2015?

Wow. I can see why they went with that -- they were really lazy and looked up some stats.

If anything, NU learned the opposite. They had a heck of a time trying to get a reliable ground game going and when they did down the stretch, it was via Imani. The emergent runner in the bowl game was Devine Ozigbo.

With a highly regarded incoming recruit praised for his pass blocking skills, Newby has a fight on his hands to get PT. He's very fast and a solid receiver, but has to become a more decisive runner. More likely he's part of a 3-man rotation.

• Fire 3

This is a disappointing off-season filler article from SI. Anybody who watched Husker football this season knows Terrell Newby had an inconsistent season, sometimes completely disappearing from the field and that was without considering the injury. The stats, taken at face value, don't really tell the whole Newby story.

Like last year, he has potential, but he has got to find a way to rid himself of those games and drives where he is a complete non-factor.

Newby is #2, or at best, a co-#1 this year.

Newby is best utilized on stretch running plays to the boundaries I think, and Ozigbo seems to be more of a downhill, between-the-tackles type of RB.

Can't see why we wouldn't have them as Co-#1, as long as Ozigbo picks up pass protection and the playcalling is tailored to suit the RBs in the huddle.

Here is what I learned: the new staff likes to throw at inappropriate times, dont know where the game clock is located, and all need to start over and take a class which would be called "What it takes to be Champions 101, taught by Tom Osborne, Charlie McBride, Turner Gill. Before you jump on me about Turner hold out YOUR hand and count the NC rings on your fingers, then ask to see his.

Secondly, the team was not 5 plays away from 11 wins any more than I was 5 numbers from the Powerball. They earned the appropriate number of wins. Because they were new, opposing coaches could not prepare as well for us which helped, but this was offset by our own mediocre (average) coaching staff abilities. Next year, teams will have a better idea of our defense, I dont particularly see the championship qualities in our head coach which would provide any special motivation or leadership. However the team will catch on to new concepts and " gel" in year 2. So it's a wash. Nebraska will win 6-7 games next year and maybe 8 in 2017. Given how the NCAA is ruining the game experience I may not even be watching.

Here is what I learned: the new staff likes to throw at inappropriate times, dont know where the game clock is located, and all need to start over and take a class which would be called "What it takes to be Champions 101, taught by Tom Osborne, Charlie McBride, Turner Gill. Before you jump on me about Turner hold out YOUR hand and count the NC rings on your fingers, then ask to see his.

Secondly, the team was not 5 plays away from 11 wins any more than I was 5 numbers from the Powerball. They earned the appropriate number of wins. Because they were new, opposing coaches could not prepare as well for us which helped, but this was offset by our own mediocre (average) coaching staff abilities. Next year, teams will have a better idea of our defense, I dont particularly see the championship qualities in our head coach which would provide any special motivation or leadership. However the team will catch on to new concepts and " gel" in year 2. So it's a wash. Nebraska will win 6-7 games next year and maybe 8 in 2017. Given how the NCAA is ruining the game experience I may not even be watching.

Well aren't you just a sparkling ray of sunshine.
  • Fire 4

Given how the NCAA is ruining the game experience I may not even be watching.

Do us all a favor and make good on your promise. I can play the good old days were better too. You wanna guess what Devaney would have said about your post? Probably something with quite a few obscenities and a ticket to Kansas. And before you criticize him look at YOUR hand, how many MNC rings?