JUCO DT Isaiah Johnson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, the HELP WANTED: DEFENSIVE TACKLES!! signs need to be posted all over the country. With the Huskers losing our top 4 in the span of 3 months, we have a gaping wide opening for about 4 of the nation's best. We fill this need with guys who want to be playing in about 5 months from now and this team will be ready to make a strong run in the fall. Couple JUCOs if possible and the two best high school seniors out there. Reconnect with each recruit, commited elsewhere already or not is my suggestion. Very sad to lose McMullen but it shows the academic strength of the program as well. Scholarships are not just about football - they are about getting a great education and getting a head start on life thereafter!

K Williams was not in our top 4, K Maurice is better. Still, I get your point. Glad to see some interest for DT finally!

Sounds like IJ has some decisions to make. Even if he commits we wouldn't get his services till the 2017 season at the earliest if I'm reading correctly. Our young guns will have to grow up quickly this summer and Coach P will be earning his salary. I hope IP has a great soph season and gets here ready to learn and play.

Sounds like IJ has some decisions to make. Even if he commits we wouldn't get his services till the 2017 season at the earliest if I'm reading correctly. Our young guns will have to grow up quickly this summer and Coach P will be earning his salary. I hope IP has a great soph season and gets here ready to learn and play.

IJ is a 2017 signee so won't be eligible for any team until 2017. Not sure if he is on target to graduate JUCO early and be a JAN '17 enrollee or not, but would be ideal as a JUCO transfer to be able participate in 2017 Spring Ball.

Need to find a juco DT that graduates in May and can play this fall. But needs to be good enough to contribute or else not worth taking one just to take one. Or, could go 3-4.

If stay semi healthy I like our top 5. Was pleasantly surprised with Newell.
I agree they can get by with 5 scholly players to play 2 spots, plus add in additional depth provided by walkon transfer Logan Rath. Not ideal though. I think the staff will take a quality JUCO, and maybe 2, in the 2017 class regardless to ensure that they have at least 5 scholly players ready to play in 2017 after Maurice graduates, hopefully allowing them to redshirt any incoming FR DTs in this class.
  • Fire 1

Need to find a juco DT that graduates in May and can play this fall. But needs to be good enough to contribute or else not worth taking one just to take one. Or, could go 3-4.

I agree they can get by with 5 scholly players to play 2 spots, plus add in additional depth provided by walkon transfer Logan Rath. Not ideal though. I think the staff will take a quality JUCO, and maybe 2, in the 2017 class regardless to ensure that they have at least 5 scholly players ready to play in 2017 after Maurice graduates, hopefully allowing them to redshirt any incoming FR DTs in this class.
I agree. Also, I think JUCO was the plan prior to the loss of all the seniors, so losing two now doesn't change that. In a perfect world, I think they find a JUCO DT who is a spring or summer grad or graduate transfer and could still take a JUCO next year since we missed on any targets at DT in 2016.

I agree. Also, I think JUCO was the plan prior to the loss of all the seniors, so losing two now doesn't change that. In a perfect world, I think they find a JUCO DT who is a spring or summer grad or graduate transfer and could still take a JUCO next year since we missed on any targets at DT in 2016.
IF they can find a JUCO in the 2016 cycle that will be a contributor then I would be all for it, problem is though that those players are few and far between this late in the year I would think. I would rather use the scholly for 2017 than stretch just to fill a hole.

Had ACL surgery four weeks ago. Says he's supposed to be cleared to play their first game.

I think we have to tell him that he needs to redshirt and come at semester time for us to take his commitment.

That is just too soon for a guy to come back for an ACL surgery to push it when he is playing for a scholarship. We need him 100% healthy when he gets here. Pushing to play early after ACL surgery isn't going to help guarantee that.