DT Trevor Trout [USC - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

HuskerBoard Predictor  

48 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Trout commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

This kid rotating with and playing next to Damion Daniels..... Good luck, B1G West. My number one target next year

If they could pull Calvin Avery too that'd be a heck of a line going forward. Avery from Daniels school and a 4 star. I'd put him below Trout, but either would be a huge addition along with who we just picked up. Go get 'em Parrella!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't know we were still talking to this kid much. Said our unofficial visit still stands out as his second favorite behind Mizzou. Planning on taking it all the way to signing day. I still think Avery > Trout if nothing else because Bishop Dunne seems to be a really good school to be pulling kids from year after year. I can't imagine they'd turn either down still but what do I know.

• Fire 1

Didn't know we were still talking to this kid much. Said our unofficial visit still stands out as his second favorite behind Mizzou. Planning on taking it all the way to signing day. I still think Avery > Trout if nothing else because Bishop Dunne seems to be a really good school to be pulling kids from year after year. I can't imagine they'd turn either down still but what do I know.

Trout waiting till NSD might help his chances as far as joining our class, we may have spots open up by then.

I'm wondering why our staff takes ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Players who will need a redshirt year to develop physically when they have high ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Players physically ready to play day one highly interested in NU.

Why take Masty Mapieu as early as they did when they knew he was so raw? In my opinion they should have slow played them and held out for bigger fish like Trout and Avery. I suppose I can see taking Wildeman since he has a rare body type and fits a hard to find prototype at DE, high football IQ, big motor, and is a high character kid. We need guys like him in our program. But Mapieu was interesting to me. I would not have a problem at all with the staff backing off of him if they feel Avery or Trout are high possibilities.

Many have said Mapieu has a lot of potential but that he is so raw he will need a few years in college to break down and rebuild his body, learn technique, get stronger, and increase his football IQ.

I just think he should have been a plan B player. If Nebraska really wants to get back to winning championships, we can't take developmental players as plan "A" guys. We have to get near immediate contributors in the system at more positions than WR and DB. Guys who can be ready and strong enough to play after a redshirt year.

True national championship teams sign the linemen who are physically and mentally able after their redshirt year, not guys who redshirt and then need to sit on the sidelines two more years to develop before they are able to keep up and play. We will never build depth that way.

One of our biggest issues has been how many developmental years our players need before they are able to see the field and keep up mentally/physically. We have a few players as outliers to that, but not near enough, and very few at positions of need.

if we could nab a Trevor Trout or a calvin Avery we would be getting players further along and closer to playing time than a Masry Mapieu who won't be ready for a few years.

• Mavric changed the title to DT Trevor Trout [USC - Signed LOI]