SIGNED - WR Tyjon Lindsey

HuskerBoard Predictor  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The question is would one be willing to RS? It's easy to just say it but some kids don't want to.

I agree with ADS here. Recruiting is a management and numbers game, too. Neglecting the need for a tall, big-bodied receiver is probably not the right way to go. I think some players, like Tyjon, you make room for regardless. I'm not sure Calvin falls in that category given his apparent uncertainty of purpose and fit. You want to give everyone an opportunity to succeed and sometimes overloading does a poor job of that.

Braylon Heard, Aaron Green, and Ameer Abdullah were all good backs to have for example and they all succeeded somewhere or other. But I would've been OK with saying OK, we need to use this spot on a lineman or a different kind of RB. Complementary football and all that.

DAT worked out with KWilliams in the summer and Tyjon was loving it - RT'ing the videos Keith posted of them together, RT'ing fans who said "Come work with the best like DAT does", etc. I'll take that before Tyjon wanting to ask DAT questions about a school he was at 3+ years ago and has an entirely new staff since he left.

That's the impression I was hoping for when posting about the tweet. Nothing more than speculation, but here's to hoping it benefits us in some way.

The question is would one be willing to RS? It's easy to just say it but some kids don't want to.

I agree with ADS here. Recruiting is a management and numbers game, too. Neglecting the need for a tall, big-bodied receiver is probably not the right way to go. I think some players, like Tyjon, you make room for regardless. I'm not sure Calvin falls in that category given his apparent uncertainty of purpose and fit. You want to give everyone an opportunity to succeed and sometimes overloading does a poor job of that.

Braylon Heard, Aaron Green, and Ameer Abdullah were all good backs to have for example and they all succeeded somewhere or other. But I would've been OK with saying OK, we need to use this spot on a lineman or a different kind of RB. Complementary football and all that.

If I remember correctly, then we wouldn't have had Ameer.

Take them both, Would make for a heck of a double reverse play.

Take them both if they are that damn good.

Red shirt one? Why? Again if they are as good as advertised I see them having no trouble moving up the depth chart of receivers in that picture that was posted around the bowl game.

The way our receivers rotate there will be playing time. Also they seem to be hurt or to tired to play another down after they make a catch so the sub has to come in anyway.

Take them both. ITS a WIN WIN situation.

Yeah, that's probably true, but I mean. Maybe AG or Braylon would have flourished at NU, too, and so would have the extra OT/DE/QB/whatever it was. If that was the '11 class, was it the year where we also had JT and Bubba, and ended up with zero QBs?

Of course, I have no regrets on Ameer at all. One of my favorite Huskers of all time, on and off the field. Just an argument spotlighting diminishing returns that can happen with overloading positions. It's hard to predict which guys will be the stars, but it's also important to balance out the team so that there's a good chance for stars or solid players to emerge in all the areas needed for a championship team to come together.

The way it worked out with Ameer, Braylon and AG was perfect. We got 3 really talented players at an important position on campus and within a year or two, it had sorted itself out to where we had the best one and the other two moved on to where they could be happy.

I personally think that both Braylon and AG would have been not happy and gone even if Ameer was here.

Yeah, that's probably true, but I mean. Maybe AG or Braylon would have flourished at NU, too, and so would have the extra OT/DE/QB/whatever it was. If that was the '11 class, was it the year where we also had JT and Bubba, and ended up with zero QBs?

Of course, I have no regrets on Ameer at all. One of my favorite Huskers of all time, on and off the field. Just an argument spotlighting diminishing returns that can happen with overloading positions. It's hard to predict which guys will be the stars, but it's also important to balance out the team so that there's a good chance for stars or solid players to emerge in all the areas needed for a championship team to come together.

AG showed he was pretty good at TCU. I'd still take Ameer any day but AG was no slouch.