Prince Amukamarah - A Jaguar now

Still getting used to the multisport focus of the sports talk shows down here in Phoenix, but it was a fun few days this week when they were all hyped up talking about having Prince possibly join the Cardinals (He was a Phoenix westside prep player I think). Too bad he signed with the Jags...I'd have enjoyed my first Cardinals game a lot more with Prince on the field. (PS..they did dog him several times about choosing to go to Nebraska, but admitted it worked out good for him.)

• Fire 2

Still getting used to the multisport focus of the sports talk shows down here in Phoenix, but it was a fun few days this week when they were all hyped up talking about having Prince possibly join the Cardinals (He was a Phoenix westside prep player I think). Too bad he signed with the Jags...I'd have enjoyed my first Cardinals game a lot more with Prince on the field. (PS..they did dog him several times about choosing to go to Nebraska, but admitted it worked out good for him.)

They're probably just butthurt ASU fans.

I don't follow the Jags closely at all (for obvious reasons) but I vaguely remember hearing they should have a pretty talented defensive line this upcoming season. Whether that's true or not, adding Amukamara on the back-end can only be helpful. If you want to win championships then you have to start with the defense.

Jaguars are in that bubbling-under category. They have enough talent to start making some noise.

Especially since there are so many flawed and mediocre teams in the NFL.

Does anyone remember a time when there were so few genuinely elite teams in the NFL?

As of this week even the defending Super Bowl champs don't even qualify.