Recruiting Bigs

Oregon is a decent team and I think without question the best Pac-12 team this past year but I would bet that Oregon doesn't look nearly as good playing outside of the Pac-12. They'd probably be middle of the pack in the B1G.

I'd rather be middle of the pack than bottom of the heap

Oregon is a decent team and I think without question the best Pac-12 team this past year but I would bet that Oregon doesn't look nearly as good playing outside of the Pac-12. They'd probably be middle of the pack in the B1G.

As would I. I won't argue they'd be better than us but I don't think it would be by as large of margin as people think watching them play in the Pac-12.

As would I. I won't argue they'd be better than us but I don't think it would be by as large of margin as people think watching them play in the Pac-12.

I think they would have won at least 12 or 13 conference games had they played Nebraska's Big Ten schedule. Maybe more with some upsets

I did not watch a lot of Oregon basketball this year. I did catch some of their last couple games in the tournament.

It sure seemed like they are were having very good success with players about the size we have on our roster right now. I don't remember any of their 6'9" or 6'10" kids getting much playing time when I was watching.

So, it is possible to have success without a dominant big guy. I hate saying that because I love watching a really good big guy play.

If we don't have anyone new come on board, it is going to be really interesting to see how the team changes their type of play to try to be successful.

Boucher from Oregon (6-10) averages 25 minutes a game and starts a lot to my knowledge. At 200 lbs though, he's not really a BIG guy. Pretty decent shooter actually. All these teams playing without traditional big guys are trying to emulate the GS Warriors. You don't HAVE to have a huge, hulking big man, but you need to have a forward that is big-ish and strong enough to guard a traditional big guy when it's called for. Nebraska doesn't seem to have either.

Find a guy like Draymond Green (6-7, 230) who isn't huge, but he's strong enough to battle inside and skilled enough to cause mismatches on offense.

... Do they grow Draymond Green's on trees now? Do you know how uncommon a player like him is? He's in the NBA and dominating with the Warriors for a reason.

The expectations here seem way too high. I don't care if the guy is 6' 9" or 7' 0" I don't care if he can hit a jump shot or dribble at all. All I want is a guy that doesn't let a back up on Northwestern look like an All-American. A big body that works hard, can play some decent defense, do some dirty work and rebound.

Someone like Zach Hanson at Creighton that Nebraska was recruiting hard. Nothing fancy, but can make a layup and can actually defend a post. That fact that we haven't even been able to land an average guy like that is the biggest issue IMO. The highly skilled 7 footers are so rare that is hard to have as an expectation.

• Fire 1

Are people actually arguing that a number 1 seed in the tournament that went to the elite 8 would have been just a little better than Nebraska in the Big Ten?

All I'm really saying is the b1g is a much better conference than the pac-12 and Its highly unlikely they're a 1 seed and as successful if they're in the b1g.

B1g top 6:

Indiana

Msu

Purdue

Maryland

Iowa

Wisky

Pac-12 top 6:

Oregon

Utah

Arizona

Cal

Colorado

Osu

Not exactly murderers row

I did not watch a lot of Oregon basketball this year. I did catch some of their last couple games in the tournament.

It sure seemed like they are were having very good success with players about the size we have on our roster right now. I don't remember any of their 6'9" or 6'10" kids getting much playing time when I was watching.

So, it is possible to have success without a dominant big guy. I hate saying that because I love watching a really good big guy play.

If we don't have anyone new come on board, it is going to be really interesting to see how the team changes their type of play to try to be successful.

Boucher from Oregon (6-10) averages 25 minutes a game and starts a lot to my knowledge. At 200 lbs though, he's not really a BIG guy. Pretty decent shooter actually. All these teams playing without traditional big guys are trying to emulate the GS Warriors. You don't HAVE to have a huge, hulking big man, but you need to have a forward that is big-ish and strong enough to guard a traditional big guy when it's called for. Nebraska doesn't seem to have either.

Find a guy like Draymond Green (6-7, 230) who isn't huge, but he's strong enough to battle inside and skilled enough to cause mismatches on offense.

... Do they grow Draymond Green's on trees now? Do you know how uncommon a player like him is? He's in the NBA and dominating with the Warriors for a reason.

Like Draymond =/= actual Draymond. A similar-type player LIKE Draymond. Does that work for you? Jesus

Are people actually arguing that a number 1 seed in the tournament that went to the elite 8 would have been just a little better than Nebraska in the Big Ten?

All I'm really saying is the b1g is a much better conference than the pac-12 and Its highly unlikely they're a 1 seed and as successful if they're in the b1g.

B1g top 6:

Indiana

Msu

Purdue

Maryland

Iowa

Wisky

Pac-12 top 6:

Oregon

Utah

Arizona

Cal

Colorado

Osu

I think the quality of their team was verified by getting to the Elite Eight beating St. Joes and Duke in the process.

B1g top 6:

Indiana

Msu

Purdue

Maryland

Iowa

Wisky

Pac-12 top 6:

Oregon

Utah

Arizona

Cal

Colorado

Osu

I think the quality of their team was verified by getting to the Elite Eight beating St. Joes and Duke in the process.

I disagree. They needed that run towards the end of the game to beat a decent St. Joes team and Duke is not normal Duke. IMO they are barely even a top 25 team this year.

What is our backup plan if we don't land Jordy Tshminga?

Do we have a plan B for a center?

I also think they want a transfer center if they can find one they feel is good enough. Problem is, the transfer from D1 to D1 has to sit out a year, which makes getting a high school senior absolutely essential so we have someone to play this season. If we start playing Jacobson and Morrow down there again we are going to get beat over and over down low.