WR Jalen Hall [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hall commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I mean i get it you don't want too many of 1 position group on campus at 1 time but man to push back a kid with the talent he has and the relationship with Crosswell...

Yeah, I guess I'm missing the advantage of turning away top prospects from probably your biggest recruiting weekend of the year.

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I guess I'm missing the advantage of turning away top prospects from probably your biggest recruiting weekend of the year.

Staff has done this a couple times now with guys. Who in their right mind thinks its okay to tell a kid like this to wait? I really don't understand it. You put in all the ground work with a kid like this and he's ready to visit and you say no. At a position you've been burned at the last 2 cycles and are currently playing walk ons at....

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think the answer is really obvious, whether or not it makes sense to folks is up to them. As the lead recruiter, you only have so much time to spread out on the croots that visit. That makes sense to me.

14 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

I think the answer is really obvious, whether or not it makes sense to folks is up to them. As the lead recruiter, you only have so much time to spread out on the croots that visit. That makes sense to me.

Eh, I think having them here when they wanted to come which happens to be the biggest recruiting weekend we're going to have this year >>>>>>>>>>>> splitting one coaches' time four ways instead of five.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I think having them here when they wanted to come which happens to be the biggest recruiting weekend we're going to have this year >>>>>>>>>>>> splitting one coaches' time four ways instead of five.

True, except KW doesn't have to spend a lot of time with Brown and Moore individually. He really is splitting time between Bush & Hightower. Moore & Brown get it and are helping peer recruit. So therefore, it's a little bit bigger deal when trying to recruit 3 WR than 2 WR. How much time does he actually have to spend with these guys? Not that much.

It might not be the right idea or approach, but I get it and it makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

You don't think it looks better for the two guys that our staff feel they may be in on if they don't invite a 3rd.  "hey we want you two guys and we want to show you the love"  or "hey we want you two guys but just in case we brought that guy over there......"  Time will tell - however, i will put my trust in the staff.  They seem to embrace recruiting and seem to continue to improve.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Do we know it was all the coaches pushing back his visit? Is it possible Jalen wanted to move his visit date or that the coaches let him know he'd get more personal attention on a later visit and Jalen opting for that instead?

According to 247 the staff capped it at 4 for this weekend and Hall wasn't one of them. 

From what I've gathered on that Florida board their coaches haven't exactly welcomed him on an OV either yet. 

• Plus1 1

Another thing to consider is we dont know the vibe the coaches are getting from recruits. He may be giving a vibe that he isnt all that interested and just wants to use the trip to hang out with other recruits. By pushing it back the staff can get a better feel of his intentions. The cap is just an easy excuse.

42 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Another thing to consider is we dont know the vibe the coaches are getting from recruits. He may be giving a vibe that he isnt all that interested and just wants to use the trip to hang out with other recruits. By pushing it back the staff can get a better feel of his intentions. The cap is just an easy excuse.

Well were letting TJ Pledger come, so why not him also?

• Mavric changed the title to WR Jalen Hall [Oregon - Signed LOI]