John Parrella

Yeah, he's a few years past his NFL days. But he sure looks bad assss for a forty something. Is he a good speaker? Good at explaining stuff? I'll bet he has a ton of insights about technique.

He's a phenomenal speaker. Kids love him, will love him. Kept talking indirectly about how bad the habits are of the defensive line. Just kept saying "we're getting better..." with a smile.

I believe him when he says it, but he also says he has really really good talent to work with, and they preach nastiness all the time. He said that's something they need to be better with.

He's a phenomenal speaker. Kids love him, will love him. Kept talking indirectly about how bad the habits are of the defensive line. Just kept saying "we're getting better..." with a smile.

I believe him when he says it, but he also says he has really really good talent to work with, and they preach nastiness all the time. He said that's something they need to be better with.

That mentality alone could win us two more games a season. So often we just look scared when the opposition has the ball late in the 4th. They should be scared that they are down, not coasting against a mellow defense.

This and this alone should be the cover letter of every packet we send to defensive line recruits.

Raiders-Buccaneers-2003-015.jpg

Wow, the guy looks the part! He played HS ball and Grand Island Central Catholic. I feel sorry for the Class C offensive linemen who had to attempt to block Parrella. :lol:

This and this alone should be the cover letter of every packet we send to defensive line recruits.

Raiders-Buccaneers-2003-015.jpg

I would put that side by side to one like this

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=John+Parrella+Nebraska&view=detailv2&&id=4CA65A8FFAD792B9473B0C63CEEA226332EEC6E0&selectedIndex=2&ccid=JGL60Sun&simid=608042944849120566&thid=OIP.M2462fad12ba766523a921d83e48b555fo0

• Fire 1

Did he have drills for you all? I always like attending the sessions and really appreciate it if they have DVDs and/or handouts you can take with you!!!

Did he have drills for you all? I always like attending the sessions and really appreciate it if they have DVDs and/or handouts you can take with you!!!

Yes he showed us plenty of drills but he did say he didn't want to give out everything because....he said he wants to keep some of it under wraps

I've said it before. Coach P might be the missing "X" factor that gets the program going again. He brings a much needed intensity and experience to the position. Save SUH, when was the last time since the 90's that the DL brought nasty to a new a level? Made the O scared? Took control and made teams want to quit?

With this hire alone, I really expect the DL to look like something we haven't seen since 2009. Not saying the next SUH is on the squad, but that intensity, desire etc can be duplicated by the entire DL. Just need to find the DE pass rusher.........

• Fire 1