RIP Satellite camps - Back from the Dead (4/28/16)

This just further demonstrates why recruiting needs to be deregulated.

Bad rules simply can't be fixed by more bad rules.

Only things that these rules do is allow the cheaters who choose to skirt them an advantage over those who are willing to play by them.

It's certainly not about "leveling a playing field," let alone what's in the best interests of an athlete.

• Fire 1

I think that having a satellite field is a viable option. Pay for a field in FL/CA/Wherever - put a Husker sign on it - hold three or four practices there a year and maintain it - for multiple sports (soccer/ baseball/ track etc). Then we could possibly hold our camp there is my understanding. In the long range scope of recruiting, I think the value we get from these camps, and could get moving forward, are huge. We need to be competitive everywhere from a recruiting standpoint. Hell - I live in FL and I will personally go scout land out around Orlando/ Tampa/ Miami or wherever we need to. Along that same line, what if the Big Ten Conference put a facility in those parts that were shared by member schools for "warm weather" sporting functions while its snowing through the Midwest and Northeast? IDK... I am just spitballing here.

Good thing this is still legal.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/106378-bama-paying-for-upgrades-at-dr-phillips-high-school/

This is the High School that Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Dee Hart went to, BTW. Both went to Alabama after High School.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

i wonder how many of the NCAA voters coincidentally have more money in their bank accounts today?

• Fire 1

This just further demonstrates why recruiting needs to be deregulated.

Bad rules simply can't be fixed by more bad rules.

Only things that these rules do is allow the cheaters who choose to skirt them an advantage over those who are willing to play by them.

It's certainly not about "leveling a playing field," let alone what's in the best interests of an athlete.

totally agree

Northwestern athletic director Jim Phillips, chair of Division I council (and Big Ten rep), on satellite camp vote: "You had autonomy 5 against and for it, and the other 5, some were against and some for." The SEC and ACC led the movement to oppose but also had support from the Mountain West. Leagues like the Big Ten and MAC were in favor of keeping the camps. "We debated it. It was collegial, it was cordial and at the end of the day, the vote carried."

http://es.pn/1qAGYCf