RIP Satellite camps - Back from the Dead (4/28/16)

Just a question out of curiosity.

What satellite camps (when & where) has Nebraska done this in the past? Is this something that we were regularly participating in?

Texas, Florida and California last summer. I dont know if they had any planned for this year or not. But we found Dicaprio Bootle in Miami last year at one of them.
Were we doing them with Pelini before Riley got here? I guess I just don't remember hearing much about them until Riley took over.

The remote campus doesn't work. The rule specifically requires that any field used to host camps must be one that is regularly used for practice or competition.

Can it be any practice or competition? Say Nebraska opens a park in California, it hosts rec league sports.

The really upsetting thing is that there is no logic behind not allowing it. It helps the athletes trying to find a scholarship. Even the ones that end up going to the smaller host school. Hell, why don't they just ban coaches from leaving the states their schools are in. That makes about as much sense. No more Georgia recruits for Saban.

Then you have the whole grayshirting issue with SEC teams. That HURTS the athletes trying to find a scholarship. There is no common sense or logic to this. They clearly don't have the people who matter (the players) in mind at all. It's all about $$.

So, who defines what a camp and/or practice is?

Lawyers, who else.

This is a simple case of corruption like a million before it. SECheat has no valid argument on this, and they know it, and they don't care because they do not want to "do the right thing" they want to win fights that benefit them. If false and stupid arguments is all you have but all you need, use em and win (so says every self-centered pushy liar on earth).

• Fire 1

The remote campus doesn't work. The rule specifically requires that any field used to host camps must be one that is regularly used for practice or competition.

Can it be any practice or competition? Say Nebraska opens a park in California, it hosts rec league sports.

Like all NCAA edicts, this one is super vague, but I assumed it had to be used by the team for the sport that it's related too.

I don't think schools will invest the time and effort into that crapshoot.

• Fire 1

Just a question out of curiosity.

What satellite camps (when & where) has Nebraska done this in the past? Is this something that we were regularly participating in?

Texas, Florida and California last summer. I dont know if they had any planned for this year or not. But we found Dicaprio Bootle in Miami last year at one of them.

Tristan Gebbia also cited working with our coaches at a camp in California, seeing how he would be coached, as a reason for his commitment here.

Nebraska potentially could've benefited more than any other school in the country from satellite camps had we had the time to utilize them to the fullest potential. Nebraska better hope the NCAA allows for earlier official visits, but why would that gain widespread support?

I guess I don't blame the SEC, and other conferences in recruiting hotbeds, for supporting this ban. It is a huge competitive advantage for them to suppress the options of student athletes. The NCAA on the other hand......useless pieces of sh#t.

I agree however....I'm not sure how it all works. Are the NCAA's hands tied to what ever the conferences vote on? Or...did they put it out to a vote because they didn't want to make a decision?