Tim Beck

ScottyIce

Man. This is getting testy. My point is that HE COULD NOT AND HAS NOT DEVELOPED ANY QB'S. Nothing to do with his offensive prowess, which is less than stellar as well.

Beck was obviously hated by many, but I do think Martinez and Armstrong improved under his command. Of course, they are not top-notch NFL talents, but they did develop. Armstrong's QB Rating, YPA, and Interceptions have regressed since Beck left, as long as our offense's PPG and YPP. I hope they all improve in Year Two under Langsdorf.

OMG> I laughed out loud. Martinez showed the most improvement in his entire career at Nebraska from his Sophomore to Junior season, right? (I don't remember which season it was exactly) Regardless, it was the year he worked exclusively with the QB GURU in Cali.

I truly thought Tommy Armstrong was a frickin stud his first time playing at Nebraska. I couldn't believe how good he looked as a passer. After that game, he got worse, and worse and worse. Maybe it was because he was just that much better looking than TMagic, or maybe it was because he just looked better mechanically. You can't explain the lack of growth in their games under Beck.

You can explain the lack of growth in a brand new system (a passing system) under a new regime. If Tommy is the guy all season long this year and we don't see some more development, I will raise my eyebrows a little bit about DL's ability. Now it won't make me go crazy like CMhusker, but it will make me wonder. I'm going to weigh most of DL's grades based on his ability to coach O'Brien and Gebbia up, guys that are his prototypical QB.

I expect to see an improvement in Armstrong from last year. Will be interesting to see if it's as much as we all want.

However, I am probably going to hold out judgement to see what he does with O'Brien and Gebbia.

Yeah, Tommy did look really good in that game against South Dakota State.

If you don't think Martinez and Armstrong improved, we will just have to agree to disagree.

I hope Langsdorf can help develop Tommy even more in his final year.

• Fire 2

While I don't agree with cm husker, I guess it don't think it fair to call him crazy either. He makes valid points as do nearly everyone on this board. People have differences of opinion and there is almost debating the point that football is more art than science in many ways. Finesse and trickery, deception and the unespected are key elements of offensive and defensive strategy for almost every team and scheme and approach, etc. But, all of those are combined with physical and mental skills, toughness, attitude and desire all shaken up and stirred into one big pot of stew. Then just for shipps and giggles, you throw in a whole bunch of luck and an oblong shaped ball and play it outside in the weather and introduce 'humans' beings to judge and 'referee' the whole battle royal, along with nuanced and complicated rules.

We all know that all of this put together is what makes football so dam much fun. Let's all try to keep it that way and keep the debate, disagreement and disputes friendly. Leave the name calling for Husker opponents (LOL). We are all here to be Husker fans (presumably).

Sorry for all the little typos (they are not really typos but computer 'miscorrects'. LOL I am too busy to take time to proofread and fix the bad 'fixes'.

• Fire 1

While I don't agree with cm husker, I guess it don't think it fair to call him crazy either. He makes valid points as do nearly everyone on this board. People have differences of opinion and there is almost debating the point that football is more art than science in many ways. Finesse and trickery, deception and the unespected are key elements of offensive and defensive strategy for almost every team and scheme and approach, etc. But, all of those are combined with physical and mental skills, toughness, attitude and desire all shaken up and stirred into one big pot of stew. Then just for shipps and giggles, you throw in a whole bunch of luck and an oblong shaped ball and play it outside in the weather and introduce 'humans' beings to judge and 'referee' the whole battle royal, along with nuanced and complicated rules.

We all know that all of this put together is what makes football so dam much fun. Let's all try to keep it that way and keep the debate, disagreement and disputes friendly. Leave the name calling for Husker opponents (LOL). We are all here to be Husker fans (presumably).

Sorry for all the little typos (they are not really typos but computer 'miscorrects'. LOL I am too busy to take time to proofread and fix the bad 'fixes'.

WAT?

Yardage increased.

I hope so, he threw 57 more times over the season (despite one less game).

His yards per pass regressed closer to his 2013 Freshman campaign than his 2014 Sophomore season.

Tiny drop in "rating" came from too many picks which DL and MR did not coach him to throw.

QB coaches have no responsibility when they come in and their #1 QB throws 33% more INT under their tutelage. Noted.

I'm really pulling for Riley and Langsdorf. I want them to succeed here. But after all the of the talk about the QB Whisperer, the results were quite underwhelming. I am rooting for them to turn that around.

• Fire 2

You need to venture into the woodshed forum

You need to venture into the woodshed forum
who would I talk to about getting the password?

To be clear, I have no intention of posting anything there.

PM a mod

Or for 50 bucks, I will send you the password

If a bidding war is what you want, a bidding war is what you'll get! I'll send for 48.50!

At one time I had the pass word and forgot it. I quickly found out what's in there isn't worth .02.

PM a mod

Or for 50 bucks, I will send you the password

If a bidding war is what you want, a bidding war is what you'll get! I'll send for 48.50!

sss.gif

$48.00!