Tim Beck

ScottyIce

At least he didn't use Pelini's script and say that the players just didn't execute his scheme. For once a coach actually points the thumb. And he get scathed for it. :dunno:

Yes he rightfully gets scathed for it. He's been doing this for a long time and was given a national championship winning quarterback to work with. His answer was that he's new.

I am not going to come on here and endorse Beck but that article was a hack job. The blame for last year, a season with 12-1 record with a strong finish, lays at Urban's feet. I don't put much stock in Ohio State fans complaints either because they complained about Tom Herman his first year and half of his second year. They also questioned Urban when he hired Chris Ash. The spring game was a scrimmage game without their top WRs (two of them are coming back from broken legs) and a bunch of true freshman and redshirt guys. JT Barrett, and Ohio State by extension, will go as far as their line will take them.

• Fire 1

I am not going to come on here and endorse Beck but that article was a hack job. The blame for last year, a season with 12-1 record with a strong finish, lays at Urban's feet. I don't put much stock in Ohio State fans complaints either because they complained about Tom Herman his first year and half of his second year. They also questioned Urban when he hired Chris Ash. The spring game was a scrimmage game without their top WRs (two of them are coming back from broken legs) and a bunch of true freshman and redshirt guys. JT Barrett, and Ohio State by extension, will go as far as their line will take them.

The article wasn't placing blame of the overall team performance on Beck, nor did it try and suggest that the other coaches aren't culpable or that Meyer isn't solely responsible for the sesaon's outcome.

The article makes it explicitly clear from the beginning that this is about Jones, his draft stock, the offensive performance last year and the criticisms thrown at Jones. The writer is merely trying to hold Beck culpable.

• Fire 1

Wow, beck couldn't perform as well as one of the best offensive coordinators and qb coaches in year one, while he had to get acquainted with a different system with players and coaches he has never worked with before. What a chump.

(I'm not even saying he did great job, but give the guy a break).

Chris Peterson has his QBs use a hand clap snap count. I guess he's not a very good coach either, at least in Gruden's mind.

And if a defensive player was simulating a snap count by clapping, that should have been a penalty.

Not necessarily

"No player shall use words or signals that disconcert opponents when they are preparing to put the ball in play. No player may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals. An official shall sound his whistle immediately."

• Fire 2

Chris Peterson has his QBs use a hand clap snap count. I guess he's not a very good coach either, at least in Gruden's mind.

And if a defensive player was simulating a snap count by clapping, that should have been a penalty.

Not necessarily

"No player shall use words or signals that disconcert opponents when they are preparing to put the ball in play. No player may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals. An official shall sound his whistle immediately."

You're absolutely right about this one. Simulating a snap count is a penalty. Under the rule, as quoted above, it doesn't even matter if the intent was to simulate the snap count but simply whether the clap had the effect of simulating the snap count.

Still makes me laugh when he said the TE was a dying position and that he doesn't have a game plan in place he just watches what the defense does then bases his offense for the game off of that.

The TE (and FB) is a dying position among the highest producing offenses.

And that's a gross mischaracterization of what he said. What he really said was that he doesn't work off of a script. Unlike some other OCs.

• Fire 1

Still makes me laugh when he said the TE was a dying position and that he doesn't have a game plan in place he just watches what the defense does then bases his offense for the game off of that.

And that's a gross mischaracterization of what he said. What he really said was that he doesn't work off of a script. Unlike some other OCs.

You sure do take any criticism of the past, underperforming staff, quite personally. Pelini and Beck failed to move the program past a certain point. It really isn't debatable yet you constantly act like it is. Might be time to accept it and move on.

• Fire 2

Gruden hates any non-WCO approach to QB'ing.

So this means Beck is an animal and should be the next OSU HC or what's your point? No one considers Gruden a QB whisperer. He has never developed a QB as far as I can tell. You're comment is just meant to give Beck more leeway.

PS: How pathetic is it that we had a GA coaching the most important position on the field? Not a knock on Ganz either. That just shows how little Beck actually knew about the position.

Grain of Salt: CM Husker has no understanding of the WCO, other than as an insult for any team that enjoys the forward pass.

I'm not going to take your troll bait.

That will be a first.

Nice to see you openly admit your tactics. I respect that.

To be totally honest, I don't like your posting style.

I'm willing to own that, too.

• Fire 2

So we should just pull Cethan Carters scholarship, got it.