The General Election

The hats sells for $25-30 on his campaign website. If he spent $208k buying hats in one month they must be selling pretty well. I bet he gets them made for less than $3 a pop (because they sure look pretty cheap). Sounds like a pretty good turn around actually.

Let me be clear, I do not want to see Trump as President of the United States.

But, am I the only anti-Trump that wants to get a hand on one of those hats when this clusterf*** of an election cycle is over? It would kind of be like getting a salad fork from the Titanic...

I have absolutely zero desire to have one of those ugly friggen hats in my house.

The hats sells for $25-30 on his campaign website. If he spent $208k buying hats in one month they must be selling pretty well. I bet he gets them made for less than $3 a pop (because they sure look pretty cheap). Sounds like a pretty good turn around actually.

I intended for my comment to be more critical of the appropriation of his funds. The fact that he has spent more money on hats ($1.54 million profit, although a decent fundraiser, isn't going to do much in helping him catch Hillary) than things that will actually help in getting him elected combined (data management, online marketing, etc)

Let me be clear, I do not want to see Trump as President of the United States.

But, am I the only anti-Trump that wants to get a hand on one of those hats when this clusterf*** of an election cycle is over? It would kind of be like getting a salad fork from the Titanic...

I have absolutely zero desire to have one of those ugly friggen hats in my house.

I would never ever wear it! Just pull it out to share an important histroy lesson with my grandkids...

This is the energizer bunny of threads!

Well, it is about the general election which is just now starting. I don't expect this thread to die off until well into late November or early December.

Maybe, but it might be sooner. I think Clinton will win with ease and people will lose interest since it won't be much of a race

And a lot of the money the Trump campaign has spent is going directly back to Donald Trump. In May, according to Federal Election Commission filings, Trump spent about $1 million of his campaign’s funds on products and services from business he owns, including:

• $423,372 to rent out Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach club
  • $349,540 to Tag Air, his fleet of private jets
  • $29,715 to rent out the Trump International Golf Club
  • $35,845 to rent out the Trump National Golf Club
  • $72,800 in rent on Trump Tower

Earlier this year, the Trump campaign spent thousands to stay at Trump hotels, eat at Trump restaurants, and serve Trump bottled water at their events. The Associated Press calculated that, in all, $6 million of Trump campaign money has gone back to the Trump Organization.

• Fire 1

208k on hats? Is he planning on sending one to each household in America or something?

To be fair, he sells them for $30, so that partially funds his campaign. He probably bought 100k hats, so he's making pure profit. Which I actually really like that strategy, though others might not.

And a lot of the money the Trump campaign has spent is going directly back to Donald Trump. In May, according to Federal Election Commission filings, Trump spent about $1 million of his campaign’s funds on products and services from business he owns, including:

• $423,372 to rent out Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach club
  • $349,540 to Tag Air, his fleet of private jets
  • $29,715 to rent out the Trump International Golf Club
  • $35,845 to rent out the Trump National Golf Club
  • $72,800 in rent on Trump Tower

Earlier this year, the Trump campaign spent thousands to stay at Trump hotels, eat at Trump restaurants, and serve Trump bottled water at their events. The Associated Press calculated that, in all, $6 million of Trump campaign money has gone back to the Trump Organization.

To be fair to him without any bias whatsoever, he is extremely frugal on a lot of his buildings and investments. He has a great reputation for building projects well under budget (many times ahead of schedule). I was watching a video of one of my business mentors (Grant Cardone) and he was in Trump Tower marveling at how nice the place looked and how cheaply he had it built.

(Cue the comments about how he doesn't pay his workers so it's all an illusion)

Trump supporters be like:

LOL! You can always tell who watches & reads mainstream media.

What does this response mean in the context of literally every media outlet reporting the same thing about Trump's finances? I know it's supposed to be some kind of dig at people for the media they consume, but when everyone's saying the same thing... ???

• Fire 2