The General Election

Here's a good example of what I mean, Bnil.

Watch this clip from the dreaded MSNBC. I only chose it because it contained the clip I needed:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/trump-on-pence-s-iraq-vote-he-s-entitled-to-make-a-mistake-726918723564

Ok, so Pence can make a mistake, but Clinton can't make the same one. Typical Trump.

The look on Prince's face during that exchange was priceless.

But notice when he said he was strongly against the Iraq war.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/13/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-his-early-opposition-iraq-war-wa/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/donald-trump-and-the-iraq-war/

That's not a little fib. It's not bending the truth. It's a straight, bold-faced lie to any American watching 60 Minutes that completely misrepresents reality to make his own judgment look better on a life or death issue.

He's done this repeatedly on this very issue.

He's a clown and a liar.

• Fire 2

Naturally, right after I post, this pops up on Twitter:

He's been doing this so egregiously for so long, I don't know why the media lets it slide. They need to hold him accountable.

He didn't oppose it until at least 2004.

Anderson Cooper tried to call him out on it numerous times in the debates, and Megyn Kelly kinda tried - you're right though, they need to not let him off the hook. I'd love to see another Katie Couric/Sarah Palin like interview. That really opened up some eyes about her lack of knowledge I think. Trump just won't allow himself to be put in a situation like that .. .that is why he bans certain reporters or papers in his pressers. Which in and of itself should be something of note.

Being president of the United States, spoken words an shift economies, start wars, and cause seismic shifts in other global dynamics. Even off the cuff ones. Trump seems to fundamentally misunderstand this.

The president SHOULD think before they speak. Perhaps for a good long time, if the situation calls for it.

Well I think that applies to Obama, Trump and Hillary. After the MN and LA shootings Hillary immediately spoke about whites not understanding black lives...and after the Oregon shooting last year Obama went on a rant 3 hours after the shooting took place about gun control...this was before all the facts were known about the killer, and also before family members even knew if their loved ones were killed. So i agree in principle but its innaccurate to claim only Trump does this. My point about yesterday is that Hillary does not need to wait 10 hours to issue a show of sympathy, and there is a point where waiting too long such as with the Benghazi security request signals dereliction of her core duty as sos.

If you're not talking about white people not understanding black lives, then you have no grasp of the actual issue.

If you think that indicates support for black people killing cops, you have no intention of understanding the issue.

If you still think there's something shocking and incriminating about Benghazi, there's no talking you out of anything.

Wow, if you really believe HIllary did nothing wrong as it relates to Benghazi, that says a lot about you and your perspective on a host of issues. If you really believe Obama has not widened the racial divide and help encourage the anti-cop movement in this country, there's no talking you out of anything. It began when he called the police stupid back in 2009 when someone called 9/11 because his black buddy was trying to break down his own door. And at every moment since that time, he has made any sort of black on white issue about black victimization and assumed the police were always wrong, yet has ignored cases where black americans have killed or tried to injure cops. Obama has never put forward a fair approach to this topic and has let his personal biases get in the way which has helped lead to BLM, Ferguson, and the killing of cops.

http://spectator.org/the-road-to-dallas/

Being president of the United States, spoken words an shift economies, start wars, and cause seismic shifts in other global dynamics. Even off the cuff ones. Trump seems to fundamentally misunderstand this.

The president SHOULD think before they speak. Perhaps for a good long time, if the situation calls for it.

Well I think that applies to Obama, Trump and Hillary. After the MN and LA shootings Hillary immediately spoke about whites not understanding black lives...and after the Oregon shooting last year Obama went on a rant 3 hours after the shooting took place about gun control...this was before all the facts were known about the killer, and also before family members even knew if their loved ones were killed. So i agree in principle but its innaccurate to claim only Trump does this. My point about yesterday is that Hillary does not need to wait 10 hours to issue a show of sympathy, and there is a point where waiting too long such as with the Benghazi security request signals dereliction of her core duty as sos.

If you're not talking about white people not understanding black lives, then you have no grasp of the actual issue.

If you think that indicates support for black people killing cops, you have no intention of understanding the issue.

If you still think there's something shocking and incriminating about Benghazi, there's no talking you out of anything.

Wow, if you really believe HIllary did nothing wrong as it relates to Benghazi, that says a lot about you and your perspective on a host of issues. If you really believe Obama has not widened the racial divide and help encourage the anti-cop movement in this country, there's no talking you out of anything. It began when he called the police stupid back in 2009 when someone called 9/11 because his black buddy was trying to break down his own door. And at every moment since that time, he has made any sort of black on white issue about black victimization and assumed the police were always wrong, yet has ignored cases where black americans have killed or tried to injure cops. Obama has never put forward a fair approach to this topic and has let his personal biases get in the way which has helped lead to BLM, Ferguson, and the killing of cops.

1) What more can you possibly want beyond multiple Republican-led investigations that concluded Hillary Clinton did nothing actionably wrong as it relates to Benghazi? Jesus, dude, you sound like a chem trail enthusiast. But to be fair, let's take your criteria for irresponsible, possibly treasonous politicians, apply it across the board, and prosecute them all. Seriously. I'd be down with that.

2) You are wrong in virtually everything you are blaming on Obama, perhaps due to your terrible choice of news sources, perhaps in what you choose to overlook. I could pull up reams of public pronouncements from Obama in which he did the opposite of what you claim. You could, too. If I'm using your math, nobody is supposed to point out the disparity between the treatment of blacks and whites in this country because it makes people angry.

Obama has done a pretty remarkable job of navigating the issue.

Obama did not call the police stupid back in 2009. He called an individual policeman's actions stupid, because they were. Then he invited everyone to have a beer together, which they did. Case closed. Moving on.

Unless, of course, you want to keep dredging it up, remembering it inaccurately, and shifting the blame for America's racial divisiveness to the uppity colored guy.

• Fire 3

It's amazing to me that Guy and Bnil both live in the same country and presumably have access to the same information.

• Fire 1

Interesting behind the scenes article from Political on the Obama/Clinton 'partnership' to save the party. I found interesting the discussion on how Obama's team was

discouraging Joe Biden from running.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/2016-barack-obama-hillary-clinton-democratic-establishment-campaign-primary-joe-biden-elizabeth-warren-214023

Biden should have run. I think that's the thing about trying to exert too much control over electoral outcomes -- people don't really like not being given choices. If Biden lost he could still have bowed out with grace, on his own terms and not those of the President.

Here are some great videos of Hillary...I wonder if she will be continuing to show that she is a pathological liar when she speaks at the Democratic convention. Seriously, how can anyone believe one word that comes out of this woman's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftx7soJIaKg

I know Hillary needs to get out the black vote like Obama was able to do, so I wonder if she will be bringing Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and others to join a chorus of BLM protesters on stage. That would be fitting.

If you are so distraught about someone lying why aren't you focusing on Trump instead?
Trump has his own issues but is a saint compared to Hillary when it comes to honesty. Sometimes hes a little too honest and needs to put a muzzle on his mouth. Meanwhile Hillary seeks to get input fr a focus group before responding to such tragedies as we saw yesterday. She took over 10 hours to issue a response which caused social media to blow up at her for being so unresponsive. Its probably because after the last time she spoke without getting counsel she made the error of blaming whites for not understanding.

This is like, would I vote for saddam or one of his sons.

I listened to a talk show today after my shift and they had an Ex CIA ops guy on. He is heading off to be a professor at NYU and he stated a few comical things, yet disturbing. He stated that our government staff (Military, CIA ops, FBI and alike) are very much hoping for anything other than Hillary. They have zero trust in her honesty as anyone with the clearance level she has, understands what confidential material is and how it is to be handled. He continued to say that anyone else like him, would be in Levenworth Ks, had they done what she did. His last comment 'although not a shining endorsement of Trump' was that anything (including a goldfish) would be preferred to Hillary getting into office. The government personnel (individuals like him), have NO TRUST in Hillary.

What a Time to be alive. #worriedforourchildren

1) What more can you possibly want beyond multiple Republican-led investigations that concluded Hillary Clinton did nothing actionably wrong as it relates to Benghazi? Jesus, dude, you sound like a chem trail enthusiast. But to be fair, let's take your criteria for irresponsible, possibly treasonous politicians, apply it across the board, and prosecute them all. Seriously. I'd be down with that.

2) You are wrong in virtually everything you are blaming on Obama, perhaps due to your terrible choice of news sources, perhaps in what you choose to overlook. I could pull up reams of public pronouncements from Obama in which he did the opposite of what you claim. You could, too. If I'm using your math, nobody is supposed to point out the disparity between the treatment of blacks and whites in this country because it makes people angry.

Obama has done a pretty remarkable job of navigating the issue.

Obama did not call the police stupid back in 2009. He called an individual policeman's actions stupid, because they were. Then he invited everyone to have a beer together, which they did. Case closed. Moving on.

Unless, of course, you want to keep dredging it up, remembering it inaccurately, and shifting the blame for America's racial divisiveness to the uppity colored guy.

Did you actually read what Obama stated in 2009. He said "the police acted stupidly." It's right there in plain site, but you probably are choosing to overlook the realities that this nation is much less safe and much more divided today than it was when Obama took office. As I stated in early June when you asked me what his top failures were in office, two of the four I referenced were his failures in fighting terrorism, and his failures in dealing with race relations. Since that time, we've had Orlando, Nice, Dallas, Baton Rouge, etc...all in a matter of 4 weeks.

As for Hillary, if you believe that lying about what she said as it relates to the attack, the lies she told the families and American people about the attack, as well as her failure to provide more security after repeated requests in the year leading up to the attack, so be it.

I listened to a talk show today after my shift and they had an Ex CIA ops guy on. He is heading off to be a professor at NYU and he stated a few comical things, yet disturbing. He stated that our government staff (Military, CIA ops, FBI and alike) are very much hoping for anything other than Hillary. They have zero trust in her honesty as anyone with the clearance level she has, understands what confidential material is and how it is to be handled. He continued to say that anyone else like him, would be in Levenworth Ks, had they done what she did. His last comment 'although not a shining endorsement of Trump' was that anything (including a goldfish) would be preferred to Hillary getting into office. The government personnel (individuals like him), have NO TRUST in Hillary.

What a Time to be alive. #worriedforourchildren

You are spot on...it is a worrisome time to be alive. I have two kids under 10 and am scared to take them to large cities or places with large crowds. Why would any military officer have any trust in Hillary given she cannot follow the rules and keep confidential information secure. I'm with this CIA ops guy as I don't love Trump, but when compared to Hillary, it makes the decision a bit easier.