The General Election

I consider actions as well as words. I don't like to name people and make it personal but, you seem to fall in that amp even though, every once in awhile, you "say" you don't support Hillary.

I don't at all support Hillary Clinton. I definitely will not vote for her, I'll either vote third-party or abstain, but if I was forced with a gun to my head to pick between her and Trump, I'd pick her without a moment's hesitation.

Okay, I'm sorry. I may have attributed a whole bunch of Hillary defending and Trump bashing to you in error. As you know, it's easy to read through all these comments, see 1 or 2 that you disagree with one person, and then assimilate all the other similar comments to that person. That is my fault for not realizing you were to the gun-at-the-head point with Hillary. That is pretty much where I am too. Although, I might be leaning towards just taking that bullet and letting it all be over with at this point.

I guess to clarify further, I don't necessarily think that Hillary will be a bad president. I suspect that she will be, at least for my perspective as a middle class white male, much of the same status quo. I think Trump is legitimately dangerous, and his following legitimately horrifying, Hillary I just see as a walking talking definition of "meh, don't care." I don't like her, but I don't think she's particularly dangerous, even if she is, hypothetically, crooked. If she's elected, which she will be, I'm fine, I don't care much.

• Fire 4

They are way more alike than you understand, evidently. Both are all about themselves and will do anything to get what they want. ANYTHING!

EDIT: it is seriously scary how little some of you really know or care to know about the person you are going to vote for.

Hillary has no fan, at all, in me, but she at least has a career that includes legitimate and respectable accomplishments that benefitted people other than her. Donald Trump is a businessman and that's it, and he's not even a good one.

Lol...as Carly Fiorina correctly pointed out, flying around the world is not an accomplishment. As Senator Hillary had no major pieces of legislation she sponsored or co-sponsored, and promised to bring 200,000 job to upstate New York. Did she deliver on that promise? Heck no. As SOS she inherited a situation in which Iraq had been stabilized and ISIS was under control, only to leave Iraq a huge mess and ISIS the dominant terror superpower in the world. And let's not forget Benghazi, and the fact that emails showed Ambassador Stevens requested more security from Hillary's State Dept for 12 months leading up to the actual attack. Maybe those emails somehow ended up in the Spam folder on her private email server. The world is a far less safe place after her time as SOS.

I guess to clarify further, I don't necessarily think that Hillary will be a bad president. I suspect that she will be, at least for my perspective as a middle class white male, much of the same status quo. I think Trump is legitimately dangerous, and his following legitimately horrifying, Hillary I just see as a walking talking definition of "meh, don't care." I don't like her, but I don't think she's particularly dangerous, even if she is, hypothetically, crooked. If she's elected, which she will be, I'm fine, I don't care much.

I will be voting for Hillary and this is close to where I stand. Has she done some interesting things? Yes, but so have many other politicians that have been elected to high offices. I see her as a continuation of the past 8 years, which have been fine for me. I also hope that the Rs remain in control of at least 1 arm of Congress so that the Ds don't have free reign to pass legislation.

Would I like there to be a better alternative? Yes. But personally my conscience won't let me vote for a 3rd party because I want Trump no where near the White House.

If the race was Trump vs Bernie I would be preparing to move to an island in the Caribbean right now.

• Fire 3

I will be voting for Hillary and this is close to where I stand. Has she done some interesting things? Yes, but so have many other politicians that have been elected to high offices. I see her as a continuation of the past 8 years, which have been fine for me. I also hope that the Rs remain in control of at least 1 arm of Congress so that the Ds don't have free reign to pass legislation.

Would I like there to be a better alternative? Yes. But personally my conscience won't let me vote for a 3rd party because I want Trump no where near the White House.

If the race was Trump vs Bernie I would be preparing to move to an island in the Caribbean right now.

That'd probably expand to Trump v. Bernie v. Bloomberg, FWIW. I don't know if that's a better situation for you.

Trump, Bernie, Bloomberg, Johnson and Stein would be a colorful field.

Did he mention she and Obama were comin fer yer guns?

I'm still waiting for the call from Hillary to come claiming that Trump is going to randomly start dropping Nukes. Yes, Hillary is really running an ad like that. It reminds me of her 3 in the morning scare tactic she tried using against Obama in the 2008 primaries.

• Fire 1

WASHINGTON ― After bragging for a year about how cheaply he was running his campaign, Donald Trump is spending more freely now that other people are contributing ― particularly when the beneficiary is himself.

Trump nearly quintupled the monthly rent his presidential campaign pays for its headquarters at Trump Tower to $169,758 in July, when he was raising funds from donors, compared with March, when he was self-funding his campaign, according to a Huffington Post review of Federal Election Commission filings. The rent jumped even though he was paying fewer staff in July than he did in March.

The Trump campaign paid Trump Tower Commercial LLC $35,458 in March ― the same amount it had been paying since last summer ― and had 197 paid employees and consultants. In July, it paid 172 employees and consultants.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-campaign-rent_us_57bba424e4b03d51368a82b9?o9ix30du10s5rk9

• Fire 2