The General Election

Sounds like Donald had a great rally last night. Video of the Clinton mocking at the link

MANHEIM, Pa. — Donald Trump's campaign announced Saturday evening that the candidate would soon deliver a nine-sentence critique of comments Hillary Clinton made months ago about many of the millennials supporting her primary rival, Bernie Sanders. It was an attempt to latch onto a new headline in hopes of finally escaping the controversies that had consumed his week.

It didn’t work.

It took Trump nearly 25 minutes to read the brief statement because he kept going off on one angry tangent after another — ignoring his teleprompters and accusing Clinton of not being “loyal” to her husband, imitating her buckling at a memorial service last month, suggesting that she is “crazy” and saying she should be in prison. He urged his mostly white crowd of supporters to go to polling places in "certain areas" on Election Day to "watch" the voters there. He also repeatedly complained about having a "bum mic" at the first presidential debate and wondered if he should have done another season of “The Apprentice.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-news-of-trump%E2%80%99s-taxes-breaks-he-goes-off-script-at-a-rally-in-pennsylvania/ar-BBwTB4z?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Wait....I haven't heard anything about this other than this thread.

But, he has constantly trashed hillary because she stuck behind her husband when he cheated on her.

Now...he is trashing her because she wasn't loyal to him????

All from the guy who cheated on three wives and claimed he would like to sleep with his daughter.

Interesting.

• Fire 1

^^^ #TheBestTemperament

White nationalists are deplorable. Neo-nazis are deplorable. People who spout hate for others on the basis of the color of the skin or their religion are deplorable. You will find all three in the Trump camp.

This man's character is deplorable. I'd be forever ashamed to tell my future children that I had anything to do with this man. He is morally bankrupt. I guess another one to add to the list.

Watching him implode is funny to me, but also disgusting in the sense that so many people are still willing to put party before country, make excuses, and continue to support him.

• Fire 1

^^^ #TheBestTemperament

White nationalists are deplorable. Neo-nazis are deplorable. People who spout hate for others on the basis of the color of the skin or their religion are deplorable. You will find all three in the Trump camp.

This man's character is deplorable. I'd be forever ashamed to tell my future children that I had anything to do with this man. He is morally bankrupt. I guess another one to add to the list.

Watching him implode is funny to me, but also disgusting in the sense that so many people are still willing to put party before country, make excuses, and continue to support him.

Umm...and you would not be ashamed to tell your future children about Hillary Clinton? The woman is a corrupt liar who stood by and trashed women that her husband assaulted, and has stepped on anyone that came in her way of achieving her own political ambitions. I work in a professional work environment and work with many college educated women, and admittedly they do not like many things Trump has said, but then I ask them about HIllary, and they just let out a sigh saying she is a horrible representative to be the first female nominee for either party, and they really don't want her to win.

It's almost as if there's nowhere else we might turn to for information on how college-educated women feel about this race. Thankfully, bnilhome is here to tell us: they all sigh at Hillary's name, don't want her to win, and think she's horrible.

Perhaps you have a different experience. Most people I talk to at work who are not as into politics as much as we are on here really don't like either major party candidate, and that appears to be a common theme in many polls and analysis I've seen, so it's not just an anecdotal thing. Given that you and Dude and others think Trump is deplorable and "morally bankrupt," as Hillary said, she should be 50 points ahead, but she's not. Why, because she has just as many personal negatives if not more, and on top of that, she has no positive record to run on. She was a complete disgrace as Secretary of State. It's not as though she was SOS 20 years ago and we can claim the country has moved past her record. We are still seeing evidence of her poor decisions all throughout the world.

It's almost as if there's nowhere else we might turn to for information on how college-educated women feel about this race. Thankfully, bnilhome is here to tell us: they all sigh at Hillary's name, don't want her to win, and think she's horrible.

Perhaps you have a different experience. Most people I talk to at work who are not as into politics as much as we are on here really don't like either major party candidate, and that appears to be a common theme in many polls and analysis I've seen, so it's not just an anecdotal thing. Given that you and Dude and others think Trump is deplorable and "morally bankrupt," as Hillary said, she should be 50 points ahead, but she's not. Why, because she has just as many personal negatives if not more, and on top of that, she has no positive record to run on. She was a complete disgrace as Secretary of State. It's not as though she was SOS 20 years ago and we can claim the country has moved past her record. We are still seeing evidence of her poor decisions all throughout the world.

What? The Clinton News Network and other mainstream media better pick up their game...

What? The Clinton News Network and other mainstream media better pick up their game...

Glad you finally see it truly is the Clinton News Network. :cowbell:

• Fire 1

Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

spzchdnjfeqe5rnewjnqng.png

Also, given the hyper-polarized nature of politics now, it's extremely hard for any one candidate to blow out any other. The bases of both party are so well entrenched that it makes Nixon-McGovern and Reagan-Mondale type landslides increasingly difficult. Hell, we all kick the cans over how many people think Clinton and Trump are both terrible candidates, and they still manage to coalesce 80-90% of their party's base, easily.

Still, the fact that so many people would line up behind someone as completely ignorant of the necessary knowledge and emotionally volatile as Trump is troubling. I think Michale Moore actually put it pretty well. There are so many pissed off, let down, financially struggling people out there that just want change from the status quo that view someone as churlish and brash as him as a symbolic molotov cocktail. One that they can throw at the establishment and hope to inflict as much damage as possible.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Republican-recover-worst/2016/10/03/id/751333/

Not a good week for Trump to say the least. I think he is toast. It would take a Hillary health crisis or an unbelievable bad "October surprise" eml dump to

turn this around. In other words, this is Hillary's election - only she can lose it, I see no way Trump can win it from anything he could do positively.

I'd hate to be in Mike Pence's debate seat after this week. He has to overcome a lot to put a positive spin on it during the VP debate.

a quote:

John Weaver, the chief political strategist for Ohio Governor John Kasich and a Trump critic, said, "He had probably the worst week any presidential nominee has had in modern American history. There are no parallels." He said the debate performance and its fallout put Trump "into a place that I don't think is survivable."

Tyler was equally pessimistic about Trump's hopes. "He took a bad debate performance—which is survivable, it happens—and he turned it into the worst week of post-debate spin in presidential history. It was just self-inflicted," he said. "He has now successfully entered into the zone of being a laughingstock and a punch line."