The General Election

Also, for those judging Trump on the Nevada lawsuit - I think the lawsuit itself is sh**ty, but it is literally nothing more than a legal sticky note for the campaign to leave. Trump's campaign thinks Nevada could end very close and they are bookmarking potential errors to revisit later if they end up losing. 538 blog covered it and actually called it a smart legal move.

When does the first exit data start coming out? I'm assuming we'll know the results of the East Coast early..?

If I haven't admitted my age yet, I will now; this is my first presidential election, I missed Obama/Romney by 2 months. I followed that one, but was busy bagging groceries at HyVee on election night. Help teach me how this works :P

Here is when the polls close by state

closing_times.png

• Fire 3

I would bet all the stuff trump does in that regard is nothing out of the norm. But in this case, he made noise when he didnt answer the question of supporting the results of the election, and his constant accusations of rigging, so now everything he does from here on out will be heavily scrutinized, when it's probably the norm. Wasnt there stuff like this with Gore/Bush? i was in high school so i dont recall the details. didnt Gore challenge results of florida and not immediately accept election results?

My question is, what if it comes out there is legit fraud in favor of Hillary? What if. is it really crazy to wonder that? or even the other way? With all the technology involved, is not a possiblity? wouldnt that be the sh#ts.

When does the first exit data start coming out? I'm assuming we'll know the results of the East Coast early..?

If I haven't admitted my age yet, I will now; this is my first presidential election, I missed Obama/Romney by 2 months. I followed that one, but was busy bagging groceries at HyVee on election night. Help teach me how this works :P

closing_times.png

Wait, why does that seem backwards to me? It's noon in California, why would their polls close in 2 hours?

It's hard to remember 4 years back. But if exit polls show a big enough gap they'll announce before the votes are counted. If it's close they'll wait for actual results from counties.

IIRC we knew Obama won pretty early. Maybe 10pm central? Seems this race is gonna be closer though.

Welcome to the club of voters who pick presidents! This really is a neat thing. I'm super glad to have you vote. Keep it up, and teach your kids to vote, too. :thumbs

• Fire 2

It's hard to remember 4 years back. But if exit polls show a big enough gap they'll announce before the votes are counted. If it's close they'll wait for actual results from counties.

IIRC we knew Obama won pretty early. Maybe 10pm central? Seems this race is gonna be closer though.

That sounds about right, maybe even a bit earlier.

closing_times.png

Wait, why does that seem backwards to me? It's noon in California, why would their polls close in 2 hours?

CA closes at 11 eastern