The General Election

AR HF;One thing that can be stated for sure, is that he has the ability to surround himself with successful people who make things happen. Everything you mentioned above may be disputable but you can't dispute his success. You might be able to question what one considered success, but I believe most would agree he has it better than the majority on many different fronts!

Again, based on what? Who, exactly, are these people? And as for being better than the majority on many different fronts - again, know one knows that because he refused to be transparent. For all anyone knows, he's leveraged to his eyeballs, and one bad quarter could bring it crashing down and leave him a pauper. We don't KNOW.
Do we not have doubts, reservations and concerns about HC, her and her family's ethics, values, and so forth. AR, I am not in the HC camp or DT camp, just an fyi, but they both severely lack in their own ways. You and I and ∞ of others could banter back and forth over which candidate is best, for whom and why. However, I do not subscribe to the lesser of two evils voting system.

I will just be happy that when I go home after work tonight knowing we are just about done.

I am hoping in the next election, we have candidates that will tell us why we should vote for them, rather than why I shouldn't vote for the other candidate.

Hey Takoda - I do have concerns and reservations about HC. But I believe at her core, she is not as innately, negatively biased in her opinion of people that are not like herself. I can not say that about the other guy.

It sounds weird, but I'd knowingly be friends with (and probably am) a liar before I'd knowingly be friends with someone who didn't respect me (because I'm a woman) or other people. I don't think that prejudice changes at a dramatic speed with people, and so I don't hold a lot of hope that he can honestly adapt in 6 months. This country is made up of a lot of people that aren't old, white, christian men. The president has to represent and fight for all of us. I don't think he can.

And I agree with you. I hope this year's debacle results in some top tier, qualified candidates for all parties next time.

• Fire 2

Well folks. another work day is done. I'm out till tommorrow. good stuff. at the end of the day, Im really indifferent. Like anything else, it is what it is. I enjoy a good debate.

Yep and we'll do it again in 4 years and I bet the good USA will still be standing strong. We always make it through. Whoever wins won't be nearly the devil the other side paints them as. There will be moderating forces at play regardless.

Well folks. another work day is done. I'm out till tommorrow. good stuff. at the end of the day, Im really indifferent. Like anything else, it is what it is. I enjoy a good debate.

Yep and we'll do it again in 4 years and I bet the good USA will still be standing strong. We always make it through. Whoever wins won't be nearly the devil the other side paints them as. There will be moderating forces at play regardless.

I generally believe in the strengths and restraining power of American institutions.

I would not have believed a year ago that this belief would be shaken. But at this point, I'd caution against expecting norms to stand in the face of those determined to shake them. They make us strong and stable, yes. And yet, they are also fragile.

We'd be wiser to nurture and affirm them -- continuously -- than take them for granted.

Hmmm, interesting.

Two sort of funny stories about what people were wearing to some polls here in Omaha that I was just told about...I would love to share but one of the stories will get me banned so if you want to hear that one, PM me.

The other, a friend was asked to remove his Make America Great Again, hat over in west O about 15 minutes ago.

Hmmm, interesting.

Two sort of funny stories about what people were wearing to some polls here in Omaha that I was just told about...I would love to share but one of the stories will get me banned so if you want to hear that one, PM me.

The other, a friend was asked to remove his Make America Great Again, hat over in west O about 15 minutes ago.

If you think describingan outfit will get you banned, you're confused.

• Fire 1

Hmmm, interesting.

If you think describingan outfit will get you banned, you're confused.

If I have permission to describe it, I will.