The General Election

^No, if Trump wins, it will be raw populism triumphing over a sophisticated GOTV operation. It'll be no less than the representation we, as a nation, have asked for, and deserve.But also:https://twitter.com/SarahLerner/status/796175748323155968

Oh come on! Somebody playing the anti female president angle? I have not heard or seen that from one single person as a rationale for their vote this time around. The thing people care about in this election is morals and personality and sorting out which of these two is any better than the other is like deciding which form of cancer you would rather die from. The issues took a back seat long ago. The results of this election will not have one thing to do with Americans hating the idea of a female President. It will and has been solely about the idea of which of them is hated more, personally.

Wow, this election is much closer than I thought. I am now thinking Michigan and/or Wisconsin are going to win this for Trump.

I think Clinton will win Michigan, but if Trump wins Wisconsin this thing could end at 269-269

I think Trump has a better shot at Michigan. Most of the vote in Detroit is already in and Trump is still up by 4% there. Wisconsin will be tighter.

Wow, this election is much closer than I thought. I am now thinking Michigan and/or Wisconsin are going to win this for Trump.

I think Clinton will win Michigan, but if Trump wins Wisconsin this thing could end at 269-269

Does anyone watch VEEP on HBO? They had a tie vote in the show this past season. They could have predicted it.

Oh, no doubt about it. Hillary, through her entire career, has been subject to a very gendered pummeling.

She has her own weaknesses as a candidate, too.

But any woman candidate, especially one in a world where what percentage of the American legislature is female (look it up?), they were going to get put through the ringer on this.

A woman encroaching the world of the patriarchy: no good. It has predictably and visibly elicited a heavy threat response. It's remarkable, really, that she was favored -- and it may have taken a buffoon like DJT for those circumstances to arise.

Now we'll see if she can finish the job.

I think Trump has a better shot at Michigan. Most of the vote in Detroit is already in and Trump is still up by 4% there. Wisconsin will be tighter.

Only 16% of Wayne County is in. Where did you hear most of Detroit is in?

Oh gawd, just what we don't need, a narrow loss by Trump. It was rigged I tells ya, RIGGED. Whichever one we are unfortunate enough to get stuck with, I hope it isn't close enough for any recounts or claims of shenanigans. It needs to END tonight.

^No, if Trump wins, it will be raw populism triumphing over a sophisticated GOTV operation. It'll be no less than the representation we, as a nation, have asked for, and deserve.But also:https://twitter.com/SarahLerner/status/796175748323155968

Oh come on! Somebody playing the anti female president angle? I have not heard or seen that from one single person as a rationale for their vote this time around. The thing people care about in this election is morals and personality and sorting out which of these two is any better than the other is like deciding which form of cancer you would rather die from. The issues took a back seat long ago. The results of this election will not have one thing to do with Americans hating the idea of a female President. It will and has been solely about the idea of which of them is hated more, personally.

Agreed that if Clinton loses it's not because of some anti-female slant. However, I will contest the bolded point and state that if this was about character Trump wouldn't have made it past his campaign launch speech.