The General Election

Wow, this election is much closer than I thought. I am now thinking Michigan and/or Wisconsin are going to win this for Trump.

I think Clinton will win Michigan, but if Trump wins Wisconsin this thing could end at 269-269

I think Trump has a better shot at Michigan. Most of the vote in Detroit is already in and Trump is still up by 4% there. Wisconsin will be tighter.

Only 16% of Wayne County is in. Where did you hear most of Detroit is in?

Maybe I misread the map but it looked like a lot of the Detroit vote was in. Also, Oakland county margins are really small for HIllary. Just go to CNN or other sites and they have county maps. Also, NY Times has updated predictions for each state by the minute, and Trump is up to a 67% chance of winning Michigan.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president/michigan

UPDATE-You are right, Wayne county still has a lot of votes...I hovered over the county next to it. Still a prediction for Trump to win.

Where are the 538 graphics?

If you scroll through this, they've been updating them periodically.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2016-election-results-coverage/

Oh thanks. I was actually wondering why they weren't still be posted in this forum.

but this will work.

There hadn't been a lot of updates with the snake one, and she ended up keeping Virginia (most likely).

Lol...Nate Silver's predictions for HIllary keep going down. If Trump wins, Silver and all other pollsters need to go out of business.

I don't think you understand predictions.

Please explain...if Silver and others gave Hillary an 75 or 80% chance of winning, and she loses, how is that not a miss with their prediction?

Lol...Nate Silver's predictions for HIllary keep going down. If Trump wins, Silver and all other pollsters need to go out of business.

I don't think you understand predictions.

Please explain...if Silver and others gave Hillary an 75 or 80% chance of winning, and she loses, how is that not a miss with their prediction?

You're saying they should go out of business. There's a reason studies don't actually go into production unless they're 95% confident about the right thing. (confidence isn't the same as probability - but I digress). I believe his final prediction was at 70% for a Clinton victory. He also stated many times that the margins of error were very big for this election compared to previous ones.