The General Election

C'mon guys;

Count nor anyone else here needs to explain how they came to their choice. Its the right he and anyone else has, just as all these other rights everyone leans on when it becomes convenient for their cause.

We're having a discussion in a politics forum on a messageboard. Of course he doesn't need to explain anything, but since we're talking about it, it's appropriate to ask.

I get it, but its not merely asking is it?

Looks to me like he has a different opinion and for that reason, he is being ridiculed for his logic!

I get it, but its not merely asking is it?

Looks to me like he has a different opinion and for that reason, he is being ridiculed for his logic!

I'm merely asking. He can tell me to piss off anytime. What am I going to do? Send a strongly-worded message at him? Use emojis aggressively?

He doesn't have to do anything. I'm extremely disappointed in his vote, I'm not going to stop liking him (or anyone else who voted Trump) and I'll still bring cinnamon rolls next time we do a tailgate.

I've taken extremely unpopular opinions here before. I've been called out for it, called to justify my opinions, just what we're doing here. It's the nature of this forum. It can be an impassioned discussion, but no harm has come to me because of it.

And to your edit - I've been ridiculed here before. People's opinions differ from mine. It's how it goes.

• Fire 2

Who is ridiculing?

Well, obviously Count can't be a good Christian and he obvioulsy has not thought things out well, since he has his head in the sand. That was just a quick inventory response to your Q Landlord.

I am sure I could search this thread and find many other examples involving others. May not be flagrant in your eyes but still the same, he is catching flack because he went a different route.

Edit: And Knapp, I am not trying to pin this on you, nor do I think you are so shallow that you would hold his opinion or choice in reserve to justify your like or dislike of anyone.

I personally don't care who votes for who. I just see people making comments in here questioning how one could vote the way they did, and for the life of me, I am wondering how can anyone vote for either of these clowns.

• Fire 2

Who is ridiculing?

Well, obviously Count can't be a good Christian and he obvioulsy has not thought things out well, since he has his head in the sand. That was just a quick inventory response to your Q Landlord.

I am sure I could search this thread and find many other examples involving others. May not be flagrant in your eyes but still the same, he is catching flack because he went a different route.

knapp landlord and i have all met considerably in person. i think we're all capable of having the big boy conversations. I see their point. but i stand on mine. This is how it is.

i can handle the criticism, or i wouldnt be open about it. I knew what i was getting into by venturing into thsi forsaken discussion.

so, going back to this, because i don't understand at all (but am really interested in hearing) how someone can reconcile all of these things we know about Trump and still think he'd be good, or even anything more than 'the worst ever'

I'd be genuinely interested in hearing specifics of what things you see that you're referencing, Count, because I definitely do not see them.

I see a man who has no respect for women and no room in his brain to treat them as equal, dignified human beings. Evidenced by the tic tac tape, comments about his daughter, about countless other women, multiple wives, mistresses, etc.

I see a man who does not view races equally. Evidenced by being found guilty in housing discrimination against minorities, comments about blacks in reference to his money/properties/business dealings/etc., support from and connection to the Ku Klux Klan and white supremacy groups, etc.

I see a man who does not have empathy for people with disabilities.

I see a man who can not ever tell the truth.

It goes on and on and I can provide specific examples, and enough of them to show that they aren't isolated incidents or rogue thoughts, but consistent behavior.

I mean, for example, you don't see things he wants as harming any one group. He said he wants to bring back stop and frisk, which was found to be unconstitutional because it was entirely racist. So there's at least, you know, one thing that would harm a specific group?

• Fire 1

Who is ridiculing?

knapp landlord and i have all met considerably in person. i think we're all capable of having the big boy conversations. I see their point. but i stand on mine. This is how it is.

i can handle the criticism, or i wouldnt be open about it. I knew what i was getting into by venturing into thsi forsaken discussion.

I knew that count, and I was not jumping in to save your honor. You are very good at handling your own affairs. I was using you as an example as there has been others who have felt that since their opinion was different then the regular posters in this thread, that they received flack or had to prove or disprove the whys and what fors.

I was just pointing out an instance that could be viewed that way.

Jesus. what have I done. All i did was vote for trump............

Jesus won't answer someone who voted for Trump. Sorry.

edit...I voted for Tump as well.

That is just funny no matter who you vote for! +1

• Fire 1

ive said before that nothing would get better until ppl start relizing it starts and stops with senators, reps, etc. So no. I dont actually believe that Trump becoming president is gonna result in all that stuff actually happening Landlord. He's pullin sh#t out his ass like any other candidate to garner the support of a certain constituency. Like Obama with change. but here's the deal. If you really want some change, this is it. anti establishment. And i think the change can start from the top. for all his faults, he's also making know some of the issues that we have to fix. We have to fix our borders. But he's so damn extreme with how he says that it gets interpretted in a bad way. I dont really think he's gonna go around and round up muslims and ship em off. but the threat of islamic terrorism is a real thing in the world. So he hammers on it.

i guess as a not-so-educated voter, my opinion is Trump stands up there and tell me exactly things that are wrong, what kind of long term effects they can have and what he would do to fix it. Anti-establishment. Just a big picture thing.

i dont think any of this makes sense. im trying to hard to convince i think. I know what I think. I'm just struggling with the words.

• Fire 1

ive said before that nothing would get better until ppl start relizing it starts and stops with senators, reps, etc. So no. I dont actually believe that Trump becoming president is gonna result in all that stuff actually happening Landlord. He's pullin sh#t out his ass like any other candidate to garner the support of a certain constituency. Like Obama with change. but here's the deal. If you really want some change, this is it. anti establishment. And i think the change can start from the top. for all his faults, he's also making know some of the issues that we have to fix. We have to fix our borders. But he's so damn extreme with how he says that it gets interpretted in a bad way. I dont really think he's gonna go around and round up muslims and ship em off. but the threat of islamic terrorism is a real thing in the world. So he hammers on it.

i guess as a not-so-educated voter, my opinion is Trump stands up there and tell me exactly things that are wrong, what kind of long term effects they can have and what he would do to fix it. Anti-establishment. Just a big picture thing.

i dont think any of this makes sense. im trying to hard to convince i think. I know what I think. I'm just struggling with the words.

Count, I greatly respect your opinion and how you so choose to vote. It's our individual choice. My question is simply to try to understand a Trump supporter more.

Question....I have heard over and over again about how Trump "tells it like it is". But, how do you, as a supporter, reconcile the fact he has been proven to lie so much and completely make stuff up? How is that "telling it like it is"?

• Fire 2