The General Election

I've honestly never been more afraid of an election. Of the 3 I was able to take part in.

Clinton is going to win and I'm going to live in a bunker for 4 years.

As opposed to if Trump won you would just end it all on your own terms? Any foreign conflicts Clinton gets us into will be minuscule compared to the utter disaster Trump wants to throw upon us.

I don't know if Trump will be nuclear-war provoking disaster. His willingness to appear to flout norms is concerning, but for example, Duterte hasn't started wars either -- even as he goes around calling everybody a son of a whore, from Obama to the Pope.

OTOH, an incompetently run administration without clear policy directive at the very top, and from what we do know most open to the most reactionary and regressive political forces that exist in the United States. There's a potential there for a large swing in one direction. One that would remake America in what I'd say is a fairly unfortunate way.

Not all Trump supporters are vile; not by a long shot. But those who are. The ones who reject pluralism. They've lined up in one camp, and it would be dangerous to empower them. This is very much the most base-level of political contests. Let's acknowledge that it's sad that politics has descended to that, but move on quickly to recognizing this fight for what it is, and acting - voting - accordingly.

We can do this, guys.

• Fire 1

I am a Trump supporter, and I am not racist, sexist, or anything along those lines. I don't think his presidency will start a nuclear disaster or anything even close to that. And if he overpowers, remember he can and will be impeached if he really crosses the line. I just really, really don't trust Hillary.

... His tweets suck though.

• Fire 3

I am a Trump supporter, and I am not racist, sexist, or anything along those lines. I don't think his presidency will start a nuclear disaster or anything even close to that. And if he overpowers, remember he can and will be impeached if he really crosses the line. I just really, really don't trust Hillary.

Well said, GBR.

One comment I do want to make is the distinction between accusing Trump supporters of being racist, and the warnings of the dangers of empowering racists through policy, rhetoric, or general blindness to important issues surrounding race, gender, and so forth.

I think simply dishing the hate on Trump supporters gets both excessive and unhelpful. On the other hand, a common -- and very fair, IMO -- criticism that I see is for some of those who aren't willing to vote against him, the serious concerns that many minority groups overwhelmingly have, they're just not on their radar. In a very easy, default kind of way.

• Fire 2

It's f'ing over, mates.

Good game. Pack it up Hillary supporters.

Brady and Belichick have endorsed Trump, the entire north-eastern seaboard is HIS.

{sarcasm} - they did actually endorse though. NH will probably swing his way because of this LOL

Notice that neither Tom or Bill has actually said they support him ... Trump is saying he heard that they do (or that they called him or something). Here are my thoughts:

1. If they really do support him, knowing how he's lagging behind don't you think they'd do so publicly?
  2. If Bill really wrote him a letter do you really think "Mr. Control Freak Bilichick" would say, Hey, just reword it (and it's totally in Trump prose btw). Let me answer for you - no. Bill doesn't give anybody free reign to do anything in his or his team's name.

Surely by now people realize that he just makes stuff up, that he lies and exaggerates and misleads because he is physically unable to tell the truth when it comes to bolstering himself up.

• "There were 32,000 people at my rally in AL" (police said there were 12-15k
  • I am funding my own campaign, and I have given it over 100 million (estimates are more like $32 mil at this point)
  • I am very generous with foundation donations to causes (nope - just no)
  • "We had 15k at the Selma rally" ...(next morning) "we had 20K at our Selma rally" ... (later that day) "there were 21k at our Selma rally" ... (the next day) "we had 23k at our Selma rally"

The list goes on and on - I just love the numbers quotes, especially since they're easily confirmed with local authorities like fire and police, and since they increase over the course of a day. Truly he's a nut.

Well said, GBR.

One comment I do want to make is the distinction between accusing Trump supporters of being racist, and the warnings of the dangers of empowering racists through policy, rhetoric, or general blindness to important issues surrounding race, gender, and so forth.

I think simply dishing the hate on Trump supporters gets both excessive and unhelpful. On the other hand, a common -- and very fair, IMO -- criticism that I see is for some of those who aren't willing to vote against him, the serious concerns that many minority groups overwhelmingly have, they're just not on their radar. In a very easy, default kind of way.

Oh good lord. So now if I don't vote for Hillary (against trump) I some how don't care about minorities and their struggle in life?

Nominate someone worth my vote and I'll gladly vote for them.

It's f'ing over, mates.

Good game. Pack it up Hillary supporters.

Brady and Belichick have endorsed Trump, the entire north-eastern seaboard is HIS.

{sarcasm} - they did actually endorse though. NH will probably swing his way because of this LOL

Notice that neither Tom or Bill has actually said they support him ... Trump is saying he heard that they do (or that they called him or something). Here are my thoughts:

1. If they really do support him, knowing how he's lagging behind don't you think they'd do so publicly?
  2. If Bill really wrote him a letter do you really think "Mr. Control Freak Bilichick" would say, Hey, just reword it (and it's totally in Trump prose btw). Let me answer for you - no. Bill doesn't give anybody free reign to do anything in his or his team's name.

Belichick's letter:

Congratulations on a tremendous campaign. You have to help with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You have proven to be the ultimate competitor fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you for the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election, the results will give the opportunity to make America great again.

Best wishes for great results tomorrow,

Bill Belichick

Color me skeptical that he actually wrote it.

As for Brady, he said Monday morning that he hadn't voted for anyone yet and early voting ended in Massachusetts on Friday. Also Gisele answered an emphatic "NO!" when asked if she or Tom were backing Trump.

Well said, GBR.

Oh good lord. So now if I don't vote for Hillary (against trump) I some how don't care about minorities and their struggle in life?

Nominate someone worth my vote and I'll gladly vote for them.

if i recall correctly.....nebraska voters had no choice in either primary. it had already been decided that it was tRump and Clinton