The General Election

Just noticed this topic has 1 star and since I created it and I'm very fragile I implore all of you to give it 100 stars!

So you want 100 people to give 1 start votes? chuckleshuffle

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I want 20 people to give it 5 stars, damn it.

Funny thing is it's now at 3 stars. But it was at 3 stars after I gave it a 5.

That means it's only averaging a 3 after I begged for votes :(

Donald Trump's cabinet-in-waiting is taking shape in the final days of the race, as aides eye a number of Trump loyalists for major posts should he win on Tuesday.

Among the names being considered, according to conversations with three campaign advisers who requested anonymity to speak freely: Rudy Giuliani for attorney general, Newt Gingrich for secretary of state, retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn for defense secretary or national security adviser, Trump finance chairman Steve Mnuchin for Treasury secretary, and Republican National Committee finance chair Lew Eisenberg for commerce secretary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/gingrich-giuliani-priebus-eyed-top-jobs-trump-white-house-sources-n678881

Donald Trump's cabinet-in-waiting is taking shape in the final days of the race, as aides eye a number of Trump loyalists for major posts should he win on Tuesday.

Among the names being considered, according to conversations with three campaign advisers who requested anonymity to speak freely: Rudy Giuliani for attorney general, Newt Gingrich for secretary of state, retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn for defense secretary or national security adviser, Trump finance chairman Steve Mnuchin for Treasury secretary, and Republican National Committee finance chair Lew Eisenberg for commerce secretary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/gingrich-giuliani-priebus-eyed-top-jobs-trump-white-house-sources-n678881

I bet Chris Christie is happy he neutered himself to get an early ticket on the Trump Train now. No Ragrets right?

Thanks for the graphic, Fru. Important stuff.

So instead of changing with the times the Republican party just changes the laws to disenfranchise voters.

Ahead of the presidential primary in March, Arizona’s most populous county slashed the number of available polling places from 200 to 60, calling it a “cost-effective” move. The result: five-hour lines, polling places running out of ballots, voters giving up and leaving without voting, and even voters fainting after waiting in the Arizona heat.

The Democrats need to somehow get more people voted into local elections, and then if they become in charge, try not to do sh#t like this. There is no defense for it.

• Fire 1

Show me a law the "Republicans" passed to disenfranchise voters.

Okay, but you can see it in either of the articles I was replying to, and see evidence of it in the map that was posted. Also, I didn't say passed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/25/supreme-court-strikes-down-key-part-voting-rights-act.html

What they struck down made it so changes can be made without permission and if any of those changes turn out to be illegal, it will already be too late to fix them because the vote has already happened. This disenfranchises voters because all of the changes they're making have a huge, lopsided effect on one group of people, and there's no evidence that any of the changes were for any other purpose. There's a quote in a post from yesterday where the North Carolina (governor I think?) politician actually came right out and said that the voting window was reduced because too many Blacks were voting on those days.

If you want you can argue that part of the law being struck down wasn't partisan but that'd be pretty amusing.

• Fire 2

It's a result of parts of the voting rights act being struck down.

Had you read either article I posted you may have come across either of these...

"The lines were so long because Republican election officials in Phoenix’s Maricopa County, the largest in the state, reduced the number of polling places by 70 percent from 2012 to 2016, from 200 to just 60—one polling place per 21,000 registered voters."

or

"Since the Supreme Court struck down a key pillar of the Voting Rights Act in 2013, more than a dozen Republican-controlled state legislatures have passed a wave of laws that restrict when, where, and how people can cast a ballot."

Okay, but you can see it in either of the articles I was replying to, and see evidence of it in the map that was posted. Also, I didn't say passed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/25/supreme-court-strikes-down-key-part-voting-rights-act.html

What they struck down made it so changes can be made with permission and if any of those changes turn out to be illegal, it will already be too late to fix them because the vote has already happened. This disenfranchises voters because all of the changes they're making have a huge, lopsided effect on one group of people, and there's no evidence that any of the changes were for any other purpose. There's a quote in a post from yesterday where the North Carolina (governor I think?) politician actually came right out and said that the voting window was reduced because too many Blacks were voting on those days.

If you want you can argue that part of the law being struck down wasn't partisan but that'd be pretty amusing.

I'd like to see that quote.

Republicans scream voter fraud. Dems scream voter disenfranchisement.

Just noticed this topic has 1 star and since I created it and I'm very fragile I implore all of you to give it 100 stars!

I believe I did that. I was trying to click back to the forum homepage and missed, hitting the one star right below my intended link. I really didn't think anyone would notice.