The General Election

It's something most posters on here won't do when they're wrong.

I've seen just about everyone who posts in P&R regularly admit to being wrong on something or other over the years.

I never come over here - I'm used to baseless accusations/facts in the Recruiting/Football forum, sorry :D Hopefully I stick around here and learn the ways

• Fire 2

Clinton's chances of winning her closest "firewall" state, New Hampshire, are back up to 64% according to fivethirtyeight. It had been as low as 60% since the first Comey announcement.

On the bad news (for Clinton) front, Philadelphia transit workers are on strike, which will make it harder for voters who would vote for Clinton in high numbers to get to the polls. Edit: Nevermind. It just ended.

I've seen just about everyone who posts in P&R regularly admit to being wrong on something or other over the years.

I'm wrong about every other post :facepalm:

Ok I and my wife stood in line Sat morning for 2.5 hours to do early voting here in Tulsa. Friday evening we were reviewing the state questions and decided on the spur of the moment to get up early and go vote and get it over with. Feels like a weight off my shoulders.

I also go on TV as channel 6 here in Tulsa filmed us standing in line. So, my 5 secs of fame.

The day before I stood in line for 2 hours to get into the new Pioneer Woman Mercantile restaurant in Pawhuska Ok - about 50 miles from Tulsa. My wife wanted to go there as she likes her stuff. As a good husband, I told her to go into the Mercantile and shop while I stood in line. So 4.5 hours of standing. I'm glad to be sitting now.

Not related to my vote but maybe - We had another 5.0 earthquake Sunday night. It was 50 miles away near Cushing - which is the pipeline center of the USA - the huge oil storage facilities are located there. Some damage to 100 year old main street buildings. It could be felt from Kansas City to Dallas, From Springfield, Mo and Little Rock to NM according to reports.

We were sitting at the dinning room table when first there was a abrupt jerk, and then a few seconds later a continued rumbling for about 30-40 seconds. We knew it was over when the plant on the table stopped shaking.

My insurance agent said that Okla has the most natural hazards (tornadoes, wild fires, hail, wind, earthquakes, floods, ice, etc) than any other state - She said in explaining why property insurance rates have gone up. I keep asking myself "We live here why?" Out of Oklahoma's 5 strongest earthquakes, 3 have occurred this year. Thank-you injection wells.

• Fire 1

Clinton's chances of winning her closest "firewall" state, New Hampshire, are back up to 64% according to fivethirtyeight. It had been as low as 60% since the first Comey announcement.

On the bad news (for Clinton) front, Philadelphia transit workers are on strike, which will make it harder for voters who would vote for Clinton in high numbers to get to the polls. Edit: Nevermind. It just ended.

that was a quick strike!

I'm wrong about every other post :facepalm:

Ok I and my wife stood in line Sat morning for 2.5 hours to do early voting here in Tulsa. Friday evening we were reviewing the state questions and decided on the spur of the moment to get up early and go vote and get it over with. Feels like a weight off my shoulders.

I also go on TV as channel 6 here in Tulsa filmed us standing in line. So, my 5 secs of fame.

The day before I stood in line for 2 hours to get into the new Pioneer Woman Mercantile restaurant in Pawhuska Ok - about 50 miles from Tulsa. My wife wanted to go there as she likes her stuff. As a good husband, I told her to go into the Mercantile and shop while I stood in line. So 4.5 hours of standing. I'm glad to be sitting now.

Not related to my vote but maybe - We had another 5.0 earthquake Sunday night. It was 50 miles away near Cushing - which is the pipeline center of the USA - the huge oil storage facilities are located there. Some damage to 100 year old main street buildings. It could be felt from Kansas City to Dallas, From Springfield, Mo and Little Rock to NM according to reports.

We were sitting at the dinning room table when first there was a abrupt jerk, and then a few seconds later a continued rumbling for about 30-40 seconds. We knew it was over when the plant on the table stopped shaking.

My insurance agent said that Okla has the most natural hazards (tornadoes, wild fires, hail, wind, earthquakes, floods, ice, etc) than any other state - She said in explaining why property insurance rates have gone up. I keep asking myself "We live here why?" Out of Oklahoma's 5 strongest earthquakes, 3 have occurred this year. Thank-you injection wells.

How do you feel about having to wait 2.5 hours to vote? It seems excessive to me but then I don't think I've ever waited more than maybe 20 minutes. I saw one report over the weekend of a line being a half mile long with 4000 people waiting to vote.

I'm still pretty bummed about Comey's statement. I know Clinton is not a great candidate by any stretch, and the email thing IS her fault. But regardless of that fact, it still kind of sucks. No candidate, whether it's their fault or not, deserves to get raked over the coals like that.

It only really bugs me because I was hoping America would rise up, flex their might at the polls, and reject Trumpism wholeheartedly and forcefully. It was looking that way, until Comey and that weasel Chaffetz sent Republicans scurrying back to Trump. The thought of Republicans controlling the Senate, sitting on a vacant Supreme Court seat 'til next election and four more years of obstructionism makes me sick to my stomach.

... wait, you aren't serious? Please tell me you aren't serious.

"the email thing IS her fault"

"No candidate deserves to get raked over the coals like that"

No public official deserves to conduct herself the way she did and ever hold office ever again. No citizen deserves to have our nation's information handled the way she did. Did you know Hillary knew it was wrong, and regularly had her maid press "print" on the computer so that if ever got back, it was the maid who did it and not her?

Gtfo of here with the Hillary victim card.

Update - I came back here to eat my crow. It's something most posters on here won't do when they're wrong. WikiLeaks blows c$%k, unless they knew Nebraska was going to play like sh#t. I will always remember, remember the 5th of November now you good for nothing twats.

Of course it's her fault. It was a horrible decision. I didn't deny that.

What I AM saying is that Comey has now THRICE broken federal protocol when it comes to how we handle these situations. A dereliction in Clinton's duty should not excuse one in Comey's.

Today marks the third time he's spoken out about a current investigation, which is something he's rather explicitly not supposed to do. That should be left to a DoJ official.

You can rail on Clinton all day long about the mail thing, as can anyone. I don't really care and I'm not going to defend that. But Comey continues to insert himself into the middle of the election. And his FBI is leaking like a sieve at this point. At what point can he no longer run the FBI?

Pardon me if I don't cry a tear for the woman.

• Fire 1

Glad you guys are OK and didn't take on any damage, TGH. Way to get voting out of the way early! I sent my absentee ballot off earlier this week as well.

Crap about the long wait, though. I think the half-mile long line WB was talking about was in Cincinnati. The closing of polling places and a major urban city like Cincinnati only having ONE early polling place frustrate the crap out of me. When you hear about that, side by side with smaller, more well-off locations having a handful of different places to go vote, doesn't make any sense to me. I assume sometimes it's intentional to strategically suppress votes in certain areas, and other times it's just poor planning from state governments or for financial reasons.

Re: Cincinnati, allow me to say this, which is an alternate universe, would soon be a new spin on an old favorite:

THANKS, KASICH!

Oh, and public transportation is obviously rigged. :D

I'm still pretty bummed about Comey's statement. I know Clinton is not a great candidate by any stretch, and the email thing IS her fault. But regardless of that fact, it still kind of sucks. No candidate, whether it's their fault or not, deserves to get raked over the coals like that.

It only really bugs me because I was hoping America would rise up, flex their might at the polls, and reject Trumpism wholeheartedly and forcefully. It was looking that way, until Comey and that weasel Chaffetz sent Republicans scurrying back to Trump. The thought of Republicans controlling the Senate, sitting on a vacant Supreme Court seat 'til next election and four more years of obstructionism makes me sick to my stomach.

No public official deserves to conduct herself the way she did and ever hold office ever again. No citizen deserves to have our nation's information handled the way she did. Did you know Hillary knew it was wrong, and regularly had her maid press "print" on the computer so that if ever got back, it was the maid who did it and not her?

Update - I came back here to eat my crow. It's something most posters on here won't do when they're wrong. WikiLeaks blows c$%k, unless they knew Nebraska was going to play like sh#t. I will always remember, remember the 5th of November now you good for nothing twats.

What I AM saying is that Comey has now THRICE broken federal protocol when it comes to how we handle these situations. A dereliction in Clinton's duty should not excuse one in Comey's.

Today marks the third time he's spoken out about a current investigation, which is something he's rather explicitly not supposed to do. That should be left to a DoJ official.

You can rail on Clinton all day long about the mail thing, as can anyone. I don't really care and I'm not going to defend that. But Comey continues to insert himself into the middle of the election. And his FBI is leaking like a sieve at this point. At what point can he no longer run the FBI?

I don't care too much how people feel about Clinton, but if the guy heading the FBI isn't fit for the job, that should concern people.

I don't care too much how people feel about Clinton, but if the guy heading the FBI isn't fit for the job, that should concern people.

Who the heck appointed this guy anyway?

How do you feel about having to wait 2.5 hours to vote? It seems excessive to me but then I don't think I've ever waited more than maybe 20 minutes. I saw one report over the weekend of a line being a half mile long with 4000 people waiting to vote.

This issue is why what North Carolina is doing (closing the voting window) is so wrong. It almost exclusively effects one party, because it has the biggest negative impact on big cities and minorities.