The General Election

While I don't agree with some of Trump's statements and the timing of his tweet yesterday, he is right that this administration is failing the American people when it comes to fighting terrorism. While everyone is excited that Bin Laden was caught, the fact is that ISIS was decimated when Bush left office (according to Obama's own FBI director), and ISIS has grown by 4400% under Obama's watch. Moreover, it looks like Hillary's State Department asked to have the Orlando terrorists probe stop for fear of alienating the Muslim community. This is what Trump and other GOP candidates continue to talk about...the fact that political correctness is getting in the way of doing what is right.

http://www.infowars.com/hillarys-state-dept-blocked-investigation-into-orlando-killers-mosque/

Except, in fact, what you take as causation is simply correlation. By the same argument, al Quida exploded in size in Iraq under Bush's watch - it had almost NO foothold in the country until Bush destabilized it with a completely unnecessary war that took more than 4000 American lives.

What's good for the goose...

Moderators - if I call someone crazy do I get kicked off the board?

Indeed.

:-)

But if you say "That is a crazy idea . . ."

Sgt Shultz would never call anyone crazy. He would just say "I saw nooothing"

Ja, gudt. Ooo, weinerschnitzel

While I don't agree with some of Trump's statements and the timing of his tweet yesterday, he is right that this administration is failing the American people when it comes to fighting terrorism. While everyone is excited that Bin Laden was caught, the fact is that ISIS was decimated when Bush left office (according to Obama's own FBI director), and ISIS has grown by 4400% under Obama's watch. Moreover, it looks like Hillary's State Department asked to have the Orlando terrorists probe stop for fear of alienating the Muslim community. This is what Trump and other GOP candidates continue to talk about...the fact that political correctness is getting in the way of doing what is right.

http://www.infowars.com/hillarys-state-dept-blocked-investigation-into-orlando-killers-mosque/

Except, in fact, what you take as causation is simply correlation. By the same argument, al Quida exploded in size in Iraq under Bush's watch - it had almost NO foothold in the country until Bush destabilized it with a completely unnecessary war that took more than 4000 American lives.

Where is your data that shows that Al Quada exploded under Bush's watch and then began transporting terror to the US and Europe? I have always read that Al Quada grew in power in the 90s under Clinton's watch, Clinton had the opportunity to take him out and did not, and we then had the bombing in Yemen followed by 9/11. When we were on the offense in the War on Terror with Bush we were seeing less terror attacks in the US and worldwide. Does this mean we need to invade Iraq...no, but it does mean we need to be more aggressive in fighting terror.

https://www.aei.org/publication/brennan-admits-isis-was-decimated-under-bush-but-has-grown-under-obama-by-as-much-as-4400-percent/

Where is your data that shows that Al Quada exploded and then began transporting terror to the US and Europe? I have always read that Al Quada grew in power in the 90s under Clinton's watch, Clinton had the opportunity to take him out and did not, and we then had the bombing in Yemen followed by 9/11. When we were on the offense in the War on Terror with Bush we were seeing less terror attacks in the US and worldwide. Does this mean we need to invade Iraq...no, but it does mean we need to be more aggressive in fighting terror.

https://www.aei.org/publication/brennan-admits-isis-was-decimated-under-bush-but-has-grown-under-obama-by-as-much-as-4400-percent/

Focus. I spoke of the growth of al-Qaeda in Iraq. As for proof of that...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

As for Al-Qaeda's birth and growth, you need to go back to the Reagan administration; it was the birth and growth of Al-Qaeda that gave rise to ISIL.

Link

Where is your data that shows that Al Quada exploded and then began transporting terror to the US and Europe? I have always read that Al Quada grew in power in the 90s under Clinton's watch, Clinton had the opportunity to take him out and did not, and we then had the bombing in Yemen followed by 9/11. When we were on the offense in the War on Terror with Bush we were seeing less terror attacks in the US and worldwide. Does this mean we need to invade Iraq...no, but it does mean we need to be more aggressive in fighting terror.

Focus. I spoke of the growth of al-Qaeda in Iraq. As for proof of that...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

As for Al-Qaeda's birth and growth, you need to go back to the Reagan administration; it was the birth and growth of Al-Qaeda that gave rise to ISIL.

Link

Well terrorism really began in the late 1970s with Carter, continued with Reagan, but it really accelerated in the 90s. Terrorists will be here always from here on out, but it's our strategy and policy to deal with it that has changed from one POTUS to another.

I'm not disputing Al Qaeda was in Iraq. The goal was to take the fight to them where they were and not to have their terrorism further exported to western societies like the US. Since Bush left office, terror attacks like we've seen in Europe and the US has grown, and the point of the article I referenced explained how Hillary and Obama were worried about upsetting Muslims so they stopped pursuing the Orlando terrorist. Are you disagreeing with that?

Interesting.....

LINK

Donald Trump's brash swagger and outlandish behavior have made him so unpopular in Utah that a new poll shows the state could swing to Hillary Clinton in November, potentially becoming the first time in 52 years that a Democrat has won the Beehive State.

Meanwhile, Trump is tied with Hillary in Pennsylvania, and this is from a Democratic polling group. We could see many states flip if this holds up. I think the Trump team would take the net gain from picking up PA while losing Utah if that were to happen.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_PA_60816.pdf

Terrorism, by its modern definition, began well before Jimmy Carter took office. The Anarchists of the late 19th & early 20th centuries were bombing cafes in Europe before WWI. The Irish were waging a campaign that would be described as terrorism before WWII. John Brown would be considered a terrorist by today's definition, and he was waging his campaign before the Civil War. Post Civil War you had the KKK.

How can people not know this stuff? What do they teach in schools? Do people not know how to google simple phrases?