The General Election

ISIS is a movement and it continues to grow.

Looks like it's shrinking, and having a harder time staying afloat.

ISIS' retreat from al Hawl is one small example of a growing problem for the "caliphate." Its revenues are declining as its control over populations and resources shrink.
In 2015, ISIS lost about 40% of the area it held in Iraq, as well as parts of northeastern Syria that have both good farmland and oil. Airstrikes on the oil infrastructure it controlled have further diminished the balance sheet. Some of its senior financial officials have been killed. Trading through Turkey has become much more difficult. Its cash depots have been bombed.
ISIS isn't about to file for bankruptcy -- but its balance sheet is hurting.

People correlate continued terrorist attacks like this with growth of the movement as a whole. From what I understand, they're doing so mistakenly.

It's awful that it's so easy for them to send individuals or small groups around the world to carry out attacks like these, or simply inspire such attacks, as was the case in Orlando.

But it doesn't reflect the health or expansion of their group as a whole. I'm sure it sucks for some people because it doesn't fit people's narrative of Obama screwing the pooch on all of this and not keeping us safe. But he's kept us relatively safe and is in fact slowly starving ISIS out of existence. With minimal casualties to US citizens.

Trump now insinuating that Obama is behind the attacks.

Donald Trump seemed to repeatedly accuse President Obama on Monday of identifying with radicalized Muslims who have carried out terrorist attacks in the United States and being complicit in the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando over the weekend, the worst the country has ever seen.

"Look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind," Trump said in a lengthy interview on Fox News early Monday morning. "And the something else in mind -- you know, people can't believe it. People cannot, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

In that same interview, Trump was asked to explain why he called for Obama to resign in light of the shooting and he answered, in part: "He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands -- it's one or the other and either one is unacceptable."

For months, Trump has slyly suggested that the president is not Christian and has questioned his compassion toward Muslims. Years ago, Trump was a major force in calls for the president to release his birth certificate and prove that he was born in the United States. On the campaign trail, Trump has repeatedly stated as fact conspiracy theories about the president, his rivals and Muslims, often refusing to back down from his assertions even when they are proven to be false.

During an appearance on the "Today" show later Monday morning, Savannah Guthrie pushed Trump to explain what he meant in the earlier interview.

"Well there are a lot of people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it," Trump said. "A lot of people think maybe he doesn't want to know about it. I happen to think that he just doesn't know what he's doing, but there are many people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it. He doesn't want to see what's really happening. And that could be."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/13/donald-trump-suggests-president-obama-was-involved-with-orlando-shooting/

Donald Trump seemed to repeatedly accuse President Obama on Monday of identifying with radicalized Muslims who have carried out terrorist attacks in the United States and being complicit in the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando over the weekend, the worst the country has ever seen.

"Look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind," Trump said in a lengthy interview on Fox News early Monday morning. "And the something else in mind -- you know, people can't believe it. People cannot, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

In that same interview, Trump was asked to explain why he called for Obama to resign in light of the shooting and he answered, in part: "He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands -- it's one or the other and either one is unacceptable."

For months, Trump has slyly suggested that the president is not Christian and has questioned his compassion toward Muslims. Years ago, Trump was a major force in calls for the president to release his birth certificate and prove that he was born in the United States. On the campaign trail, Trump has repeatedly stated as fact conspiracy theories about the president, his rivals and Muslims, often refusing to back down from his assertions even when they are proven to be false.

During an appearance on the "Today" show later Monday morning, Savannah Guthrie pushed Trump to explain what he meant in the earlier interview.

"Well there are a lot of people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it," Trump said. "A lot of people think maybe he doesn't want to know about it. I happen to think that he just doesn't know what he's doing, but there are many people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it. He doesn't want to see what's really happening. And that could be."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/13/donald-trump-suggests-president-obama-was-involved-with-orlando-shooting/

This probably plays well with a certain group of his supporters but interviews like this have to be pretty damaging to his chances to become POTUS. Insinuating that Obama is somehow connected to the Orlando shooter is straight crazy talk.

This probably plays well with a certain group of his supporters but interviews like this have to be pretty damaging to his chances to become POTUS. Insinuating that Obama is somehow connected to the Orlando shooter is straight crazy talk.

But "a lot of people think it." Ergo, it's proper presidential etiquette that he also bring it up.

Trump is hitting home runs over and over again. Pundits and liberal 'news' speakers (they just don't rise up to the level of a reporter) keep trying to trash Trump and all he does is keep on speaking frankly and plainly telling it like it really is and cutting out all the political correct BS. It is quite refreshing actually. Trump simply says "I told you so!" and everybody cries foul! LOL It is amazing when he tells the truth and liberals just can't stand to hear it so they attack the messenger instead of in any rational way trying to rebut the message. They don't rebut the message because there are no rebuttals. The truth is the truth. Sometimes as the saying goes "the truth hurts". But you can't pretend it away. You must accept the facts and then think realistically on how to change them in an honest, truthful way.

• Fire 2

The Washington Post writing a hit article on Trump? You don't say...

Using words he said this morning on TV is a "hit article"?

Of course it is. It's the Washington Post, owned by Jeff Bezos, whom Trump has already targeted and threatened to pursue with the legal powers of the presidency over these "hit pieces".

Making America Great Again apparently means the erosion of libel laws and the first amendment.

If a U.S. President were truly to demonstrate such vindictiveness towards any critical outlet, then we would have become Turkey, and you can bet many will fall into line.

If you want to double down and support what he's said, then be my guest and own your positions fully.

Of course it is. It's the Washington Post, owned by Jeff Bezos, whom Trump has already targeted and threatened to pursue with the legal powers of the presidency over these "hit pieces".

Making America Great Again apparently means the erosion of libel laws and the first amendment.

If a U.S. President were truly to demonstrate such vindictiveness towards any critical outlet, then we would have become Turkey, and you can bet many will fall into line.

If you want to double down and support what he's said, then be my guest and own your positions fully.

Come on.....a free press isn't important.

I assume you're talking to me?

Yes, I support what he is saying. He is far from an eloquent speaker, as even his most steadfast supporters would agree. But he is and has been right about a lot of issues during this campaign cycle on a ton of issues that politicians wouldn't dare touch because it's not politically correct to do so.

I think he's 100% innocent in the Trump University case, he's not wrong to accuse the judge for bias based on his history of support of undocumented illegal immigrants, he's not racist or a bigot, and he is completely right on his stance about a ban on Syrian refugees. I support nationalism and putting America first, and therefore I support Donald Trump.

Furthermore, I believe that Hillary Clinton is an evil, self-serving liar and is completely detached from reality. The Democratic Party would be wise to bar her from the nomination and choose Bernie Sanders instead so they at least have someone with a moral compass representing the party instead of a criminal. The problem is that the Democratic Party has been the largest enabler of her activities, followed closely by the uneducated people who plan to vote for her, as a statement has now been released proving that the Democratic Party interfered with the investigation into Benghazi. Politics in America are dirty beyond some of the worst conspiracy theories, and it all needs cleaned up.

We live in the greatest country in the history of the planet, and we've all got to take personal responsibility for it and get rid of dirty politics and dirty, crooked politicians.

How's that, zoogs?

You do realize that Trump has been caught lying one heck of a lot....right?

I just find it funny when you accuse the other person of being so horrible because she lies than then fully support another friggen lier.

Or calling one out of touch with reality when the other wants to build a two thousand mile long wall...
  • Fire 1

You do realize that Trump has been caught lying one heck of a lot....right?

I just find it funny when you accuse the other person of being so horrible because she lies than then fully support another friggen lier.

Or calling one out of touch with reality when the other wants to build a two thousand mile long wall...

1. What exactly has Trump flat out lied about and tried to hide? I'd like you to tell me that, because what I observe is that people who oppose Trump take every minor thing he does and blow it out of proportion and try to put it on level playing field with Hillary's garbage. They're not remotely on the same level.

2. I fully believe that when he becomes President, the wall will happen. And even if we get stuck paying for it, it's pennies compared to the trade deficit that he will help fix.

Please answer #1. Thank you

• Fire 1