Betting Line for Huskers Wins at 9.5

Looking into this a bit more, Nebraska is -175 on the under. Meaning you have to bet $175 to win $100 if you take the under 9.5. The over 9.5 is +135, so by betting $100 you would win $135.

Ohio St over 9.5 is -195, while their under 9.5 is +155.

I really don't understand gambling, but why the hell would anybody bet $175 on the chance to loose $75 if you win the bet?

Looking into this a bit more, Nebraska is -175 on the under. Meaning you have to bet $175 to win $100 if you take the under 9.5. The over 9.5 is +135, so by betting $100 you would win $135.

Ohio St over 9.5 is -195, while their under 9.5 is +155.

I really don't understand gambling, but why the hell would anybody bet $175 on the chance to loose $75 if you win the bet?

-175 means you must bet $175 to win $100. Which means If you win Vegas gives you $275

• Fire 1

Honestly I'm stunned to see this. I'm not a betting man, and if I was I would not bet against my own team, but I simply cannot see Mike Riley coaching this team to more than nine wins.

I mean, I'd be beyond thrilled and would gladly eat crow, but I would bet the farm on the under. 9.5 wins would be miraculous.

Personally, I will be elated beyond measure if we won 9 games. The 9 wins would include winning a bowl game. This would exceed my expectations.

I'm not against MR. I just believe we need another year under his system and him recruiting his guys. If he can secure a Top 15 recruiting season after winning 7-8 games this year I will be tickled "RED". Anything else is "gravy" for me.

At present, I think more of the board is optimistic then my view. Love to see that. If we "tank" I will be optimistic while the board gains new first time posters and goes into meltdown mode.

Honestly I'm stunned to see this. I'm not a betting man, and if I was I would not bet against my own team, but I simply cannot see Mike Riley coaching this team to more than nine wins.

I mean, I'd be beyond thrilled and would gladly eat crow, but I would bet the farm on the under. 9.5 wins would be miraculous.

I totally get your thoughts!

It is kind of weird because I look at the schedule and think that 10 wins is basically built in...then I think about Coach Riley coaching the team and I start thinking that he manages to make the impossible possible and the possible impossible.

At Iowa, at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, Oregon...I like your optimism in the first part of your post but I don't see 10 wins "built in." We'll definitely have to earn some wins to get to 10.

I am optimistic about this year, but I agree with you on the strength of schedule. I don't understand how people can think this is an easy schedule. It isn't murderers' row, but it sure isn't patty cake either.

I'll admit - it is strange to see Nebraska rubbing shoulders with CFP teams from last season in terms of the over/under on wins. tOSU seems low, whereas I would expect Nebraska to be around 8.5.

I'll admit - it is strange to see Nebraska rubbing shoulders with CFP teams from last season in terms of the over/under on wins. tOSU seems low, whereas I would expect Nebraska to be around 8.5.

Could just be one of those situations where Vegas knows they'll get action simply because its Nebraska.

At Iowa, at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, Oregon...I like your optimism in the first part of your post but I don't see 10 wins "built in." We'll definitely have to earn some wins to get to 10.

I am optimistic about this year, but I agree with you on the strength of schedule. I don't understand how people can think this is an easy schedule. It isn't murderers' row, but it sure isn't patty cake either.

I guess if 10 was the hardest schedule and 1 was the easiest...I would say this years schedule is like a 4.5?

I guess if 10 was the hardest schedule and 1 was the easiest...I would say this years schedule is like a 4.5?
4.5 to me is too low, that sits on the easier side of the scale. To me trips to UW, I@wa, and tOSU is pretty tough plus Oregon at home. NW is away and they are a solid team as well. I would say a 6.

4.5 to me is too low, that sits on the easier side of the scale. To me trips to UW, I@wa, and tOSU is pretty tough plus Oregon at home. NW is away and they are a solid team as well. I would say a 6.

Yeah, I get what you are saying...I just think Iowa should NOT be a "tough game" even though it probably will be. Maybe since they play 12 games we should say the scale is 1-12 with 1 being the easiest and for each "sure win" you subtract starting at 12.

Sure wins: Fresno, Wyoming, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland...good lord how far has Nebraska fallen when I am not even sure if Purdue is a sure win anymore. Never mind!

Yeah, I get what you are saying...I just think Iowa should NOT be a "tough game" even though it probably will be. Maybe since they play 12 games we should say the scale is 1-12 with 1 being the easiest and for each "sure win" you subtract starting at 12.

Sure wins: Fresno, Wyoming, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland...good lord how far has Nebraska fallen when I am not even sure if Purdue is a sure win anymore. Never mind!

I think expectations play into it. Assuming the goal is to win the West and be ranked then I would say 6-6.5 as the key games are all on the road. Compare that to UW's B1G slate and they are a 7.5 for the same goal.