Game-by-Game W-L Predictions

Fresno - Win (Should be comfortably, but wouldn't be surprised it the first game of the year is a little shaky)
Wyoming - Win
Oregon - Toss-up (I think the Huskers lose, but there is a real chance they don't. The hype and home stadium make it a toss up)
@NW - Toss-up
Illinois - Win
@IU - Toss-up
Purdue - Win
@Wisconsin - Toss-up
@Ohio State - Loss
Minnesota - Win
Maryland - Win
@Iowa - Loss

6 "wins"

2 "losses"

4 "toss-ups" (Oregon is likely loss, Wisconsin is likely loss, I"m not even very comfortable with NW as a toss-up)

If I put a number out, I'd say 7-5 is likely. 8-4 best case, 5-7 worst case.

Fresno - Win (Should be comfortably, but wouldn't be surprised it the first game of the year is a little shaky)

Wyoming - Win

Oregon - Toss-up (I think the Huskers lose, but there is a real chance they don't. The hype and home stadium make it a toss up)

@NW - Toss-up

Illinois - Win

@IU - Toss-up

Purdue - Win

@Wisconsin - Toss-up

@Ohio State - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Maryland - Win

@Iowa - Loss

6 "wins"

2 "losses"

4 "toss-ups" (Oregon is likely loss, Wisconsin is likely loss, I"m not even very comfortable with NW as a toss-up)

This is why I did this exercise. You are saying worst to best case scenario is 5 to 8 wins, but when you actually put pen to paper (so to speak) game by game, you actually came up with 6 to 10 wins. (Average 8) don't you see it?

Wyoming - Win

@NW - Toss-up

Illinois - Win

@IU - Toss-up

Purdue - Win

@Wisconsin - Toss-up

@Ohio State - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Maryland - Win

@Iowa - Loss

6 "wins"

2 "losses"

This is why I did this exercise. You are saying worst to best case scenario is 5 to 8 wins, but when you actually put pen to paper (so to speak) game by game, you actually came up with 6 to 10 wins. (Average 8) don't you see it?

I actually only came up with 6 or 7 wins when I put "pen to paper". Which would be in line with my 5 to 8 wins: median of 6.5

I don't think Nebraska will win 10 games next year, or 9 even. They will most likely lose 3 of the 4 "toss ups" in my opinion. Best case is they split them, worst case is they lose all of them plus a game that should definitely be a win. Eight wins isn't my "average", it is best case in my judgement.

I actually only came up with 6 or 7 wins when I put "pen to paper". Which would be in line with my 5 to 8 wins: median of 6.5

I don't think Nebraska will win 10 games next year, or 9 even. They will most likely lose 3 of the 4 "toss ups" in my opinion. Best case is they split them, worst case is they lose all of them plus a game that should definitely be a win. Eight wins isn't my "average", it is best case in my judgement.

Well they are your picks so they only need to make sense to you. To me, winning half of the toss ups would be an average expectation.

Fresno - Win
Wyoming - Win
Oregon - Toss up
@NW- Win
Illinois - Win
@IU - Win
Purdue - Win.
@Wisconsin - Toss up
@Ohio State - Loss
Minnesota - Win
Maryland - Win
@Iowa - Toss up

I predict an 8-4 regular season and anything less is a major concern. On the offensive side, if the coaches can utilize Tommy like they did in the spring and the offensive line comes along, we have stable of capable backs, one of the top WR units in the Big 10, and Carter full of potential at TE. On defense, although very green, a lot of young talent at DE and DT, plus a senior in Maurice. LBs look to be loaded, so no worries there. At corner it seems we have two solid guys, so if Lamar Jackson and anyone else can set up for the nickel and dime spots, we will be ok there. Safeties seem solid as well.

Well they are your picks so they only need to make sense to you. To me, winning half of the toss ups would be an average expectation.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I say "best case" is winning half of the toss ups, Riley and his staff didn't do anything last year to make me think they will do better. Yes, they are recruiting their tails off, but "their" players will either be true freshmen or not even on campus. I'm bracing myself for a small improvement from last year's record, if there is one at all....

Trust me, I'm rooting against my own predictions :)

Fresno W - Win easy
Wyoming W - Win easy
Oregon L - Pass defense does great, but Royce Freeman runs all over us. Oregon wins a shootout.
@ Northwestern L - Pass defense does great, but Justin Jackson runs all over us. Northwestern wins a shootout.
Illinois W - Win easy
@ Indiana L - Pass defense finally gets exposed. Indiana wins a shootout.
Purdue W - Win easy
@ Wisconsin L - Pass defense does great, but Corey Clement runs all over us. Wisconsin wins a shootout.
@ tOSU L - OSU wins about 28-10
Minnesota W - Win easy
Maryland W - We barely squeak out a win.
@ Iowa L - Iowa wins in a blowout.

Final: 6-6

Fresno W - Win easy

Wyoming W - Win easy

Oregon L - Pass defense does great, but Royce Freeman runs all over us. Oregon wins a shootout.

@ Northwestern L - Pass defense does great, but Justin Jackson runs all over us. Northwestern wins a shootout.

Illinois W - Win easy

@ Indiana L - Pass defense finally gets exposed. Indiana wins a shootout.

Purdue W - Win easy

@ Wisconsin L - Pass defense does great, but Corey Clement runs all over us. Wisconsin wins a shootout.

@ tOSU L - OSU wins about 28-10

Minnesota W - Win easy

Maryland W - We barely squeak out a win.

@ Iowa L - Iowa wins in a blowout.

Final: 6-6

When did any back run all over us last year?