Game-by-Game W-L Predictions

Fresno W - Win easy

Wyoming W - Win easy

Oregon L - Pass defense does great, but Royce Freeman runs all over us. Oregon wins a shootout.

@ Northwestern L - Pass defense does great, but Justin Jackson runs all over us. Northwestern wins a shootout.

Illinois W - Win easy

@ Indiana L - Pass defense finally gets exposed. Indiana wins a shootout.

Purdue W - Win easy

@ Wisconsin L - Pass defense does great, but Corey Clement runs all over us. Wisconsin wins a shootout.

@ tOSU L - OSU wins about 28-10

Minnesota W - Win easy

Maryland W - We barely squeak out a win.

@ Iowa L - Iowa wins in a blowout.

Final: 6-6

When did any back run all over us last year?

Good point. Valentine, Collins, Gangwish, McMullen, and Williams should have it covered......

• Fire 3

Fresno - Win by a score of roughly 49-22

Wyoming - Win but they make a late push

Oregon - Win on the final drive 28-26

@NW - Win, and big. Like 52-13 big

Illinois - Win a lazy game by 20 unimpressively

@IU - Our defense comes out lazy and we have to explode in the 4th to win an early shootout

Purdue - Shutout, 40-0

@Wisconsin - Win, they come out beaten up and we take an early lead and win 38-20

@Ohio State - Loss, but it's only by 9 points

Minnesota - Win, an early scare gets stuffed by the D

Maryland - Win an easy game, 39-10

@Iowa - Win, like we did the first couple times we played em

*note: ^ that is best case scenario. I think we go 9-3 on the year.

I honestly laughed out loud. Why do people think we do anything better than .500?

Perhaps, because last year, there was a new offensive coordinator, a new defensive coordinator, with a new offense and a significantly different defense and there were no non-competative games (with the possible exception of Purdue, which I think was more of an emotional/energy related loss) and they actually improved during the year.

Fresno -Win

Wyoming - Win, but closer than expected

Oregon - Loss, close. A lot depends on their new QB

@NW - Win

Illinois - Win

@IU - T

Purdue - Win, big

@Wisconsin - Win. Wisconsin will have a new QB and I think their defense takes a step back. Nebraska learns how to defend the outside running game

@Ohio State - Loss

Minnesota - Win. I don't see them maintaining without Kill. I think they will still be too one dementional on offense.

Maryland - Win

@Iowa - Payback

Plus probably lose one of the above they shouldn't. Now, if Tommie improves his ball security more than everybody seems to think, they could s

Fresno W - Win easy

Wyoming W - Win easy

Oregon L - Pass defense does great, but Royce Freeman runs all over us. Oregon wins a shootout.

@ Northwestern L - Pass defense does great, but Justin Jackson runs all over us. Northwestern wins a shootout.

Illinois W - Win easy

Purdue W - Win easy

@ Wisconsin L - Pass defense does great, but Corey Clement runs all over us. Wisconsin wins a shootout.

Minnesota W - Win easy

Good point. Valentine, Collins, Gangwish, McMullen, and Williams should have it covered......
So you have no faith in the LB's or the young lineman at all? The style of defense that they run is meant to stop the run.

*note: ^ that is best case scenario. I think we go 9-3 on the year.

I honestly laughed out loud. Why do people think we do anything better than .500?
Reading is hard...
I stopped reading after 52-13.
Any chance you could just not read any of my posts?

Fresno W - Win easy

Wyoming W - Win easy

Illinois W - Win easy

Purdue W - Win easy

Minnesota W - Win easy

OK - If we're judging this year's expectations on last year's results, looks like I'll change my prediction to 5-7 with losses against Purdue and Illinois.

As others above have stated, I think we see a fairly large dropoff in our rush defense compared to last year with the loss of 5 defensive lineman, 2 of which were good enough that they were drafted in the third round. A scheme is only as good as the guys you have playing it. Not that I think the guys we will have playing are bad - just that they are very very inexperienced. Notice how I didn't say anyone will run all over us the last four games? That's because I do believe Parrella will coach them up and they will improve as the year goes on.

Fresno Win 56-0

Wyoming W 70-0

Oregon W 42-17

@ Northwestern W 42-3

Illinois W 70-0

@ Indiana W 49-7

Purdue W 77-0

@ Wisconsin W 35-10

@ tOSU W 35-21

Minnesota W 49-10

Maryland W 60-0

@ Iowa W 42-3

B1G championship VS MSU- W 35-17

NAT Champ semifinal vs FSU- W42-10

NAT CHAMP-vs Alabama- W 35-27

Any other questions?

Can I have what ever you are drinking?

Fresno W - Win easy

Wyoming W - Win easy

Illinois W - Win easy

Purdue W - Win easy

Minnesota W - Win easy

So you have no faith in the LB's or the young lineman at all? The style of defense that they run is meant to stop the run.

I think they'll do fine. But I don't think it is realistic to just replace the experience that was lost and expect to be just as good or better.

Fresno W - close win, i think we come out a little slow as the boys shake out the off season rust

Wyoming W - Bohl will play us tough in the first half but our depth shows in the 2nd.

Oregon T - toss up for me, depends on who is Oregons QB and how settled he is. We could win big if their QB is not up to par.

@ Northwestern W - very close game, as per usual

Illinois W - They will still be figuring out smith's scheme by this time.

@ Indiana W - close win, they will score points on us, but so will we, i think the D gets enough stops for us to pull this out.

Purdue W - I think the boys will have revenge on their minds for this game.

@ Wisconsin W/T - Very close game, i think we could lose this depending on how their new DC and QB progresses during the season. Will know more as season goes on.

@ tOSU L/T - I wager we lose this unless Beck is calling the plays chuckleshuffle

Minnesota W - I think Riley has this teams number, we will see this year if my theory is correct but last year surprised me at how we dismantled them in their house.

Maryland W - Could be close or a blow out, Maryland is talented but on and off like Clemson during the Bowden years.

@ Iowa W - Close game, but i think we inch this out.

Overall 10-2

In reality i bet we probably go 8-4 or 9-3. So i imagine we drop a game or two we can or should win. But i like what i see from this team and a 10-2 record i think is in reach if the youngsters grow up quick. And considering how well the staff did with their first freshmen last year i have a glass half full look at this situation right now. ;)

It is far too early to make these kinds of predictions unless one is allowed to qualify them.

Assuming we have no major injuries to the members of the two deep chart, then I will say: we win all regular season games except we fall short by 2 TDs to the Buckeyes. We will then finish at 10-1 and head to the CCG vs either OSU or Michigan. We will fall the second time to OSU and give Michigan a heck of a game but also come up about 3 short. At 10--2 we will play in a very nice bowl game against a quality top ten opponent. Barring injuries, we will win that game and finish 11-2 and be ranked #10 in the final polls.

If we lose critical players such as QB, couple OL, another DT or cornerback or safety, we will drop about as many games as we have injured key players. That is the direct result of having so little quality depth (our talent deficiency will show up in the big games) and we will need some Husker Magic and plain ol' fashioned luck too). But we are due for a season with few or no injuries and lots of Husker Magic along the way.

My serious guesses:

Fresno W- They might give us more of a game than we expect, but should win by 10+ when it is said and done.

Wyoming W- I dont thin this game ever feels close. I think we see a special Tommy and win by 25+

Oregon L- This will be a nail bitter and we are going to impress the recruits. Mike knows how to beat Oregon so he will come out hungry. Lose late due to lack of depth upfront and inability to get pressure without blizting

@ Northwestern W- Usually play them close but they really dont make me nervous

Illinois W- We will outclass them but Lovie will have them pumped up and they will make late run on us to close it to 7 points but a late field goal wins this game by 10.

@ Indiana W- They are fast but thats were it ends... Not Sudfield and we win by 14.

Purdue W- CHOO CHOO-- Huskers win by 24

@ Wisconsin W- I think we get a HUGE win at camp randal by late touchdown drive by Tommy.

@ tOSU L- Cant compete with these guys

Minnesota L- depressing loss... Cant hang with this tough nosed gophers and the boo birds are LOUD.

Maryland W- We play mad and just CRUSH the little turtles.

@ Iowa L- Lose by 10 but play fairly well. Iowa wins the B1G West.

8-4 in regular season

Win bowl game and get the Bo Pelini 9 wins.