The Most Absurd Play (or Game) in Husker Football History

The most absurd play I can remember is watching Niles Paul run down the sidelines, after catching a perfect pass, towards and apparent TD and them fumbling the ball on about the 5 yard line for no apparent reason and an ISU guy recovering it.

Easily the most absurd game I've seen the Huskers play. That should have been a 35 point victory, at minimum.

The most absurd play I can remember is watching Niles Paul run down the sidelines, after catching a perfect pass, towards and apparent TD and them fumbling the ball on about the 5 yard line for no apparent reason and an ISU guy recovering it.

Easily the most absurd game I've seen the Huskers play. That should have been a 35 point victory, at minimum.

If Suh got injured early in 2009, we may have gone 5-7 to be honest.

Part of me agrees, but the rest of that Defense was loaded too. IDK...

If we're speaking of just "absurd" plays, something that made you chuckle, the fake FG against Colorado in 2008 was so absurd it made me laugh out loud. We'd run that play against Kansas earlier in the year, and the field goal we were lining up for was really long. Not only was Colorado on alert for a fake, they had film on the exact kind of fake we were going to run. Their Safety took the flip intended for Henery out of the air and went untouched for the silliest of touchdowns.

Run a fake there, that's all right. But don't run the exact same fake you'd done two games ago.

All I could do was laugh as Colorado ran that in for the score. THAT was absurd.

• Fire 2

I think his mere presence inspired a lot of those guys to play harder, so I get a feeling production would have significantly dipped since our offense was so hindered. Mizzou could have easily been a loss, Baylor was an uninspired 20-10 win led by Crick w/5 sacks because of Suh being doubled on, OU was only a win because of strong D play, and Colorado was only an 8 pt win.

Don't get me wrong, the '09 Defense was absolutely outstanding. It was so good that it could have been one of the all time national best IF it had an offense that gave it even a little help.

I think his mere presence inspired a lot of those guys to play harder, so I get a feeling production would have significantly dipped since our offense was so hindered. Mizzou could have easily been a loss, Baylor was an uninspired 20-10 win led by Crick w/5 sacks because of Suh being doubled on, OU was only a win because of strong D play, and Colorado was only an 8 pt win.

Don't get me wrong, the '09 Defense was absolutely outstanding. It was so good that it could have been one of the all time national best IF it had an offense that gave it even a little help.

I mostly agree but I think 5-7 is a bit of a stretch. I think a lack of Suh's presence could have accounted for one extra loss, maybe two at best. I don't think we lose 7 games without Suh though mainly because the rest of the defense was so talented.

Plus, if you ask any Mizzou fan, the reason NU won that game was because the rain ONLY fell when Mizzou was on offense in the 2nd half, and magically stopped whenever the NU offense was on the field.

-_-

I mostly agree but I think 5-7 is a bit of a stretch. I think a lack of Suh's presence could have accounted for one extra loss, maybe two at best. I don't think we lose 7 games without Suh though mainly because the rest of the defense was so talented.

Plus, if you ask any Mizzou fan, the reason NU won that game was because the rain ONLY fell when Mizzou was on offense in the 2nd half, and magically stopped whenever the NU offense was on the field.

-_-

Our 9-3 regular season record could have fallen to 6-6 realistically if you take away Mizzou, OU and Colorado. Not a stretch by any means considering the level of player Suh was.