Riley brings gang-rape survivor Brenda Tracy to Nebraska

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/17680212/brenda-tracy-talks-baylor-team-sexual-assault-prevention-leaves-feeling-defeated

"One of the first things he says is he didn't understand why I was there," she told OTL. "He said this wasn't a football issue. This was an issue on the rest of the campus. And he just went on and on that [former head coach] Art Briles did absolutely nothing and this was all unfounded and nothing happened and they were being treated unfairly and there was some conspiracy going on against Baylor football."

http://www.wpr.org/student-athletes-commit-rape-sexual-assaults-more-often-peers

...the findings that nearly one-third of sexual assaults on college campuses are perpetrated by athletes have been proven by respected researchers like Jeff Benedict and corroborated by others. That’s a rate almost six times higher than that of their peers, she said.

Glad nothing this idiotic happened when she spoke here.

• Fire 1

That guy will end up getting dismissed when they find out who he is. I can almost guarantee it. I assume he did this without Grobe's permission.

Siding with a guy who looked the other way when he knew about RAPE is never a good look.

They know who did it. She didn't know his name at the time but they (a coach at Baylor I think - forgot already) had her look through the photos of the coaches and she recognized him and let them know. She just didn't say his name in the article.

• Fire 1

That guy will end up getting dismissed when they find out who he is. I can almost guarantee it. I assume he did this without Grobe's permission.

Siding with a guy who looked the other way when he knew about RAPE is never a good look.

Even if we pretend it was unfounded, she's been to other schools. She's been to Oklahoma and Auburn and probably others, just from a quick search.

Even if we pretend it was unfounded, she's been to other schools. She's been to Oklahoma and Auburn and probably others, just from a quick search.

I think it's safe to say Tracy would have given them the benefit of the doubt had they not been over the top f@cked up.

This is why keeping some of the assistant coaches was a bad idea. Good for winning. Bad for culture.

Yeah, really curious. It's sort of hard to see Baylor as being really committed to this. I think, though, this is just the general sort of attitude that some people have. Someone voiced this opinion to her this morning, and other people think it:

Still others reject it. But firing one more assistant coach or not from one school -- not to say that it isn't deserved, because it is -- doesn't mean the needle is moving on a larger level.

Yes, Baylor was particularly bad. This culture issue, though, it pervades all of us. It's not just a few high-ups at one university.

For the most part, I'd like to say Nebraska's taking a strong leadership role on this. One hopes! :)

• 6 months later...

^Being facetious haha.

Man, I don't know how I feel about Matt Davison equating players having football success with ability to make "new girlfriends". Have a good day on the field and hey, "won't be lonely" moving forward.

Not trying to put him on blast here, but you want to talk about changing the culture, let's not end with the culture within the team.