Gun Control

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah….the last little slap by the shooter was something straight out of Hollywood. 

But…..we should all be packing heat because we all would know exactly what to do in that situation. 

Exactly!  Ha

The guy even gets the gun from him and is still in a defensive position, scared and unsure what to do, which is exactly how I would be.  

I found this article interesting.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/01/lost-boys-violent-narcissism-angry-young-men/672886/

There are definite similarities in the perpetrators of the majority of mass shootings. There is a “type”.  Maybe it would be wise to focus some energy into solving this issue rather than breaking into 2 camps to argue about gun control every time one of these incidents occur. Yes, easy access to inappropriate guns provides the tool for these perps but the root problem seems to be easily identified but harder to cure.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I found this article interesting.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/01/lost-boys-violent-narcissism-angry-young-men/672886/

There are definite similarities in the perpetrators of the majority of mass shootings. There is a “type”.  Maybe it would be wise to focus some energy into solving this issue rather than breaking into 2 camps to argue about gun control every time one of these incidents occur. Yes, easy access to inappropriate guns provides the tool for these perps but the root problem seems to be easily identified but harder to cure.

An honest society would be having productive conversations about both. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

An honest society would be having productive conversations about both. 

I agree. It just seems the root problem is getting completely ignored while we bicker about and make no progress on what has been proven to mitigate the problem in numerous other countries. Also, I think there is extraordinary overlap at the core between these mass shootings and our current political/ideological problems. Seems the same demographic is driving both issues. I don’t have the answers but it sure would be nice to get it solved.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, commando said:

the reports say they had the gunman down 3 minutes after the first 911 call came in.  those guys must have been in the parking lot already

I was surprised at how quickly the shooter was shot also.  Maybe the first responders were already nearby if not already in the parking lot practically like you said.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...